Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lady Gaga and David Bowie

DiskoBaby

Featured Posts

Ladle Ghoulash
On 5/20/2020 at 11:10 PM, Jose P said:

Wow at the amount of people discrediting legends like Bowie, Madonna, or Grace Jones bc they didn’t vibe well with Gaga. She doesn’t care, neither should you. Move on and stop belittling the icons that made Gaga the artist she is today.

Gaga will be viewed in league with those legends, hell, maybe in a league of her own in due time. But yeah I absolutely love so many of the artists that have influenced Gaga and understand that they’re only human. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PeachJug
13 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

The only thing that bothered her was that Gaga ripped off "Express Yourself"
 (which she did).

no

FameHookah
2 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

I don't think that was in reference to Gaga. Gaga never had "dark energy" and never gave off "dark vibes". She may have been referring to someone like Marilyn Manson instead.

Also, the Pet Shop Boys explicity stated "Ego Music" was not about Lady Gaga.

https://petshopboys-online.com/interviews/pet-shop-boys-pop-music-is-very-ego-driven-these-days/

She bleed on stage several times, also TF(paparazzi) TFM and BTW were pretty dark, whitney also referenced her face horns.

WTF is MDNA

Pennywise
16 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

The only thing that bothered her was that Gaga ripped off "Express Yourself"
 (which she did).

tumblr_ofbhw5JWW71sb6a15o1_500.gif

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

AJRocketMan
1 minute ago, FameHookah said:

She bleed on stage several times, also TF(paparazzi) TFM and BTW were pretty dark, whitney also referenced her face horns.

Maybe dark for 14 year old gay boys like I was, but not dark overall. I think Evanescence, Linkin Park, Disturbed, Metallica, Nirvana, Hole, Muse, and 50 Seconds to Mars are good examples of artists before Gaga who were actually dark. Even Rihanna's "Russian Roulette" I would say is darker than any song and video from Gaga. I think a lot of fans see Gaga's early years as "dark" because their impressionable minds didn't have an earlier reference look back to as an example of "dark" music and videos since Gaga came around right when most of us started seriously getting into music rather than just background noise that our family would put on.

DiskoBaby
20 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

Maybe dark for 14 year old gay boys like I was, but not dark overall. I think Evanescence, Linkin Park, Disturbed, Metallica, Nirvana, Hole, Muse, and 50 Seconds to Mars are good examples of artists before Gaga who were actually dark. Even Rihanna's "Russian Roulette" I would say is darker than any song and video from Gaga. I think a lot of fans see Gaga's early years as "dark" because their impressionable minds didn't have an earlier reference look back to as an example of "dark" music and videos since Gaga came around right when most of us started seriously getting into music rather than just background noise that our family would put on.

She wasn't Marilyn Manson dark but she didn't get all those illuminati rumors for nothing.

She wore weird outfits all the time that sometimes came across as creepy or weird, she wrote prosthetic horns, she bleed herself on stage, she was very dramatic, and blasphemized religion. 

All the videos for The Fame Monster involved death or dark imagery.

Her photoshoots for TFM were Halloween inspired or looked like a creepy alien for BTW. 

She had a dark aesthetic in her imagery and music that might put some people off. 

elijahfan
On 5/20/2020 at 6:39 AM, DiskoBaby said:

I'm left with more questions than answers. That seems nice but a bit random to frame? 

He was her idol... I would literally frame anything written from Gaga's hand, even a list of groceries.

LilyLark
2 hours ago, zebulonpyke said:

Gaga will be viewed in league with those legends, hell, maybe in a league of her own in due time. But yeah I absolutely love so many of the artists that have influenced Gaga and understand that they’re only human. 

People have the right to dislike Gag's music, and plenty of icons do like her: Patti LaBelle, Cher, Elton, Tony, Stevie Wonder, and there's a lot more. It's only handful that spoke negatively about her.

However, I do think context matters. In many of the cases, it's not like people singled Gaga out to sh*t all over her. Many of them tend to sh*t over everyone. For example, Grace rips everyone and has been even more harsh on Rihanna. Same with Boy George, and he's also been very complimentary of Gaga too.

