đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lady Gaga and David Bowie

DiskoBaby

Featured Posts

DiskoBaby

David Bowie is one of her biggest influences. It's evident in her music, her style, her performance, she has his face tattooed on her! 

But I always wondered what did he think of her? He never publicly spoke about her even in the height of her career. He obviously must have known of her and saw his influence in her. As far as we know we have no idea if the two ever met. Even Gaga never spoke about them interacting as far as I know. Yet the only newer artists he did praise before his death was Lorde who he called the future of music and Kendrick Lamar who influenced his last album. But not the singer who was a walking tribute of him. 

It also makes me think what would he have thought of her Grammy tribute performance. She had a lot of controversy from his son and band mates who said it was too theatrical and too many songs were performed. Or more "Gaga" than Bowie. And if those that knew him best didn't approve, would Bowie not liked it either? I actually agree it might have been better if she performed one or two songs without Intel's technology on stage.

Even after that she still continues to praise him. Did she ever meet him and never talked about it or is it a case of never meeting your heros? 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaga said they were "pen pals" but rumor has it that he didn't like her very much. No one knows if it's true tho.

DiskoBaby
24 minutes ago, LGs LM said:

He sent her a letter and Gaga had it framed I think.

24 minutes ago, Brecht said:

Gaga said they were "pen pals" but rumor has it that he didn't like her very much. No one knows if it's true tho.

Source? 

The Edge Of Glory

Babylon will have samples from Fame by David Bowie just like The Fame :enigma:

I'm on the edge with you 🎶🎷

CyanLights
28 minutes ago, Brecht said:

Yeah, I think David Bowie’s son confirmed this if I remember correctly 

ice bear

"-Lorde is the future of music"

while not about gaga that speaks about the pop scene from back then, which she was a part of 

ice heard one side from above

LaLa

Yeah, it sad to say but I think it’s true that he wasn’t really here for her. The letter she has from him is basically just a thank you note, and the fact that they never met does say something imo.

Guest Adarsh

I have a feeling he didn’t like her that much. Anyway she has Elton John so it doesn’t really matter :vegas:

Maleficent
9 minutes ago, CyanLights said:

Yeah, I think David Bowie’s son confirmed this if I remember correctly 

i believe Bowie’s daughter (?) said her dad won’t let her go to a Gaga show cuz she’s “too weird” or something lol 

DiskoBaby
6 minutes ago, LaLa said:

Yeah, it sad to say but I think it’s true that he wasn’t really here for her. The letter she has from him is basically just a thank you note, and the fact that they never met does say something imo.

What did it say? 

LaLa
4 minutes ago, DiskoBaby said:

What did it say? 

The info comes from her ASIB era Vogue interview:

DmvGRhYWwAA_a_p?format=jpg&name=medium

DiskoBaby
3 minutes ago, LaLa said:

The info comes from her ASIB era Vogue interview:

DmvGRhYWwAA_a_p?format=jpg&name=medium

I'm left with more questions than answers. That seems nice but a bit random to frame? 

Maleficent
2 minutes ago, DiskoBaby said:

I'm left with more questions than answers. That seems nice but a bit random to frame? 

tbh “madonna’s camp emailed me and loved BTW” tease. 

i would never frame a quote that...cold...regardless of who sent it. 

Archived