⚔️ CHROMATICA OUT NOW ⚔️

🎃 The October fan mail is here! 🎃
Sign in to follow this  
society

Macron Decries Islamic Terrorist Attack

River

I said it many times, westerns don't know anything about the politics and religious politics in the middle east, so they don't understands the players, it's more than saying jihad = terrorist, you need to go back to who is funding them, who started all this etc. the middle east wars didn't start with ISIS, the west f-cked up the middle east so may times, made poor choices, treated it like a little child that you can do whatever you want with it.. and these are the results.. terrorism.. Islam is just pawn but it's much deeper than that, it's the hate to the west, especially to the US.

Their opinions about Islam are very problematic, it's not about the religion imo but about the believers, westerns still have a problem with middle easterns and it doesn't matter if they are a Muslim or Christian or a Jew, it's sufficient for them to see a person with a keffiyeh and all they will see is a terrorist in their eyes.

I'd rather be dead but I guess I'm alive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Curunir
10 hours ago, Faysalaaa said:

Do you think there is a reason why who commits more terrorism changes through history? If the issue is with religion, then these things wouldnt change through history.

I do. It changes because religion changes as well. Christianity and all its forms are not the same today as 1000 years ago. There's even new forms of it that have been created since. Same goes for any religion.

People who interpret their religion in a violent way are projecting themselves into the religion to justify what they want to do.

I agree with this 100%. Do you think that Islam gives more opportunities for people to "misinterpret" it though? Cause I do. You don't see as many murders happening in the name of Buddha for example.

I think the main cause of this is horrible foreign policy in the Middle East and Proxy Wars. Funding extreme radical religious governments that promote Salafi and Wahabi teachings of Islam worldwide.

I agree with this too. Western governments should mind their own business rather than police the world.

Islam will never go away so why not find other solutions other than saying religion is bad?

Who says it has to go away? Why not change Islam?

In my opinion, Islam in its current form is bad. That doesn't mean that there can't be elements of it that are actually positive and beneficial to people. Remove the hate, the violence, the non-acceptance of anything that isn't Islam and you're already halfway towards improving it.

Edited by Curunir
  • Like 2

JustaMonster
6 hours ago, Faysalaaa said:

If the issue is with religion, then these things wouldnt change through history.

Says who? The people that follow their religion can change their interpretation over time which is what many have done. The issue is Muslim extremists who still want to enact the barbaric laws and practices in the quaran. Decent and moderate Muslims ignore these and don't follow the evil things that can be found.

Hands up to the sky, I'm about to fly!

wetasspussy

21 hours ago, Cersei Lannister said:

This sounds a lot like victim blaming. “If you hadn’t done such and such then maybe your head wouldn’t have been chopped off! Shame on you!”  

I'm not victim blaming him at all but in times where the lack of tolerance and fundamentalism is at a all time high I would try to be careful for my own safety when approaching any sensitive topic at all. That still doesn't justify the horrific act done . No where near should a person should take it down to a limit where the other person would ever be harmed

Faysalaaa
6 hours ago, Curunir said:

I do. It changes because religion changes as well. Christianity and all its forms are not the same today as 1000 years ago. There's even new forms of it that have been created since. Same goes for any religion.

I agree with this 100%. Do you think that Islam gives more opportunities for people to "misinterpret" it though? Cause I do. You don't see as many murders happening in the name of Buddha for example.

I agree with this too. Western governments should mind their own business rather than police the world.

Who says it has to go away? Why not change Islam?

In my opinion, Islam in its current form is bad. That doesn't mean that there can't be elements of it that are actually positive and beneficial to people. Remove the hate, the violence, the non-acceptance of anything that isn't Islam and you're already halfway towards improving it.

Then I think we agree..

Islam should be reformed and I really think its easy to do. People dont really care about religion as much as they claim they do. I live in Saudi Arabia and people changed their whole belief system and ideology in one day because the government changed. People will follow what is socially expected from them. For many years the Salafi Wahabi school of teaching was overly funded and took over all countries including Europe and it demonized other form of teachings.

People dont really interpret the Quran by themselves, they always follow a scholar that explains it to them as the Quran is so complicated, its like another language to us. So if we fund peaceful teachings of Islam and make it the official consesus among all Muslims, things will change.

By the way, Ashin Wirathu is a well known Buddhist terrorist with a group of Buddhist killing people. We just dont hear much about terrorism that doesnt effect the western world.

Edited by Faysalaaa
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Faysalaaa
5 hours ago, JustaMonster said:

Says who? The people that follow their religion can change their interpretation over time which is what many have done. The issue is Muslim extremists who still want to enact the barbaric laws and practices in the quaran. Decent and moderate Muslims ignore these and don't follow the evil things that can be found.

And why alot of Muslims today interpret the Quran is a violent way, but in the past history they did not? it means there is a societal issue.

