đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Kindness Punk going to be an actual punk movement?

Seeka

Featured Posts

Seeka

With the release and promotion of Chromatica, is Gaga starting a new punk aesthetic/movement?

In this time where people have grown numb and apathetic, and fascism and Nazism disguises itself under the alias of being alt-right, is Gaga starting a punk movement of being kind?

This is just an idea is all. But Gaga is setting down aesthetics and ideas. 

Aesthetics: bright neon and/or pastel clothes, offset with black. Latex and leather being the usual fabrics. 

Ideals:

Everyone is equal, being no greater than one another.

Kindness rules over all. 

One must love oneself in order to heal (something I've inferred)

There may be other ideals I missed. But I'm feeling some Marxism, Gnosticism, and a lot of other things. Probably some Japanese spirituality in there as well. 

So do you guys think, with Gaga's large fandom, and her influence on pop culture, she may intentionally or unintentionally start a punk movement?

For those who need to know their punks:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PunkPunk

The aesthetics and ideals seem to be a mix of cyberpunk, desertpunk, and solarpunk. 

Galactic Mess

Probably not. I mean, everyone knows it's almost always better to be kind and understanding. Most people just choose not to act on it. I don't think a singer has the power to change that attitude.

AlexanderMagno

To be fair, nothing about Chromatica is about "being kind" :sweat: the whole "Chromatica world" concept has no translation to the album itself. 

But no, despite her success I don't think Gaga nowadays has the impact to be that influential politically and socially. Plus, the aesthetics are too "strange" again to be replicated by the public. 

Archived