373 members have voted

1. 1. positions

• It's a bop!
    • Room for improvement, expected more
    • Same old same old
    • Your opinion (post below)

Featured Posts

Anderson123

I like it a lot. Not annoyingly catchy like No Tears Left to Cry but more on the vibes of Thank You Next, which I prefer.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Flawless

You guys have to understand that the pop sound in Dangerous Woman isn't Ariana's main focus, it never was and I doubt she would do something like that in 2020 for a record, it isn't the most profitable and popular genre anymore. She appeals most to R&B and it's when she shines the most imo. But yes, the new song is not bad but is very underwhelming and kinda bland, wish it had a more interesting production to it, but it's fine. Looking forward to the album. 

the scars on my mind are on replay.

It’s cute, but doesn’t really pop for me. It may grow on me, but I loved the video :trollga: 

Get that fire exit door, I’m off...

Chuckles
11 hours ago, Born This Way said:

It sounds nice but the lyrics are so hard to hear, at least for me.

I hit play and I stopped it because I couldn't understand anything she was singing

The video is quite smart. The song isn't exactly a "banger". It's just a chilly moody rnb throwback. It'll grown on me. 🙆

It's her low key R&B sultry regular formula that works for her. I can see it playing on repeat on radios everywhere, but it just isn't anything special.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Cameltoe Chariot

This is such a great example of how much context matters when it comes to pop music.

If this was, say, Track 8 on the album and was never a single or had a video, it would absolutely stand out to me and I'd probably return to the track a lot.

But because it was positioned as a lead single, along with a really lacklustre, empty video it feels incredibly weak :awkney:

I honestly think the biggest oversight was making a video on the eve of one of the most important elections in history that takes place in the white house, and the only message it's offering is a combo of "girls rule, boys drool lol" and that Ari looks hot in 60s business wear fashion :bear:

Couldn't understand any of it on first listen. Needed the lyric video. I was surprised to find that its a bit kinky with the switching positions lyric. Somehow I did not expect that given the mv in the Whitehouse. :yennefer:  

Was that filmed on the set of West Wing?

Mello background music.

BlingNotTheMusic
5 hours ago, tmo13 said:

Thank you!! 

I'm super excited for this album, I'm loving this vibe so far. I would like it if she left the trap behind and focused more on the early 2000s R&B vibes. it fits her so well. 

If she did like a Destiny's Child "The Writings On The Wall" vibe I would SOOOO be here for it. I really want her songs to showcase her vocals more. And not just in the chorus or whatever. Like how it's showcased in "imagine"

instant catchy, the chorus easy to humming,

i enjoy this for sing along better than ROM

ROM kinda long to catch my ears

but i love both songs

Archived