💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Voce Viva commercial ft Lady Gaga

KatieJudasGaga4

Featured Posts

HeavyMetalLover
Just now, M Monstre said:

When people criticize Replay, 911, Alice, Free Woman, Stupid Love, Babylon, 1000 Doves, Fun Tonight, and Plastic Doll, there are also many people to defend them. It's not just a SFA thing :sweat: 

Also, "slander" is used sort of in a hyperbolic way here, at least, that's how I use it.

There's a clear difference though - I get that SFA is a favorite, but let's not act like it's untouchable. It can handle a little shade being thrown at it. Some of the other songs you mention are bashed on a daily basis as if Gaga didn't put them on her own damn album. The double standards of it all.

i don't remember ARTPOP

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The mixture between raw and autotuned, between acoustic and edm-ish makes sense. 

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

Reality
4 minutes ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

There's a clear difference though - I get that SFA is a favorite, but let's not act like it's untouchable. It can handle a little shade being thrown at it. Some of the other songs you mention are bashed on a daily basis as if Gaga didn't put them on her own damn album. The double standards of it all.

I mean, songs like Replay and 911 have their haters, but they also have a ton of people defending them too. Same with Fun Tonight, 1000 Doves, and Plastic Doll. I'd argue that there are a lot more people who overtly defend those latter 3 songs as opposed to SFA.

🃏🖤👹

Franch Toast
48 minutes ago, Mister G said:

Love the full commercial! I love both versions of the song, but I can understand why some people prefer the commercial version. To be honest, the production of the album version took some time to grow on me, but now I can appreciate it. 

Anyway, as for the commercial, there's something so ethereal about it. I really love it. I'm not a perfume wearer (allergies), so it's not going to make me run out to buy an expensive perfume, but I think it's very tasteful and somehow fits both the Gaga's and Valentino's brands. And I want that dress. The pink on pink combo (light pink hair, pink dress) reminds me of her blue on blue Valentino Golden Globes look, which I also loved. 

She/Her/Hers

HeavyMetalLover
7 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I mean, songs like Replay and 911 have their haters, but they also have a ton of people defending them too. Same with Fun Tonight, 1000 Doves, and Plastic Doll. I'd argue that there are a lot more people who overtly defend those latter 3 songs as opposed to SFA.

That would be because you rarely see any SFA criticism or it's snuffed out immediately in an extremely reactive way. Fans of those other songs overtly defend them because it's become a pastime to sh*t on them. There's a consensus that those other songs are open to being bashed in a nonconstructive, toxic way, yet SFA is somehow untouchable - when I think, objectively, SFA should be open to critique the most.

i don't remember ARTPOP

Reality
Just now, HeavyMetalLover said:

That would be because you rarely see any SFA criticism or it's snuffed out immediately in an extremely reactive way. Fans of those other songs overly defend them because it's become a pastime to sh*t on them. There's a consensus that those other songs are open to being bashed in a nonconstructive, toxic way, yet SFA is somehow untouchable - when I think, objectively, SFA should be open the critique the most.

You can't say, "I think" and then "objectively" right afterwards. You thinking that SFA should be open to the most criticism is a subjective thought. 

🃏🖤👹

Mister G
2 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

Love the full commercial! I love both versions of the song, but I can understand why some people prefer the commercial version. To be honest, the production of the album version took some time to grow on me, but now I can appreciate it. 

Anyway, as for the commercial, there's something so ethereal about it. I really love it. I'm not a perfume wearer (allergies), so it's not going to make me run out to buy an expensive perfume, but I think it's very tasteful and somehow fits both the Gaga's and Valentino's brands. And I want that dress. The pink on pink combo (light pink hair, pink dress) reminds me of her blue on blue Valentino Golden Globes look, which I also loved. 

I love that she has some hints of strawberry blonde in her hair. For me I think it’s the simplistic approach, and the background vocals in the chorus. One of the things that gives me goosebumps in a good way musically is hearing like a choir (calling Babylon) and then hearing the additional vocals reminded of songs that move you like Tina Turner’s “We Don’t Need Another Hero.”

Queen Gloria

Wow, this version of SFA is so much better. I hate to say that it's my least favorite song on Chromatica because of the aggressive, cluttered production. 

HeavyMetalLover
Just now, M Monstre said:

You can't say, "I think" and then "objectively" right afterwards. You thinking that SFA should be open to the most criticism is a subjective thought. 

You do realize it's possible to be objective about a song, right? Like there are ways to do that? You can have objective thoughts and critiques? I'm not sure what your point is. And that's all you're going to respond with to what I said?

i don't remember ARTPOP

Rudz Xinc

Other vocals just ruined it for me. I know her reason, but ....

I'll stick to the original version. Thanks. :vegas:

Look at those clowns

Reality
5 minutes ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

You do realize it's possible to be objective about a song, right? Like there are ways to do that? You can have objective thoughts and critiques? I'm not sure what your point is. And that's all you're going to respond with to what I said?

You can't be objective about critiques though. Those are inherently subjective remarks. I could tell you that 911 sucks because of reasons 1, 2, and 3, and are you gonna tell me that that isn't my opinion, but a fact? I don't hate 911 btw, but you get my point. That's like saying a movie review is an objective critique. You can support your thoughts with objective ideas, but your critique about a song is subjective.

Also, SFA is just as "untouchable" as other songs. I literally don't understand what your point is. Take 911 for example. Sure, there are people who dislike the song, but the amount of "haters" for 911 is probably the same as SFA. Some of them are just more vocal about it. 

🃏🖤👹

Battle 4 Ur Life
44 minutes ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

I don't know, I thought they sounded great. :classy:

I might give it another chance but for me it’s like: we’re supposed to sing but we’re actually models, but we’re supposed to sing in this gig so...here it goes lol

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Archived