Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Free Woman What happened?

CookieHWilson

Featured Posts

ladygaga1984

You must be kidding. The demo was a hot mess. The album version has polished the song and made it sound sooooo much better. It is due to become one of Gaga’s most memorable and iconic songs. The production is crisp and great. 

I think this is what happens when you listen to a leak non stop. You become so used to the sound of a song, that when the final version comes out your brain just can’t connect with the new version the same way. This happened to me with a Madonna leak that I listened non stop and when the final version came out I just couldn’t make myself to like it. So key lesson for you is - don’t listen to leaks non-stop in the future. 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Godmatica

100% agree. The melody sounds very generic and basic. It feels like I've heard it 100 times before in other songs... :noparty:

A R T P O P

The demo didn't really do it for me. It sounded discordant and unfinished. 

The final version fits with the rest of the album so much better tbh

Reality
4 minutes ago, catsandlabneh said:

I replaced the album version with the demo tbh. The album version really doesn't make sense to me at all with the lyrical content. 

The lyrics are the exact same....what are you talking about?

She only cut out one line from the demo. Other than that, they’re the exact same.

🃏🖤👹

thatfoxyfeeling

I like both versions, album version is just more coherent. 

Dayman
1 minute ago, ladygaga1984 said:

You must be kidding. The demo was a hot mess. The album version has polished the song and made it sound sooooo much better. It is due to become one of Gaga’s most memorable and iconic songs. The production is crisp and great. 

I think this is what happens when you listen to a leak non stop. You become so used to the sound of a song, that when the final version comes out your brain just can’t connect with the new version the same way. This happened to me with a Madonna leak that I listened non stop and when the final version came out I just couldn’t make myself to like it. So lessons for you is - don’t listen to leaks non-stop in the future. 

It's one of her most bland songs on this album and over all - I wouldn't go that far. Demo or final there's nothing about the production that is all that memorable. I do agree the final version has more focus - but they are both messes. The final has production that uses that awful synth so prominently in the first half of the song and makes it sound like a very amateur FL studio production. Then on the other hand you have much more stripped production in the demo with a less bright sound sounding instrumental - but you also have the lack of focus in its structure. They're both just "meh" for her standard and compared to everything else on the album.

i honestly kinda forgot how the leaked version of free woman sounds. so im okay with the album version. but if we're talking about babylon however..... 

Agunimon

I don’t understand the obsession for the Free Woman demo some of you guys have. 🤷‍♂️

Bloody Matt

The only aspect the demo prevails the final in is the “Be free free free” bridge. Keeping that could have elevated the final version even more, but overall the final is still better to me. 

Magui

Guess it depends on people's taste. I listen the album version and since many were talking about the demo, I decided to listen it too... I personally like the official version more. 

alsemanche
5 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

The lyrics are the exact same....what are you talking about?

She only cut out one line from the demo. Other than that, they’re the exact same.

I meant the productions doesn't fit the lyrical content on the album. The demo's production makes it much more powerful. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

ladygaga1984
4 minutes ago, Dayman said:

It's one of her most bland songs on this album and over all - I wouldn't go that far. Demo or final there's nothing about the production that is all that memorable. I do agree the final version has more focus - but they are both messes. The final has production that uses that awful synth so prominently in the first half of the song and makes it sound like a very amateur FL studio production. Then on the other hand you have much more stripped production in the demo with a less bright sound sounding instrumental - but you also have the lack of focus in its structure. They're both just "meh" for her standard and compared to everything else on the album.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this. My kids, my friends and my whole family absolutely love Free Woman. I think it could be a huge hit for Gaga.

Archived