Can you imagine that Iran in the 40's and 50's used to be a place where women wore skirts and biki in public? there is a reason why it changed and its not Islam.

These terrorists would still exist with or without islam but they will use something else to justify their action.

Edited by Faysalaaa

KanyeWest
9 hours ago, Faysalaaa said:

And why alot of Muslims today interpret the Quran is a violent way, but in the past history they did not? it means there is a societal issue.

The whole idea of these attacks stem from radical islam, which brainwashes people and make them very violent, they think they are doing this for God because of certain verses, some even invent new ones (like listening to music being haram amongst other things...). It is a mental illness, no one will call it that way as to not offend religious people but to be so scared of your God and prophet that you're willing to kill people and/or yourself is a mental illness. You can hear it and feel it when you listen to these people's deep rooted beliefs and thought process. In some other cases, the person turns to radical islam because they are lost, usually having a past history with delinquance and/or drug dealer. You're right, a very long time ago there were only moderate muslims who were much more open minded, slowly but surely these places turned very conservative

Kanye West Is Blonde And Gone

Faysalaaa
3 hours ago, KanyeWest said:

The whole idea of these attacks stem from radical islam, which brainwashes people and make them very violent, they think they are doing this for God because of certain verses, some even invent new ones (like listening to music being haram amongst other things...). It is a mental illness, no one will call it that way as to not offend religious people but to be so scared of your God and prophet that you're willing to kill people and/or yourself is a mental illness. You can hear it and feel it when you listen to these people's deep rooted beliefs and thought process. In some other cases, the person turns to radical islam because they are lost, usually having a past history with delinquance and/or drug dealer. You're right, a very long time ago there were only moderate muslims who were much more open minded, slowly but surely these places turned very conservative

Women in Iran during the 40's and 50's were wearing bikinis and mini skirts in public. 

My grandmother tells me stories about how open Saudi used to be compared to today. Like how she used to smoke infront of her male teacher during college classes. Now everything is segregated and no male teachers are allowed, and women are encouraged not to get a college education.

My aunt in Syria used to live a very open life that does not even exist today in Syria, now 90% of Syrians wear hijab (Not that Hijab is wrong and im not against it).

Everything changed today to the worse and there is a reason for that. Look at the history of why radicalization happened all over the Middle East, and you will see how little religion plays a part. Im not saying religion is blameless, but only blaming religion means there will never be a solution because Islam is not going anywhere.

To kill someone because of religion is mental illness and psychopathic, its not offensive to say that. Anyone who thinks this way is a danger to themselves and society.

Edited by Faysalaaa

littlepotter
On 10/17/2020 at 12:24 PM, Cersei Lannister said:

We always say “teach men not to rape” so how about “teach these radical Muslims/Christians or whatever not to murder.” It’s no different 

This is absolutely not it....... come on. You can't compare a shocking situation like this to rape culture which is widespread and happens everywhere, every day. 

can you hear me come undone?

KanyeWest
40 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

Look at the history of why radicalization happened all over the Middle East, and you will see how little religion plays a part.

This is such a very weird sentence to me. Radicalization is about religion, religion plays the part in it, that's the common denominator. 

41 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

To kill someone because of religion is mental illness and psychopathic

But I thought it had nothing to do with religion...

Kanye West Is Blonde And Gone

Faysalaaa
8 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

This is such a very weird sentence to me. Radicalization is about religion, religion plays the part in it, that's the common denominator. 

But I thought it had nothing to do with religion...

Im saying the reason they were radicalized into religion is not religion. Look into Irans history and why the country turned out the way it is today. Why did Islam not radicalize Iranians in the 40's and 50's?

Edited by Faysalaaa

Cersei Lannister
33 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

This is absolutely not it....... come on. You can't compare a shocking situation like this to rape culture which is widespread and happens everywhere, every day. 

This is a widespread problem and happens all the time. This wasn’t an isolated incident 

More wine 🍷

Pharamon
On 10/17/2020 at 10:05 AM, ElectricChapelR said:

It's not. The way people are using to justify their actions is trash. 

Religion is a very efficient way to improve mental health no matter Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Rastafari, or whatever. 

People who lack self identity associates themselves with religious beliefs and misunderstand everything that's written in holy books.

Jesus was all about love. So was every enlightened prophet. 

Religion is very scientific if you understand it. You should read about  neuro linguistic programming and you will understand what religion is all about.

aight common sense left the building here

• LMAO 1

littlepotter
5 hours ago, Cersei Lannister said:

This is a widespread problem and happens all the time. This wasn’t an isolated incident 

no it does not happen all the time... the world would look much more different if it did lmao

littlepotter
5 hours ago, Pharamon said:

aight common sense left the building here

I'm ready to bet you've never read about neuro linguistic programming but decided to say that anyway

• Thanks 1