Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
movie

'TENET' Film Discussion

Lampost

Featured Posts

TENET (2020)

wJ4s9FFL6FdxAoKixtr4FS-320-80.jpg

Armed with only one word, Tenet, and fighting for the survival of the entire world, a Protagonist journeys through a twilight world of international espionage on a mission that will unfold in something beyond real time.

Has anyone else seen this film? :wtfga:

thatfoxyfeeling

I went to see it last week (Australia had advanced screenings) it had some really stand out moments, but the storyline was a bit of a mess and wasn't in the same league as Inception. I loved the soundtrack though. 

ZiggyZiggs

watched this first day first show and understood absolutely nothing until i came back home and read the plot lol

Bradley

Almost every single person I talked to said the plot is very complicated, which is worrying for me.

Can anyone shed light on this? I understood Inception just fine after doing some homework.

Damon

i'm excited since nolan directed it! im a big fan of his work

also travis scott made a song for the movie

... and now i just sit in silence.

Bolkins

I haven’t seen it yet but I’m planning to, I don’t think I’ve seen a Christopher Nolan film I haven’t liked. 

Not the bore worms!

22 hours ago, Bradley said:

Almost every single person I talked to said the plot is very complicated, which is worrying for me.

Can anyone shed light on this? I understood Inception just fine after doing some homework.

It's definitely more complicated than Inception, that film at least explains everything clearly. This one tries to, but between the bad sound mixing/characters lack of knowledge, it can be a bit hard to keep up. 

The concept and story is still amazing though, there's some crazy stuff that happens.

homomo

Watched it last night.

Interstellar is my favourite film of all time, so I had high expectations for Tenet (also because Nolan never ceases to disappoint with his work)

And no, I was not disappointed at all. I do understand how people can get lost, because the story is very complex and does switch around a lot. But I feel as long as you understand the gist of how time works in the film, the rest will follow suit

Bradley
58 minutes ago, Lampost said:

It's definitely more complicated than Inception, that film at least explains everything clearly. This one tries to, but between the bad sound mixing/characters lack of knowledge, it can be a bit hard to keep up. 

The concept and story is still amazing though, there's some crazy stuff that happens.

What about between Interstellar and this? There were quite a number of technical and scientific aspects in Interstellar that could be quite abstract for audiences as well. Would you say Tenet is even more difficult to grasp?

2 hours ago, Bradley said:

What about between Interstellar and this? There were quite a number of technical and scientific aspects in Interstellar that could be quite abstract for audiences as well. Would you say Tenet is even more difficult to grasp?

I thought  Interstellar was a breeze compared to this. They clearly establish what each character wants, so you're just trying to keep up with how all the technical stuff works.

Tenet is different because you're trying to understand the mechanics of 'spoiler', as well as understand each characters intentions, as well as also just trying to understand what is happening in some scenes. 

That's my opinion anyway. The fact that the sound mixing in a couple of scenes is a bit 'off' makes it hard to understand what some characters are even talking about too.

Archived