💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Watch: An interview with the audio mixer for the Monster Ball Tour DVD

ARTBOP

Featured Posts

Ok so he's the one who ruined the audio. Mhm.

We must have listened to 2 different concerts, because I think the audio is epic on the DVD.

I'm not happy with the audio either. The drums are mixed too dry so they have no weight and the snares are mixed really loud, Which sounds really messed up on Born This Way. Also Bad Romance is really ****ed up, the synth bass is way too loud while everything is mixed too low, so all you hear is bass which deflates the chorus, the volume drops for the chorus, it removes the "epic".

I made a comparison track for JD and BR. The first example is HBO and the 2nd a remastered bootleg. In Just Dance listen for the snare and toms, the snare is REALLY loud while the toms are mixed extremely dry so they have no oomf. In Bad Romance, it's pretty obvious with the synth bass.

http://soundcloud.com/xjustebx/o_o

Also on most songs, the synth, guitar, and violin, are mixed too low. It really sucks on Alejandro cause you can only really hear the violin once, but when I saw her live the violin was clear and distinguishable throughout. Also the start of some songs are for some reason, quieter i.e. Glitter and Grease, Alejando and BDR, the starts were punchy and loud live but they're quieter and softer on the HBO mix. I think there's too much compression, once the songs kick in, they don't have the volume increase, it sounds flat.

I'm just not happy with his work, I'm not sure if he ever saw the actual show live because he didn't seem to mix it to how it sounded to US in the crowd experiencing it(The bootlegs are good examples of how the show sounds from the crowd's perspective).

Ok so he's the one who ruined the audio. Mhm.

I read this post, and without even looking at your avatar/username, I knew it'd be you saying this. :P

Save-Me-Oprah

For Gaga's next tour broadcast/recording, she def. needs to hire whoever did the mixing Taylor Swift's Speak Now DVD.

The audio is flawless - perfect mix of vocals, guitar, bass, crisp drums and cymbals... PLUS, you can hear the crowd singing along with her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq6rzbmeEjs

Archived