💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Edge Of Glory

moonsago

Featured Posts

JustJames
1 minute ago, Sofianer said:

How in the **** did it not get nominated for SOTY and ROTY?

1 of the many mistakes made by her team that I'll never understand, let alone accept.

Her team submitted "Judas" to ROTY and "You & I" to SOTY + Best Pop Solo Perf. for reasons never explained. Her only noms were AOTY + Best Pop Vocal Album (BTW) + Best Pop Solo Perf. ("You & I"). Some have said the Adele sweep was inevitable, and losing 5+ awards would've been embarrassing, but who works to be among 1 of 5 artists recognized in a field, only to self-sabotage out of fear?

BTW (era) deserved more recognition. BTW (song) was a culturally significant anthem of empowerment that dominated news and music upon release, and EOG was a sign of her power debuting #3 as a promo / digital single before slaying the Top 10 all summer. Y&I should've been released after the deadline (Oct 1) to close (& be submitted the following year) or remixed as a duet to compete in the Pop Duo category IMO.

At worst, she'd have gotten ROTY/SOTY noms for 2 of her 1st 3 albums, and her career totals would be 4 (SOTY) and 3 (ROTY) now. I also think that, given what a force Born This Way was as an era in 2011, that she'd have been given at least 1 award as has been done several times to artists who were "runner-up."

I think Edge of Glory vs. Someone Like You could've been a Truth Hurts vs. Bad Guy situation in Best Pop Solo; or, Born This Way in SOTY for its message.
AOTY: Born This Way (nominated; no win)
ROTY: Edge of Glory (not submitted; 20% chance of a win)
SOTY: Born This Way (not submitted; 25-50% chance of a win)
BPSP: Edge of Glory (not submitted; 50% chance of a win)

ToxicHot

Ugh. It’s so sad! That song DESERVES so many Grammys!!!!! It should’ve at least been NOMINATED. Especially over YoĂŒ and I.

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Archived