RedOne sold his whole catalogue to investment compagny

monketsharona

Featured Posts

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monketsharona
1 minute ago, Hebi said:

In the case Frankensteined leaks, could Gaga release it officially?

I highly doubt, unless she has plans for that music in the future. 

Though I always found weird she never registered those songs made with him in 2015. 

dynamite
3 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

“including the #1 Bad Romance” :messga:

It was #1 in most countries including the UK where this acquisition company is :lolly:

RudraCNG

But Gaga's songs are not of his property, am I wrong? I mean, he certainly couldn't sell Bad Romance. I don't know about her unreleased stuff, tho. I'm still mad she's never going to release those songs :saladga:

monketsharona

They also bought catalogues from Timbaland, Dave Stewart, Jack Antonoff and Jeff Bhasker

LG7 time now
1 minute ago, dynamite said:

It was (rightfully) #1 in most countries including the UK where this acquisition company is :lolly:

Alejandro was #1 in some countries too, yet they called it “the #5 Alejandro” in the very same sentence:fatcat:

Reginald

I-- :deadbanana: What!?

If I owned the rights to legendary songs that will be remembered for decades, there's no way in Hell I would sell them. 

That's your legacy, Nadir! :grr:

30 years from now we'll be on GGD (:toofunny:) reading interviews with RedOne saying he wished he hadn't sold his rights to these songs. Bookmark me. 

dynamite
1 minute ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

Alejandro was #1 in some countries too, yet they called it “the #5 Alejandro” in the very same sentence:fatcat:

Oh weird, if they were going by UK figures then it should be #7 :laughga:

monketsharona
2 minutes ago, Reginald said:

I-- :deadbanana: What!?

If I owned the rights to legendary songs that will be remembered for decades, there's no way in Hell I would sell them. 

That's your legacy, Nadir! :grr:

30 years from now we'll be on GGD (:toofunny:) reading interviews with RedOne saying he wished he hadn't sold his rights to these songs. Bookmark me. 

It's an investment compagny, so basically he'll get still in money from his work through that compagny. If I'm not wrong, RedOne recently said he'll be retiring in a couple of year. So that decision could be a way for him to protect his legacy (for him, his familly and kids).

Most of hitmakers are selling the right of their songs to those compagnies. 

MANiCURE 6
7 minutes ago, RudraCNG said:

But Gaga's songs are not of his property, am I wrong? I mean, he certainly couldn't sell Bad Romance. I don't know about her unreleased stuff, tho. I'm still mad she's never going to release those songs :saladga:

He sold his parts I guess ?

Like idk 25% of Bad Romance recipes ?

Archived