*Lastly, the Bowie thing...I don't want people to think I'm criticizing him because he was a bit snarky about Gaga but I do think (if people aren't aware) it's worth keeping in mind that his comment was weird. Before his death, he made some rather slut shamey comments about the amount of skin pop stars show (which is hypocritical) & then he said something like I'd be wary of my daughter listening to her. He might have had some legitimate criticisms of Gaga, but the only public criticism was couched in misogyny. I feel like people kind of overlook it, are unaware, or it wasn't talked about much at the time because he was so beloved, but he said some sort of sh*tty things in general before he passed. Just like people overlook his uh, several incidents with underage girls. I know he's beloved and I get separating the art from the artist and that all said they were willing (and the 70s & 80s were a different time), but it's still gross asf and statutory rape imo. If he wasn't white there would have been so much media coverage about it.

YourCureness
On 5/20/2020 at 4:29 PM, Queen Bitch said:

It's sad really how many of the legends are (or were) against Gaga. Madonna, Grace Jones, Boy George, David Bowie (supposedly), M.I.A. (she's a legend to me:huntyga:), didn't Prince also make shady comments about her?

And no, before you even think of it, I don't think it has to do with "jealousy".

at least she got Cher and Elton John. and Leslie Jordan :ladyhaha:

--

that's why it was very sweet what she said on that Zane interview. That she is here for the younger weird pop acts, cause she didn't get to experience that support. most of her faves and influences rejected her.

Butters Stotch
On 5/20/2020 at 4:57 AM, Brecht said:

Tbh it does seem like she was asking to meet with him and he respectfully declined :selena: Gaga tends to exaggerate things sometimes (like when she said Madonna approved Born This Way) and saying they were pen pals may be one of those cases.

Yeah, I agree here... sounds like she asked for a meeting and he did not accept it... I really hope that's not what happened, though... imagine how sad would it be for you that your idol rejected you... although I don't think she is that dumb to frame a thank you letter if he just rejected her, you know? I mean, Gaga respects and recognizes her idols and the way they influenced her, but she doesn't take their sh*t, like she did with Madonna, at one point she was praising her despite negative commentaries coming from her, but she got tired of it and started to speak her mind. Maybe there was no chance for her to reach that point on her relationship with Bowie... I don't know, we'll never know.

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

Butters Stotch
10 minutes ago, YourCureness said:

at least she got Cher and Elton John. and Leslie Jordan :ladyhaha:

--

that's why it was very sweet what she said on that Zane interview. That she is here for the younger weird pop acts, cause she didn't get to experience that support. most of her faves and influences rejected her.

Yeah, this thread made me think about that part of the interview... maybe she dealt with bad attitude from many of her idols, so she decided she was not going to have a bad attitude towards new artists so they didn't feel the way she felt. So sad  yet so beautiful and kind. If this is what happened, she truly is a beautiful human being.

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

YourCureness
10 minutes ago, GGVS said:

Yeah, this thread made me think about that part of the interview... maybe she dealt with bad attitude from many of her idols, so she decided she was not going to have a bad attitude towards new artists so they didn't feel the way she felt. So sad  yet so beautiful and kind. If this is what happened, she truly is a beautiful human being.

when Gaga was starting she was probably very excited to be rubbing elbows with all the legends who influenced her. Some of her heroes had bad opinions about her, unfortunately, that would have been heartbreaking. But she's over it. And all these legends are not obliged to like her, at all. 

that's why it's very sweet when she said she sent flowers to billie after her grammy sweep. although with Gaga and Billie I think it is a reverse Madonna experience. The newbie dislikes the superstar :ladyhaha: 

the moral of the story here though is never meet your hero. :oops:  

LilyLark
28 minutes ago, YourCureness said:

when Gaga was starting she was probably very excited to be rubbing elbows with all the legends who influenced her. Some of her heroes had bad opinions about her, unfortunately, that would have been heartbreaking. But she's over it. And all these legends are not obliged to like her, at all. 

that's why it's very sweet when she said she sent flowers to billie after her grammy sweep. although with Gaga and Billie I think it is a reverse Madonna experience. The newbie dislikes the superstar :ladyhaha: 

the moral of the story here though is never meet your hero. :oops: 

Some of the legends don't really like anybody, too. It sucks for Gaga, but it's not like she was singled out unless we count the Bowie mess & the situation with Madonna...and I sort of always thought the Madonna thing was a PR stunt that got way out of hand considering Troy was close with Madonna's manager Guy.

Archived