⚔️ CHROMATICA OUT NOW ⚔️

🎃 The October fan mail is here! 🎃
Sign in to follow this  
movie

Yara Shahidi To Play Tinkerbell In Disney’s Live-Action ‘Peter Pan’ Pic

Blue Lagoon

yara-shahidi-tinker-bell.jpg?w=681&h=383

Disney continues to make strides in diversifying its classic characters and is doing it once again as sources tell Deadline Yara Shahidi is set to play Tinkerbell in David Lowery’s Peter Pan and Wendy. This would mark the first time a person of color has filled the role that has traditionally featured a white actress and follows in the footsteps after Disney set Halle Bailey to play The Little Mermaid.

Shahidi joins Jude Law, who will play Captain Hook, as well as Alexander Molony and Ever Anderson, who will play the title characters. Lowery is on board to direct the project and also co-wrote the script with Toby Halbrooks. Jim Whitaker is producing.

Sources say the release is expected to be theatrical and not go the Disney+ streaming route.

https://deadline.com/2020/09/yara-shahidi-tinkerbell-peter-pan-and-wendy-movie-casting-1203011493/?fbclid=IwAR3wZi4DCzo2XWcgyqWhRGOKVjJLcwUBx5Vlwct9wsIyz1O74rfqejX1qGU

cue the little mermaid Halle Bailey haters :huntyga:

• YAAAS 2
  • Love 1

Pop Music

I love Peter Pan (not in my top 10 Disney movies but is def one of the greats) 

she looks gorgeous and i'm sure she is talented af so I am so ready to see this!

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Marina 💝Rina 💝Shania 💝Disney 💝Lush 💝Corey Fogelmanis

KanyeWest

At first I was a bit iffy with changing the whole looks of a cartoon character but I think it's good to diversify as long as it's not illogical to the character's background story

Kanye West Is Blonde And Gone
  • Like 2

ThisGuyTony

They can cast whoever they want as long as she delivers in the role. :vegas:

River

I think it was known already no? :oprah:

I'd rather be dead but I guess I'm alive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CautiousLurker

After Mulan how in the hell are they gonna pull of the native american angle in Peter Pan :wtfga:

Are they just gonna pretend it never happened? Actually I think that might be the best option for them :laughga:

this thread is now officially sexualized | he/him/huntim

Ricardo

feels like Peter Pan has been done so many times now, not excited about this one but good for her :vegas:

• Like 2

elijahfan

Who would even want to associate themselves with Disney live-action remakes at this point.....

• Like 1

Regina George
6 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Who would even want to associate themselves with Disney live-action remakes at this point.....

Every single live-action remake is HUGELY successful except for Mulan so I’d say a smart actors/actresses would associate themselves with it. 

OT not a big Peter Pan fan but I’ll be watching.. Interested to see this new take on it.. Good for her! 

Edited by Regina George

Aarghya
2 minutes ago, Regina George said:

Every single live-action remake is HUGELY successful except for Mulan so I’d say a smart actors/actresses would associate themselves with it. 

+ Dumbo. The movie deserved better! 

• Like 1

Regina George
Just now, Aarghya said:

+ Dumbo. The movie deserved better! 

Yes! I honestly loved it! They didn’t promote it as good as they did with others + Dumbo is not as popular as other Disney movies unfortunately 

• Like 1

QueenGaga

I feel like the role of tinkerbell suits a dumb blonde more 👱‍♀️. Yara is so wise and mature looking for the role but still excited for a POC tinkerbell

Kittery

She is so pretty:heart:

spread kindness🤍

skaxboy

I love Disney as a whole but these live action movies are never really that amazing. There’s usually something missing from them. I would really prefer them to not touch the classics and remake “Atlantis” and “Treasure Planet.” I personally would love to see “The Black Cauldron” done right and true to the original book series. 

• Like 1

elijahfan
1 hour ago, Regina George said:

OT not a big Peter Pan fan but I’ll be watching.. Interested to see this new take on it.. Good for her! 

Huge success doesn't mean good cinema.

golden globes chrissy teigan GIF

• LMAO 1