Featured Posts

HeavyPunkLover

ha ha lol GIF

"Just because you know my name, doesn't mean you know my game"

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alsemanche

The demo sounds half baked and the deep "rain on me" vocals are high key annoying. The production is also so much better on the final version. The demo is cute for a demo but it's too,,, basic. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Lextyr97

Sorry I like good vocals. The vocals in some of the parts were SLOPPYYYYYYYYYYY and it’s way too repetitive. The final version is WAY better

Helxig

This is why we should never get demos :huntyga:

I definitely prefer the final version but it's interesting to hear where it started! Also interesting to hear the original second verse before Ari wrote hers!

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Arcanum

This is a pure homage to 90s french house music. It's like a completely different song. If this demo were released mid 90s it would have smashed the existence of all the late 70s-80s generation. To put this to the test, I put the demo to my brother (est. 1982) and although he LOATHES Gaga, he bopped the hell out of it, saying it reminds him of his eurodance days. I am so happy that she revamps this particular genre in Chromatica cause frankly it perished to oblivion since hip hop became mainstream late 90s. Ariana's version is a more polished GP friendly 2020 edition & is lit, but I would simply love if she reworked the demo and released it under some 90s type eurodance remix.

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

GovernmentHookah
13 minutes ago, Arcanum said:

This is a pure homage to 90s french house music. It's like a completely different song. If this demo were released mid 90s it would have smashed the existence of all the late 70s-80s generation. To put this to the test, I put the demo to my brother (est. 1982) and although he LOATHES Gaga, he bopped the hell out of it, saying it reminds him of his eurodance days. I am so happy that she revamps this particular genre in Chromatica cause frankly it perished to oblivion since hip hop became mainstream late 90s. Ariana's version is a more polished GP friendly 2020 edition & is lit, but I would simply love if she reworked the demo and released it under some 90s type eurodance remix.

I definitely agree! The demo sounds more 90s eurodance than the official version but it makes sense that they eventually modernized the sound for today’s audience.  I wish they would’ve kept the piano backdrop from the demo.

KORG

The opening piano in this I would say is better, but that's all.

Although I do think when she goes "rain on meeeeeee" could've been put in.

And "oo oo oo oo oo" could've been call & response. Do it the first time, have it repeated by synth the 2nd time and repeat that for the 2nd verse too. 

GaGaAst
17 hours ago, Adarsh said:

There’s a reason why it’s just a demo lol 

stupid love cries alone 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

the second verse has absurdly better lyrics, compared to both ariana's version and gaga's first verse (demo or studio)...

but, honestly, i guess i can see why those lyrics got cut. they remind me of the anthemic/empowerment-core pop tendencies of "BTW," and i feel like gaga & her team are trying to show how her new dance music is more mature and current than what many people have come to expect from her.

so, i guess this one will stay in the stan vault so the GP can be invited to the party, too.

joaomggd

I love the beat here because its rougher, almost more stupid love like.

But i feel like some of the elements here can get annoying quick, and the released version just has infinite replay value.

That said, I hope the album is more in line with this sound than the released rain on me sound

FRANK1991

ok this is the first time I've heard this,

it's good, giving me Madonna vibes and yes like I'm in a retail store, Retail Remix!:ladyhaha:

Nothing compared to the official version tho

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

Bowman

I like this demo and it’s interesting but the official version is way better and has so much more about it 

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

VasilisVas

The demo sounds worse than the finished product or SL :flop: the way ROM Keeps on repeating is super annoying. The version of ROM we got is iconic and I’m so happy with it.

Magui

First time hearing the demo... I prefer the final result by miles. But as someone point out, it's interesting to see how it started. 

atemyheartinc

Thank God she changed it. :oops:

It's not quite EUPHORIC like the final one and that's the whole purpose of the song :pole:

Archived