💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Yara Shahidi To Play Tinkerbell In Disney’s Live-Action ‘Peter Pan’ Pic

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

This is amazing!

Here for this positive change!

Stanlist: Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Dua Lipa, Fifth Harmony girls, unperfect, Grace VanderWaal, Rina Sawayama

TEETHTEETH
2 hours ago, KanyeWest said:

At first I was a bit iffy with changing the whole looks of a cartoon character but I think it's good to diversify as long as it's not illogical to the character's background story

The ones they kept the classic looks to a t (Cinderella, beauty and the beast) weren't that great. 

Regina George
9 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Huge success doesn't mean good cinema.

golden globes chrissy teigan GIF

Huge success means huge exposure and possibility work for the rest of new actor’s or new actress’s life. + Nowadays box office is one of the most important (if not the most important) things in movie business. No one cares about good cinema if it’s not profitable. Sending love! 

But I’d also disagree. Disney is objectively good cinema. 

For a company like Disney, "Diversify" is a code word for "lets pander to minorities to get some sjw points"

Babba the Hutt
16 minutes ago, Adakam said:

For a company like Disney, "Diversify" is a code word for "lets pander to minorities to get some sjw points"

And quick, easy money.

elijahfan
35 minutes ago, Regina George said:

Huge success means huge exposure and possibility work for the rest of new actor’s or new actress’s life. + Nowadays box office is one of the most important (if not the most important) things in movie business. No one cares about good cinema if it’s not profitable. Sending love! 

But I’d also disagree. Disney is objectively good cinema. 

I guess it depends what you're looking for... I have to say I pretty much disagree with each and every one of your points, but I'm glad there's at least one person enjoying the travesty Disney has become.

Regina George
3 hours ago, elijahfan said:

I guess it depends what you're looking for... I have to say I pretty much disagree with each and every one of your points, but I'm glad there's at least one person enjoying the travesty Disney has become.

How can you disagree with facts tho? Like it or not they give HUGE exposure to their actors/actresses and that’s a good thing for new people in business that will help them further in their career. I guess some people are “too good” to come to terms that they are wrong that they completely lose their sense of objectivity.

MadreMonster
3 hours ago, elijahfan said:

I guess you could use the example of Robert Pattinson. Twilight is tragic cinema... however, since it was so successful it launched Robert’s career which lead him to get better roles in the future.

I think the original poster is simply saying that whether or not the movie is good is somewhat irrelevant, to be in a Disney movie is good for your resume 99% of the time simply for exposure.

Regina George
22 minutes ago, MadreMonster said:

I guess you could use the example of Robert Pattinson. Twilight is tragic cinema... however, since it was so successful it launched Robert’s career which lead him to get better roles in the future.

I think the original poster is simply saying that whether or not the movie is good is somewhat irrelevant, to be in a Disney movie is good for your resume 99% of the time simply for exposure.

Exactly my point! Thank you!

9 hours ago, KaGOATrl said:

The ones they kept the classic looks to a t (Cinderella, beauty and the beast) weren't that great. 

I actually liked beauty and the beast tho

elijahfan
7 hours ago, Regina George said:

How can you disagree with facts tho? Like it or not they give HUGE exposure to their actors/actresses and that’s a good thing for new people in business that will help them further in their career. I guess some people are “too good” to come to terms that they are wrong that they completely lose their sense of objectivity.

Can’t you come to terms with the fact success in life comes in many forms? Do you think Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake or Zac Efron were happy to be branded the « Disney kids » for decades in spite of the exposure and money it brought them? As a matter of fact, do you think Britney has been consistently happy through her life? I could also talk about Robert Pattinson or Daniel Radcliffe, now happier than ever doing indie films with no money after painstakingly trying to rid themselves from what first brought them to prominence.

So please, don’t talk to me about objectivity and work on welcoming other people’s points of view with kindness like your fave would want you to.

elijahfan
7 hours ago, MadreMonster said:

Funny you should bring up Robert Pattinson since I just mentioned him in another post. Actually, I’m seeing it in another way and remember how miserable he said he was making those Twilight films and how hard he had to work to rid himself from that image. Like I said, big opportunities are sometimes traps in disguise, and when you see the track record of former Disney child stars, I wouldn’t necessarily envy such an existence.

But of course it’s a matter of perspective, and we shouldn’t jump at each other’s throats for not seeing it in the same way. We’re here to discuss different ideas, that’s the whole point of a forum, and I’m seeing more and more people on here being shady, and dismissive of different opinions and flat-out disrespectful to the point where I’ve chosen to post less and less, and am even considering leaving the forum entirely to tell you the truth, but that’s another story.

Regina George
2 hours ago, elijahfan said:

Can’t you come to terms with the fact success in life comes in many forms? Do you think Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake or Zac Efron were happy to be branded the « Disney kids » for decades in spite of the exposure and money it brought them? As a matter of fact, do you think Britney has been consistently happy through her life? I could also talk about Robert Pattinson or Daniel Radcliffe, now happier than ever doing indie films with no money after painstakingly trying to rid themselves from what first brought them to prominence.

So please, don’t talk to me about objectivity and work on welcoming other people’s points of view with kindness like your fave would want you to.

What you wrote literally has nothing to do with what I wrote and what I meant but you do you...

elijahfan
10 minutes ago, Regina George said:

What you wrote literally has nothing to do with what I wrote and what I meant but you do you...

Then let's just say we misunderstood each other and leave it at that.

Archived