⛈ RAIN ON ME OUT NOW ⛈

Sign in to follow this  
science

Great Danes provide new clues about fear and anxiety

FfFfFfFF

ba329.jpg

A recent study on Great Danes has revealed new clues about the genetic causes of fear. The findings suggest that fear-related mechanisms are present in genes associated with anxiety and brain development.

The Great Dane is one of the largest dog breeds in the world. These animals are incredibly loyal and friendly, but they also have a tendency to experience separation anxiety and fear.

harlequin-great-dane-jai-johnson.jpg

“Although no actual risk variant was identified, the genomic region itself is interesting, as it contains a number of genes previously associated in various study models with neural development and function, as well as anxiety,” said Professor Lohi.

In humans, the genes that correspond with those found to promote fear in dogs are linked to a rare syndrome. The condition causes neurological symptoms and accelerated growth in childhood.

“Research on the topic is only at the early stages and findings have to be carefully interpreted, but it’s interesting to note, when focusing on a particularly large dog breed, that the genomic region associated with fearfulness appears to have a neurological role as well as one related to growth,” said Dr. Sarviaho.

https://www.earth.com/news/great-danes-provide-new-clues-about-fear-and-anxiety/

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1

TimisaMonster

The more anxious and fearful you are...the larger you grow? :what:

• Like 1

KaGOATrl
35 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

Long boys need love

KORG
37 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said: