šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Free Woman What happened?

CookieHWilson

Featured Posts

Venus Warhol

I didnā€™t listened to the demo leak before the album was released and now when I have listened to the official one many times and went to youtube to compare the demo version to see what the fuss was all about I canā€™t understand how some can prefer the demoĀ :cryga:

like someone else said.. I think the reason why people like the demo more is because they listened to it first and became used to it. Just like I did with the official. With that said.. the official sounds more finished, clear and not all over the place.

Ā 

great song!!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tom Bradley

I honestly think that Free Woman is one of Gagaā€™s worst songsĀ :cryga:Ā that generic dance break that weā€™ve heard from Jess Glynne 100 times before is just awful. The break is so awfully generic and sounds like TV advert music lmao. The verses are killer and the song could have been incredible, itā€™s just a shame they watered it down so much for the final versionĀ :sis:

Reality
Just now, catsandlabneh said:

I meant the productions doesn't fit the lyrical content on the album. The demo's production makes it much more powerful.Ā 

I think that the demo was just more attuned to the 90s house influences. I wouldnā€™t necessarily say that theyā€™re more powerful.Ā 

šŸƒšŸ–¤šŸ‘¹

Venus Warhol

One of the best parts in the official one isnā€™t in the demo either..Ā 

We own the downtown, HEAR OUR SOUND!!!Ā :pawsup:

I think they're both great in their own right. I didn't listen to the FW demo before so I guess I'm more *open* to both versions. I prefer the prechorus production in the album version and the free free free part in the demo. Either way it's top 3 for me!

Gerrard174

Demo has some highlights which is absent from officia

1) electric devotion

2) bridge (repeating chorus 2x near end is repeatitive without a bridge to separate them)

Other than that, the official version >>

Ā 

MelbHawker

The Demo Version is more to my liking than the Album Version. I prefer the slow, pulsating disco beat in the Demo to the direction they took with the song in the end. I donā€™t like what they did to her vocal in the Album Version either. FW is in my bottom 3 songs in Chromatica..Ā 

Roboboy

the final version has good vocal production and it sounds slick and smooth - so I like it more. I don't think any of us are in any position to judge a song based on it's demo versions which there are many of and we weren't even supposed to hear

I think there are good things and bad things about both of them.

Demo: I like the beat but itā€™s very one-tone, itā€™s basically the same beat throughout the whole song. The original version is more dynamic and diverse. I LOVE the bridge.

Original: I like the piano on the first chorus. I like that in the last chorus the ā€œIā€™m a free womaaaaanā€ interpolates with the chorus.Ā I HATE the break after the first chorus. Sounds like royalty free music on those rupaul elimination order vĆ­deos on YouTubeĀ :ladyhaha:

MingersPrayer

This is the first time I'm looking for demos - is this the Free Woman demo you're all talking about?

Ā 

I love Free Woman on the LP but I have to say, this 90s production is fire. Love it. It has a Vogue quality to it so I can imagine that may have been a discussion - esp due to Babylon sound.

BUUUT I wonder if she would plan to release this version as a single. That would be a way to keep interest in the project - in 6 months if she dropped a this as a single mix?!

Ā 

Stefanotta

Demo - 80s party bass

original - feels like a remix not the original song despite of hearing the demo first

The original feels like Armin van Buuren song.

biggest dissapointment from the Cromatica universe

'Cause we are all our hair...

Bloody hooker

Same, but the bridge is good. I donā€™t get why everyone says that the end in the demo is repetitive. She does the same thing in the final version, but covers it by singing Ā ā€œIā€™m not nothing...ā€.

This fan base at some point has always preferred a demo to the final. Most notability ARTPOP (song), Sexxx Dreams, and Manicure. This isnā€™t something new.

Thisļ»æ mutual gaze was a ā€œlonging to touchā€ or a "pre-coitus" stare.ļ»æ

GagaSkeletonWay

I'm definitely replacing itĀ 

So unfair that what could've been one of my faves turned out to be the most basic on the album.

The verses flow better in the new version imo but everything else is just bad, especially that first, empty and boring drop.

Ā 

C1trus

Can't relate. I didn't (and won't I hope)Ā  listen to the demo version.Ā :vegas:

Ī¹'Š¼ ĻĻ…ā„“ā„“Ī¹Ī·g ŅÆĻƒĻ…я sтяĪ¹Ī·gs

Archived