Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
funny

Iranian Chromatica, ROM covers

Sir

Featured Posts

HEARTSTOP
2 hours ago, Sherry1411 said:

Well I know hundreds of muslim women who are happy to follow the religion and every religion has followers that chose not to be one. It's clear where this is coming from

Not sure what you mean by this.

If it's directed at me, I can very easily turn it onto you, just using this statement alone. If not, I apologize.

I also said I would fully support anyone who truly wants to follow their religion because of their own choice. So your statement isn't really contradicting mine.

I had this Iranian female colleague that used to work with me in the genetics laboratory. They were pretty long boring days and we were there alone, so we got very close. She really seemed happy following the muslim teachings, always using her hijab, practice fasting during Ramadan, not drinking alcohol, going to clubs alone, or going to work on Fridays or past sunset.

Then I would ask her more about her culture and what she wanted to do after this internship. She really wanted to be a boss ass bitch in the university she came from (Tehran), but she said she would never break these muslim rules BECAUSE they would investigate her stay in Europe and totally discredit her if they found out she wasn't wearing a hijab, or that she was dating.

So yes, she "had a choice" of practicing her religion, but she was mostly conditioned to it. It is hard enough being credited as a woman in science, I can only imagine how much harder it is in such a misogynistic society. But on top of that, there's the pressure to follow their religious views if you want to have a career at all, and this is for a scientific field! I don't think that kind of conditioning represents free choice of religion at all. 

IDGAF

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sherry
40 minutes ago, HEARTSTOP said:

Not sure what you mean by this.

If it's directed at me, I can very easily turn it onto you, just using this statement alone. If not, I apologize.

I also said I would fully support anyone who truly wants to follow their religion because of their own choice. So your statement isn't really contradicting mine.

I had this Iranian female colleague that used to work with me in the genetics laboratory. They were pretty long boring days and we were there alone, so we got very close. She really seemed happy following the muslim teachings, always using her hijab, practice fasting during Ramadan, not drinking alcohol, going to clubs alone, or going to work on Fridays or past sunset.

Then I would ask her more about her culture and what she wanted to do after this internship. She really wanted to be a boss ass bitch in the university she came from (Tehran), but she said she would never break these muslim rules BECAUSE they would investigate her stay in Europe and totally discredit her if they found out she wasn't wearing a hijab, or that she was dating.

So yes, she "had a choice" of practicing her religion, but she was mostly conditioned to it. It is hard enough being credited as a woman in science, I can only imagine how much harder it is in such a misogynistic society. But on top of that, there's the pressure to follow their religious views if you want to have a career at all, and this is for a scientific field! I don't think that kind of conditioning represents free choice of religion at all. 

It wasn't directed at you. And yes she's right that people may judge her because as I've told you already muslims are conservative. So there's that

Love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs 🥚

Archived