⛈ RAIN ON ME OUT NOW ⛈

Sign in to follow this  
science

Heat Wave Hits Arctic Circle 30C (86F)

Economy

It's supposed to be 31C in Toronto tomorrow and 39C with humidity (102F)

Well I'm gonna die at work. I expect u all to attend my funeral via zoom :neyde:

• Sad 1

Judas Society

I wonder how the world would be in 30 yrs. Will there be any more snow in places people live. Or will people be increasingly moving to places that is liveable.

xoxo Craig

Thats warmer than here in Scotland :air:

End Racism Now

homomo

Going up to mid 20’s here on the west coast of Ireland this week. Rarely reaches these temperatures here, even in the peak of Summer.

Bon Gonzalez

It's over for all of us. At least we'll get to hear Chromatica before the end. :pray:

Economy
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Judas Society said:

I wonder how the world would be in 30 yrs. Will there be any more snow in places people live. Or will people be increasingly moving to places that is liveable.

Well earth would have to warm up A LOT for snow to stop existing

Even with the poles warming up twice as fast as rest of earth in winter they are dozens of degrees below freezing and all this global warming so far has only been like 1.5C

Snow isn't gonna stop existing anytime soon

But sea levels rising cuz of ice sheets shrinking, that's another story... Worse, the North Pole and artic circle is releasing a lot of methane in the warmer months now because frozen ground thawing for first time in thousands of years is releasing all that trapped gas

There's parts in northern Canada than in later spring/summer u can dig a hole and light fire to the ground cuz of the methane being released

This one is actually a lake but same idea

Edited by Economy

Judas Society
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

Well earth would have to warm up A LOT for snow to stop existing

Even with the poles warming up twice as fast as rest of earth in winter they are dozens of degrees below freezing and all this global warming so far has only been like 1.5C

Snow isn't gonna stop existing anytime soon

But sea levels rising cuz I've sheets shrink, that's another story... Worse, the North Pole and artic circle is releasing a lot of methane in the warmer months now because frozen ground thawing for first time in thousands of years is releasing all that trapped gas

There's parts in northern Canada than in later spring/summer u can dig a hole and light fire to the ground cuz of the methane being released

This one is actually a lake but same idea

wow :saladga:

• Like 1

StarstruckIllusion

Summer weather.. in the arctic circle... ugh I hate it here. 

Economy
3 minutes ago, homomo said:

Going up to mid 20’s here on the west coast of Ireland this week. Rarely reaches these temperatures here, even in the peak of Summer.

U rarely reach mid 20s??? :duck:

And people call Canada the land of ice yet our summers always pass 30C with humidity always well over 40C :madge:

Summers in Europe were more tolerable tbh. In Portugal there was less humidity so that dry heat was easier to bear

I guess you don't need AC in Ireland then?

StarstruckIllusion
Posted (edited)

Edited by StarstruckIllusion

monster

well.. its over.. 

Megalomaniacal and harder than the rest

homomo
5 minutes ago, Economy said:

U rarely reach mid 20s??? :duck:

And people call Canada the land of ice yet our summers always pass 30C with humidity always well over 40C :madge:

Summers in Europe were more tolerable tbh. In Portugal there was less humidity so that dry heat was easier to bear

I guess you don't need AC in Ireland then?

It’s basically a constant temperature all year round. A nice summer day is around 17-21 degrees, and the winter drops down to about 5 degrees (can go below zero, but that’s rare too)

Because it’s more cool/temperate here most of the time, home are built to keep heat inside. However, this comes with a downside, as any hot temperatures (when you start getting into the 20’s) start to become unbearable. The inside of a home can be like 5-10 degrees warmer. And yet, people don’t own air conditioning.

Back in June 2018, we had a major heatwave and it went up to 32. Some People literally slept in their yards cause it was cooler than inside.

• Like 1

gabeoz

Its only 70F here in Texas :sharon:

• Shook 1