ūüéĄ December Fan Mail ūüéĄ

Sign in to follow this  
society

Macron Decries Islamic Terrorist Attack

JustaMonster
16 hours ago, Faysalaaa said:

And why alot of Muslims today interpret the Quran is a violent way, but in the past history they did not? it means there is a societal issue.

Can you imagine that Iran in the 40's and 50's used to be a place where women wore skirts and biki in public? there is a reason why it changed and its not Islam.

These terrorists would still exist with or without islam but they will use something else to justify their action.

What makes you think that Muslims didnt interpret the Quaran in a violent way in the past? They absolutely did, there were tons of religious wars fought against non-believers in the past in the name of Islam I dont know what you're talking about. How do you think Islam spread?

Hands up to the sky, I'm about to fly!

Faysalaaa
1 hour ago, JustaMonster said:

What makes you think that Muslims didnt interpret the Quaran in a violent way in the past? They absolutely did, there were tons of religious wars fought against non-believers in the past in the name of Islam I dont know what you're talking about. How do you think Islam spread?

Im not talking about generally in the past, im talking about why certain periods in Islam was not violent and people were not radicalized. If you red any of my comments, I explained how all women in Iran used to wear bikini and mini skirts in public during the 40's and 50's, why did that change considering islam existed in the past and now.

Edited by Faysalaaa

JustaMonster
Just now, Faysalaaa said:

Im not talking about generally in the past, im talking about why certain periods in Islam was not violent and people were not radicalized. If you red any of my comments, I explained how women in Iran used to wear bikini and mini skirts in public during the 40's and 50's, why did that change considering islam existed in the past and now.

It was different because at that time they ignored the teachings of islam that say not to do that.

Faysalaaa
18 minutes ago, JustaMonster said:

It was different because at that time they ignored the teachings of islam that say not to do that.

And why today they dont ignore it, but in the past they ignore it? Why did they support peaceful teachings of islam, and today they dont? Islam did not change its the same texts so something else must have changed?

JustaMonster
5 hours ago, Faysalaaa said:

And why today they dont ignore it, but in the past they ignore it? Why did they support peaceful teachings of islam, and today they dont? Islam did not change its the same texts so something else must have changed?

I don't understand your point, Islam still taught all of those things its all right there in the quaran people just chose not to follow the shitty parts. You're trying to say that these aren't teachings of Islam when they absolutely are.

Pharamon
14 hours ago, littlepotter said:

I'm ready to bet you've never read about neuro linguistic programming but decided to say that anyway

I'm ready to bet you were quick to judge someone without educating the wrong or those who might be unfamiliar with neurolinguistic programming.

Faysalaaa
2 hours ago, JustaMonster said:

I don't understand your point, Islam still taught all of those things its all right there in the quaran people just chose not to follow the shitty parts. You're trying to say that these aren't teachings of Islam when they absolutely are.

Well I personally dont see any violence in the Quran. Many users here confronted me and challenged me with violent verses that I easily explained without being apologetic. Many Muslims lived peacefully with peaceful islamic teachings through history and no its not because they ignored the violence. Just talk to a Sufi Muslim scholar for example, these are people who study the religion and they arent ignoring anything.

Terrorists make up rules from their head in the name of Islam. For example, terrorists justify killing other Muslims including Muslim children if it leads to a better outcome for Islam. Do you think the Quran justifies killing Muslims?

Edited by Faysalaaa

VOLANTIS
6 minutes ago, Pharamon said:

I'm ready to bet you were quick to judge someone without educating the wrong or those who might be unfamiliar with neurolinguistic programming.

20 hours ago, Pharamon said:

aight common sense left the building here

Quickly judging goes both ways. Also google is free. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Pharamon
2 minutes ago, VOLANTIS said:

Quickly judging goes both ways. Also google is free. 

So I had to assume what he was about to say? lmao

Faysalaaa
20 hours ago, Pharamon said:

aight common sense left the building here

I dont think they meant religion itself is scientific. But that scientifically humans make up a god to cope with the horrible reality of life and death. Some say its part of our evolution to believe in a god.

I dont know much about this subject but I think thats what they meant..?

Pharamon
1 minute ago, Faysalaaa said:

I dont think they meant religion itself is scientific. But that scientifically humans make up a god to cope with the horrible reality of life and death. Some say its part of our evolution to believe in a god.

I read it as something else then

• Like 1

ElectricChapelR
18 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

Not only coping with reality of life and death but to create a system of beliefs that can make your life beautiful and have a meaning. Religion is actually very very efficient and yes, it's a part of evolution. The new ways of manifesting spirituality (not actually new for the world but new for the western culture) are becoming more scientific as they found out inducing positive and optimistic thinking is really helpful. And you cannot achieve positivity, optimism and love with prayers, meditation or any other form of repetitive and constant rituals. 

Saying religion is trash is like saying medicinal alcohol is trash because some people are drinking it and die. 

I know this is a very hard to swallow pill and I myself hated religion for so long but when I began to understand it, I stopped blaming it for anything that's wrong with the world. 

17 minutes ago, Pharamon said:

I read it as something else then

Neurolinguistic Programming. Google it and you won't regret it.

• Like 2

Curunir
18 minutes ago, ElectricChapelR said:

I googled it and got this:

"There is no scientific evidence supporting the claims made by NLP advocates, and it has been discredited as a pseudoscience"

:billie:

Pharamon
20 minutes ago, ElectricChapelR said:

Not only coping with reality of life and death but to create a system of beliefs that can make your life beautiful and have a meaning. Religion is actually very very efficient and yes, it's a part of evolution. The new ways of manifesting spirituality (not actually new for the world but new for the western culture) are becoming more scientific as they found out inducing positive and optimistic thinking is really helpful. And you cannot achieve positivity, optimism and love with prayers, meditation or any other form of repetitive and constant rituals. 

Saying religion is trash is like saying medicinal alcohol is trash because some people are drinking it and die. 

I know this is a very hard to swallow pill and I myself hated religion for so long but when I began to understand it, I stopped blaming it for anything that's wrong with the world. 

Well spirtuality =/= religion necessarily

Curunir
On 10/18/2020 at 9:28 AM, Faysalaaa said:

Islam should be reformed and I really think its easy to do.

Easy? :laughga:

I think it's borderline impossible :deadbanana:

People dont really interpret the Quran by themselves, they always follow a scholar that explains it to them as the Quran is so complicated, its like another language to us. So if we fund peaceful teachings of Islam and make it the official consesus among all Muslims, things will change.

That's a good idea, but I think that's something that's probably not going to happen in our lifetimes. The world is too political and too corrupt for that now.

By the way, Ashin Wirathu is a well known Buddhist terrorist with a group of Buddhist killing people. We just dont hear much about terrorism that doesnt effect the western world.

It's true that we don't hear much about terrorism that doesn't affect the Western world, be it committed in the name of Buddhism, Christianity or another religion, but it's also true that terrorist acts done in the name of Islam are much more prevalent in recent times.

• Like 2