💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Rihanna under fire for using a Hadith on Savage X Fenty

FrozenKookie

Featured Posts

COOOK

Shea slayed and scalped me as always but Gigi looked... so  S T I F F!  :saladga: What happened girl?

Cheering Rooting GIF

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Anveeroy said:

@PartySick This person is spreading conspiracy theories which brainwashed ISIS. How this is allowed here? 

Dude what are you even talking about. I'm referring to the act of killing non believers or people that break some of the rules of the religion something which is routinely performed in Muslim countries, see stoning women to death or throwing gay people off buildings. I'm not at all spreading conspiracy theories, merely mentioning the fact that stuff like that happens in more hard right countries, and why for that reason I don't like religion and think it should be allowed to be critisised for human rights issues. 

1 minute ago, Karl said:

Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.” (9:29) 

The point is, people do get murdered for mocking the religion, because like other religions, the more extreme and right wing countries twist the words to mean what they want, hence my problem with religion in the first place.

if YOUR interpretation of that verse was correct, there wouldn’t be many non-muslims left in this world. Just think about it.

I proved you wrong with general ruling not to insult others and you bring verse relevant in war times, when muslims were attacked. Your logic is not different than of some terrorists groups’ interpretations. 

FreePalestine

BleepBloop

Don't see any issues here:yennefer:

I honestly don't understand religious people, why would you limit yourself and live under some invisible being's rules by choice? 

Guest Adarsh
17 minutes ago, Anveeroy said:

Excuse me? 

@Adarsh, Indian Muslims are conservative? Ahaha

Please don't generalize us. Bangladesh, India are very much different than Saudi Arabia, Pakistan - they have Sharia Law, we don't have. 

All of my Muslim friends and their parents are liberal so I agree with you :stalkga:

26 minutes ago, Karl said:

Please also realise however that the reason it is offensive in Islam to depict or mock Allah, is because in their book the god character says that any who do so should be killed. 

I expect you to correct this, since you didn’t bring any proof about depictions and about mocking, it’s actually the OPPOSITE as I proved. :coffee:

FreePalestine

Just now, lego said:

if YOUR interpretation of that verse was correct, there wouldn’t be many non-muslims left in this world. Just think about it.

I proved you wrong with general ruling not to insult others and you bring verse relevant in war times, when muslims were attacked. Your logic is not different than of some terrorists groups’ interpretations.

Well like I said, in most countries the religion has been diluted and most Muslims are tolerant and peaceful, I'm referring to countries where you can still be murdered for being gay.

If you think religion has done more good in the world than bad and we should not be able to critique it, then we are going to have to agree to disagree. 

10 minutes ago, Anveeroy said:

@PartySick This person is spreading conspiracy theories which brainwashed ISIS. How this is allowed here? 

Literally they’re spreading ISIS propaganda without knowing. 

FreePalestine

Just now, Karl said:

Well like I said, in most countries the religion has been diluted and most Muslims are tolerant and peaceful, I'm referring to countries where you can still be murdered for being gay.

If you think religion has done more good in the world than bad and we should not be able to critique it, then we are going to have to agree to disagree. 

I expect you to correct what you said previously. It’s just not true.

We can agree to disagree on other things and not continue this conversation.

FreePalestine

Just now, lego said:

If I've been ignorant on the particular passages of the book I apologise.

I just see violence, misogny and homophobia done in the name of religion, which is an actual fact, and it makes me angry. Don't see what is wrong with that. If it was happening in Jewish or Buddhist countries I would feel the same way, nothing to do with Islam in particular, just doing horrible things in the name of a invisible friend and not be able to criticise said invisible friend irks me. 

Sepsami
1 minute ago, lego said:

Literally they’re spreading ISIS propaganda without knowing. 

1 minute ago, lego said:

I'm confused, are you saying that gays being tortured and attacked in the Middle-East isn't real? Those hatecrimes are motivated by Islamic belief, wrongly interpreted or not..

That's why@Karl quoted that verse in the first place, to show that it can be twisted in many different ways to fit the narrative you want, which is why any dogmatic religion is potentially very dangerous.

1 minute ago, Sepsami said:

I'm confused, are you saying that gays being tortured and attacked in the Middle-East isn't real? Those hatecrimes are motivated by Islamic belief, wrongly interpreted or not..

That's why@Karl quoted that verse in the first place, to show that it can be twisted in many different ways to fit the narrative you want, which is why any dogmatic religion is potentially very dangerous.

Yeah you worded it better than me, thanks :kiss:

4 minutes ago, Karl said:

If it was happening in Jewish or Buddhist countries I would feel the same way,

Well you can see literally concentration camps and torture in China, ethnic cleansing in Burma, apartheid and bombing in Gaza (Palestine), but no one is blaming Buddhism nor Judaism for that. And you can’t prove none of those evil actions aren’t motivated by their religion. There were stabbings in gay parade in Jerusalem and still no one blamed whole religion. Think about that. 

FreePalestine

Just now, lego said:

Well you can see literally concentration camps and torture in China, ethnic cleansing in Burma, apartheid and bombing in Gaza, but no one is blaming Buddhism nor Judaism for that. And you can’t prove none of those evil actions aren’t motivated by their religion. There were stabbinga in gay parade in Jerusalem and still no one blamed whole religion. Think about that. 

They probably are motivated by religion, which further proves the point that religion can fuel violence and misery. 

4 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

First, he didn’t quote, he made a claim about something being in the Qur’an which was not. We were talking about depictions and mocking.

Second, yes terrorists are extremist who misinterpret the religion or use it for their own gains, so why would you basically agree with them? Why would you post verse about  war and give their interpretation? 

FreePalestine

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived