Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Born This Way is ahead of its time

kaelergrey

Featured Posts

BloodyM
35 minutes ago, KevinWright said:

Only 'The Fame' sounds dated.

'The Fame Monster' is like a classic pop album. Still perfection to my ears :staymad:

All the other albums are not dated at all. Especially 'Born This Way' and 'ARTPOP', both of them were ahead of their time.

I can't agree more! That's why I feel that with Chromatica they want a step back and not a step forward. 

hausoffame

BTW is such a crazy, musical hybrid that definitely still works today. That album was soooooo huge! Government Hooker still gets me to this day:pawsup:

Ziggy
16 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Lots of straights, lots of rock dudes and music critics keep telling me that Born This Way will be viewed better in the future than currently. Gagz was right about her “I didn’t say which decade” remark. It was totally a step in the wrong direction at the time (she went full 70s-80s stadium rock at a time when EDM was exploding) but for that same reason it keeps sounding better and better with each further listen, while most of 2011 music sounds so trapped in a time capsule.

It’s funny in a way because even the most “in-line” song with the times, Scheiße, is still more house and techno so not quite the direction either. She really truly did make the album she wanted to lol

Hyperballad

My favorite thing about BTW was how well and cohesively it all meshed together :golfclap: 

Like... if you were to tell me before that the next Gaga album would include stadium rock anthems, a techno-mariachi gay BOP, and a eurodance rave feminist anthem with fake German lyrics I would’ve said “what the F*CK” :air::air::air:

Mr Oak

why do people(& Gaga) say that  ARTPOP was ahead of its time? I'm not joking, I'd like to know :oprah:

hausoffame
1 hour ago, NoahSuns said:

why do people(& Gaga) say that  ARTPOP was ahead of its time? I'm not joking, I'd like to know :oprah:

I have to agree with you.  The only tracks I can get into are Venus, G.U.Y. , Sexx Dreams and ARTPOP. I don't think it aged well, but I'm glad a lot of people can appreciate it. 

I think BTW was a concept album that Gaga skillfully managed to make it have commercial appeal. It is abstract and genuis with it translation to pop. It went above the casual listiners head. 

ristretto

Ok so, just because music is good doesn't mean it's ahead of it's time. That statement is pointed towards people saying TFM doesn't sound dated. I love TFM, prob her second best album to me after BTW, but it truly is dated. That doesn't mean it's bad or anything of the sort, but you can hear the era through the music... BTW on the other hand was ahead of it's time, and some tracks do sound a bit odd today now that pop music has gone through a more hyper-realistic and percussive route whilst BTW is very robust and analog in a way but it was truly SOMETHING ELSE in 2011.

Salvador Sequea

Born This Way is my favorite album from hers, but I will say that ARTPOP sound less dated that BTW, in my opinion.

To me, songs like Americano, Hair, Bad Kids, Fashion Of His Love and The Queen aged like milk.

But songs like Born This Way, Government Hooker, Bloody Mary, Highway Unicorn, Heavy Metal Lover, YoĂŒ And I and The Edge Of Glory, do sound timeless :firega:

Archived