โ›ˆ RAIN ON ME OUT NOW โ›ˆ

Sign in to follow this  
opinion

Free Woman What happened?

CookieHWilson

I was soooooo in love with the 3:41 demo from FW. It needed some cut especially the bridge *i want you to be be free free*, but the song as it was was great.

now the official version has that ****ing horrible dance break instead of the first chorus. Production feels lazy and empty.

that song was ruined for me

i still prefer the demo. That had such a power

Insta: pierfedericomiozzo
  • Like 40
  • LMAO 1
  • Love 2
  • Shook 2
  • Sad 10
  • Thanks 12

funkyhaus

Same, Iโ€™m replacing the official one with the demoย :triggered:

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

andrew23

It was the worst part of the demo sisย :triggered:

• Like 9
  • YAAAS 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 16

KatieJudasGaga4
Posted (edited)

I disliked the demo, but loved the final version, so for me, its an improvement

Edited by KatieJudasGaga4
My Holy Trinity: Lady Gaga, Imagine Dragons, Mariah Carey
  • Like 33
  • YAAAS 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 6

Enceladus

Stop listening to leaks. Then you dontย ruin the final experienceย :oops:

• Like 53
  • LMAO 6
  • YAAAS 7
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 42

DarkGa

3.18 onwards in the demo alone ->>>

I also replaced it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Warhol Killer

The only thing I disliked about the demo was the repetitive part in the end. I still prefer the official one.

No one thing is greater than another.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

youandi

I didn't love the bridge of the demo but I loved the 90s feel of it! If someone made a more official sounding remix of the demo or finds a way to mix the demo and the new, sans that meh beat drop, I'm sure it'd be the best of the threeย 

• Like 6

GC1234

Free woman is probably the only song I donโ€™t love like the others, kinda my fault for listening to the demo tho tbh! I think if they just put the chorus insteadย the dance break in the middle and then the more stripped down version for the end it wouldโ€™ve been really great, but oh well! Sheโ€™s still a cute bop tho, just a shame the others are absolute BANGERSย hahaย :hor:

Get that fire exit door, Iโ€™m off...
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

Dayman
1 minute ago, Enceladus said:

Stop listening to leaks. Then you dontย ruin the final experienceย :oops:

ย ย  The demo is leaked and could be listened to after release and a lot of people will have the same opinion despite hearing it after. The song has noticeable differences and an entirely different mood - they can have an opinion on the two different versions without you being rude to them.

ย  As for OP. I think the final version is more focused. The demo feels like it switches after that second verse to a different song almost. I do agree the bridge would have been nice to keep and the keyย  of the original instrumental + production sounded more interesting as opposed to the brightness and almost typical sound of the album version. Perhaps we will get an alternate production take eventually released.

ย 

• Like 10

M Monstre

While I think the demo is really good, the only reason why a lot of people here donโ€™t like the new version of FW is because they have the demo to compare it to.

If you only got the final version, and never listened to the demo, youโ€™d realize that the song isnโ€™t as bad as some of yโ€™all make it out to be.ย 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 12

Creyk

I don't get these comparisons, to me the album version is so much better.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

dynamite

I listened to the album version first, then the demo. I prefer the album version. It seems to be a running theme if you hear the demos first.

Love it when you give me shade in the morning call me neyde
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

alsemanche

I replaced the album version with the demo tbh. The album version really doesn't make sense to me at all with the lyrical content.ย 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

Athul

I LOVE the album version but I miss the bridge on the demo plus I dislike the drop after the first chorus. I love the ending of the final product a lot more than the demo. The way the incorporated the "I'M A FREE WOMAN" belting into the chorus is amazing imo compared to the demo where both was separate.