💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

How does Chromatica sound so similar?

Pray4FameGa

Featured Posts

Pray4FameGa

This year we have had Future Nostalgia and After Hours. Listening to Chromatica, I can't help but notice the similarities and it is crazy.

Dua's Hallucinate sounds so much like Enigma and Replay, while Gaga's use of the sax in the album, like on Babylon, is similar to In Your Eyes, and also the drum n bass outro on Sine from above is a lot like Hardest To Love. Is this all a coincidence, or did these albums influence Gaga a bit to make some last minute edits?

I remember when FN came out and some critic said Dua had found the sound Gaga had always wanted - sounds like she found it before they wrote that. :ladyhaha: She rocks it wayyy better than Dua though. Her dance tracks feel more mature and alive than Dua's. There's something about Dua's energy which feels off to me, even when the songs and production all work there's a missing piece in the performance and energy. For example, imagine Gaga recording Hallucinate or Physical. :bradley:

I really love that Gaga has added this album to her canon, we've always wanted this. This new sound of hers, disco house, with a lot of spoken word, is IT. I want her to elaborate on it and create longer, more lavish, dance tracks, even if they are standalone.

I think so far for AOTY at the Grammys it is Gaga vs The Weeknd, but I'm not sure Chromatica, though I love it, is enough to take on After Hours. The Weeknd really really went off this year, that album and standout single are just classic smashes and pop magic. Not to mention In Your Eyes is likely gonna smash as well. He really became an icon.

A R T P O P

It's an album full of nostalgic late 80s/90s-inspired bops produced by some of the best talent in the industry. 

It sounds familiar because the style is timeless.

steven

I have to disagree, I mean Dua Lipa gave us one of the greatest pop albums of the last 5 years. FN sounds nothing but fresh, innovative and modern. Meanwhile, Chromatica feels a lot weaker and basic and doesn't bring anything new to the table except for being a throwback to her electronic/pop roots.

Luke78619

I 100% agree with the Hallucinate similarities, I heard it straight away when listening to one of the tracks (I can’t remember which, I haven’t had the chance to play the album endlessly yet :poot:

i assume like suggested above it sounds similar because it’s using an already established sound often 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

A R T P O P
5 minutes ago, Steven said:

Chromatica feels a lot weaker and basic and doesn't bring anything new to the table except for being a throwback to her electronic/pop roots.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion :triggered: but really nothing on Chromatica sounds like The Fame, really. 

I don't really hear the similarities, but I do agree with this statement somewhat:

Both albums borrow heavily from the current surge in popularity of the "Future Funk" genre: I was thinking that the success of Dua's album might of inspired the changes we hear in the FW and ROM demos - both which have a harder classic piano house sound. The changes were most likely to keep up with trends. :saladga:

johnmonster

I mean A LOT of music feels that way when you listen to an album in one sitting. I will say ARTPOP and JOANNE did this to me as well in the beginning. It's just a lot for our minds to handle I think. 

It might also have to do with it all being the same producer as well (BloodPop). It's a similar sound and similar vision. 

Just enjoy the ride while it's still new! :pawsup:

hhennywise
35 minutes ago, Steven said:

I have to disagree, I mean Dua Lipa gave us one of the greatest pop albums of the last 5 years. FN sounds nothing but fresh, innovative and modern. Meanwhile, Chromatica feels a lot weaker and basic and doesn't bring anything new to the table except for being a throwback to her electronic/pop roots.

Is it crack?

Guest Adarsh
38 minutes ago, Steven said:

Hahahahahahahahaha

HEARTSTOP
42 minutes ago, Luke78619 said:

I 100% agree with the Hallucinate similarities, I heard it straight away when listening to one of the tracks (I can’t remember which, I haven’t had the chance to play the album endlessly yet :poot:

i assume like suggested above it sounds similar because it’s using an already established sound often 

I honestly can't see the similiarities with Hallucinate, besides the source era of inspiration. What I see is Gaga using the melody she created for an underrated episode of the Simpsons and perfecting it to fit the album theme.

IDGAF

C1trus
1 hour ago, Steven said:

FN sounds nothing but fresh, innovative and modern. Meanwhile, Chromatica feels a lot weaker and basic and doesn't bring anything new to the table except for being a throwback to her electronic/pop roots.

No offense but sonically, FN is literally 80s songs sang by a modern artist. What's innovative about that? 

In my opinion, Chromatica is innovative because the songs have unusual patterns of verses, chorus, etc but still very pop. It also introduced a new way to produce pop songs that are easily digestible for streaming platforms without sacrificing their quality.

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

kevinteriors
4 minutes ago, T3rrorBlade said:

No offense but sonically, FN is literally 80s songs sang by a modern artist. What's innovative about that? 

Chromatica is innovative because the songs have unusual patterns of verses, chorus, etc but still very pop. It also introduced a new way to produce pop songs that are easily digestible for streaming platforms without sacrificing their quality.

Yeah I have to agree. FN is the perfect album for now but longevity.... I don't know her. 

Chromatica on the other hand breaks what a typical song needs to consist of and the structure of the music. It also seems to have multiple inspirations and influences, where Future Nostalgia is literally just that. Pop music that will fade into the past. Not that it's not a great record, I just am interested to see how it holds up. Also have to agree Dua's energy feels like it is a little flat on the album, almost like she's just on the album rather than a part of the album

Side note: Chromatica is the album Britney always needed/wanted to do (In terms of putting herself into the music) Thoughts?

Archived