Watch the official commercial for Voce Viva

Sign in to follow this  
society

#RIPJKROWLING Trends On Twitter

Franz Ferdinand

The fact that she wrote a book about a crossdressing serial killer who kills women while in real life trans women are murdered left and right without impunity is truly disgusting. She is disgusting and needs to go. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 10

alsemanche
1 hour ago, JoeMo said:

It makes me so so sad. But at the end of the day she’s entitled to her own opinion, as much as I hate it. 

Transphobia isn't an opinion  :huntyga:

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 10

Shadow
Just now, MJHolland said:

Would love to see community moderators stand with the trans community in solidarity than whatever this is? 

People demanding equal rights and respect make them misguided Twitter SJWs now? They're "mobsters" now? 

Would love an explanation here. 

I was talking about Twitter mobs solely and just stating that boycotts are more effective in deterring commercial behavior.

Yes, I stand in solidarity with the trans community and meant no offense to that group that need support.

in bocca al lupo
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

MJHolland
Just now, Shadow said:

I was talking about Twitter mobs solely and just stating that boycotts are more effective in deterring commercial behavior.

Yes, I stand in solidarity with the trans community and meant no offense to that group that need support.

thank you for clarifying :heart:

with that said, a boycott is a great idea. not sure how effective it will be since she's using an alias to publish this book (probably because she knew there would be this kind of effort/backlash tbh) 

• Like 1

RahrahWitch

She's so disgusting. Pretty obvious this is in retaliation to being called out on being a transphobe.

Harry potter is an amazing franchise but ever since this started I can't and wont support it and I hope that enough people feel the same way to actually change anything.

She'll never give over the rights completely so I guess this is the end of the HP Universe for me.

Married the Night

Whyyyyyyyy

VOTE FOR BIDEN

Franz Ferdinand
1 minute ago, RahrahWitch said:

She's so disgusting. Pretty obvious this is in retaliation to being called out on being a transphobe.

Harry potter is an amazing franchise but ever since this started I can't and wont support it and I hope that enough people feel the same way to actually change anything.

She'll never give over the rights completely so I guess this is the end of the HP Universe for me.

Honestly, if you enjoy the HP universe but feel iffy about supporting JKR, fanfic is the way to go! She gets none of the pay and the universe is the same but better (and theres lpenty of trans-affirming fics!)

• Like 2

Gagaloo911

She's disgusting and deserves to fail and flop.

She's dead in my eyes.

• Like 1

GreenDiamond

epiccc most elaborate promo ever

MANiCURE 6
15 minutes ago, Red said:

I just gotta say that I fear for Fantastic Beasts 3.

Hide contents

Not that much tho cause Crimes of Grindewald was so mediocre that I'm not even sure if I wanna know how the story ends.

This.

I rewatched the first film the other day and felt asleep :ladyhaha:

Fantastic Beasts is not a bad movie but it's not great either, and it's kinda boring and repetitive. Expect Newt Scamander, I don't like the new characters. And Fantastic Beasts 2 is just a non-sense movie... I watched it maybe like 2-3 times but I don't like it at all. I only liked the story between Leta Lestrange and Newt cause it's cute. But the end is so meh and out of no-where :laughga:

So I'm not hyped at all for the third one and I won't pay to watch it.

Reginald

She truly has no shame in digging her own legacy's grave over this issue, how embarrassing. 

Heaven & Hell

Shadow
Just now, MJHolland said:

thank you for clarifying :heart:

with that said, a boycott is a great idea. not sure how effective it will be since she's using an alias to publish this book (probably because she knew there would be this kind of effort/backlash tbh) 

I think a boycott to all books or stories that depict trans people as villains starting with Rowling's book under whatever alias she's using would be impactful. If that book had dismal sales, it would send a message to her publishers or book retailers that she's bad for business or at least discourage future authors from acting like her. 

in bocca al lupo
  • Like 2

Cello

I can't with this woman. She's disgusting and batsh*t crazy at this point. 

• Like 1

Red
Just now, MANiCURE 6 said:

This.

I rewatched the first film the other day and felt asleep :ladyhaha:

Fantastic Beasts is not a bad movie but it's not great either, and it's kinda boring and repetitive. Expect Newt Scamander, I don't like the new characters. And Fantastic Beasts 2 is just a non-sense movie... I watched it maybe like 2-3 times but I don't like it at all. I only liked the story between Leta Lestrange and Newt cause it's cute. But the end is so meh and out of no-where :laughga:

So I'm not hyped at all for the third one and I won't pay to watch it.

I'm gonna rant with spoilers :bon: 

Spoiler

That movie is SO POORLY WRITTEN WTF. It's clear to me that the events of this movie were, prior to the turn of the trilogy into a five-movie series, meant to be what happened in the first act of the middle movie. The moviesis basically taking the charactes from point A (Newt and Tina away from each other, Jacob with amnesia, Queenie and Creedence on the good side) to point B (Newt, Tina and Jacob together and Queenie and Creedence on the bad side) but JK made it the worst way possible. Like really? Queenie joined forces with a muggle-hating man who promised she would be free to marry muggles? Grindewald taking out of his ass that Creedence is Dumbledore's brother??? And don't even get me started on Nagini. She made a whole deal about Nagini during promo and she literally does N-O-T-H-I-N-G. Like JK g0rllll.... :saladga:

says Campbell, chuckling.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1