💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What does Chromatica mean?

Britney Jean1

Featured Posts

brucee

Chromatica could be her own safe land (Look at the Planet 9 concept by Rose Mc Gowan)

Or a metaphor of the real world. 

For me with that sine going through her on the cover & this rose door leading to an underworld. I think Chromatica is that state that you reach when you're in osmosis with the music.

hello hello baby.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blue wig

She explained it in the Zane Lowe interview. Not sure if I remember everything correctly, but the name comes from the chromatic scale for music, and the ancient Greek word "chroma" for colour. And she says that we're all so different, even putting people on a scale isn't enough to express the range of differences (that explanation is on the promo pic with the release date)

So if I've understood correctly, she made an album called Chromatica to celebrate how unique we all are, and Chromatica is both a planet and state of mind in which you accept everyone for who they are

"In Chromatica, no one thing is greater than another, and kindness rules all"

Yxilon
2 minutes ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

Chromatica is also inspired by...literally the chromatic music scale,

maxresdefault.jpg800px_COLOURBOX16143025.jpg

but... you can't use chromatic scales in a pop song :billie:

Everything could be everything (it could mean anything)

brucee
7 minutes ago, Yxilon said:

The execution of the concept was messy, but the concept itself was very clear and very deep, maybe even too deep.

Fusin art and pop with technology while dancing through her pain and reversing pop art ?... Too much informations for me/ Of course the tech part was like not really happening. On the other hand I always said that this era delivered what she said she would, in a very different way than intended but it's a success for me.- still. 

I'm just so not into the art school justification. (what she seems to avoid now - she's clever we shall not doubt that)

hello hello baby.

RenegAde
18 minutes ago, Economy said:

She almost does what I did to pass art class in highschool

Do something basic or very mediocre then give an intense elaborate explanation about how symbolic and deep it really is on the description

My grades were saved despite my sh*tty drawings and art skills thanks to my ability to BS so well :giveup:

On a  serious  note doesn't  chromatica represent the colour wheel of music hence  the tribes with different  colours, the pink hair and colourful videos .... Or am i trippin

dynamite

At a total guess, it's an all encompassing world of colour and sound which represents and celebrates all our differences :woohoo:

RAMROD
33 minutes ago, Britney Jean1 said:

why the album title is Chromatica ? 

what the message of the kindness have to do with Chromatica, why she chose to create the concept of the planet? 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ I've Become A Notorious Being (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Andreu

Khroma is the word for colour in ancient greek and the album takes place in an imaginary land in which people organise themselves in tribes, each one representing a colour. Besides it's a concept used in music as well.

Yxilon
11 minutes ago, brucee said:

Fusin art and pop with technology while dancing through her pain and reversing pop art ?... Too much informations for me/ Of course the tech part was like not really happening. On the other hand I always said that this era delivered what she said she would, in a very different way than intended but it's a success for me.- still. 

I'm just so not into the art school justification. (what she seems to avoid now - she's clever we shall not doubt that)

um no, the concept was kind of simple: subordinating pop culture to art instead of viceversa

Everything could be everything (it could mean anything)

ChromaticRaccoon

I think I heard/read somewhere that the concept is something to do with how we put everything and everyone in boxes, how we categorise them/ colour code them ect. And we see things as different colours, instead of viewing the world as one gigantic rainbow. Hence why in Chromatica "no one thing is greater than another"

Killa

Shes chronos, but instead of time

she controls colours. All heil chromos

Hell Yeah Dancing GIF by Election 2016

extra:

The spectre of Life
It's the wheel of misery
We'll dance pain away
with the band of kindness
'Til we find chromatica
On the path unwinding
In the spectre, the spectre of life

Killa
17 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Khroma is the word for colour in ancient greek and the album takes place in an imaginary land in which people organise themselves in tribes, each one representing a colour. Besides it's a concept used in music as well.

imagine the title being, the circle of 5!!!???-AAHAHAHHAH DYING

Lord Temptation

FROM a mathematical standpoint, Chromatica is about changing - choosing - your own perspective and viewing colour as sound (and vice versa) through the act of dance as rotation. This is the essence of the branch of mathematics called Fourier analysis, where you can “cut up” a function in one space (say frequency), rearrange it, and get another function in another space (say, colour spectrum). 

What’s so special about Fourier analysis is how it uses imaginary numbers and yet is utilised in so many fields as diverse as astrophysics, music and medicine!

So Chromatica appears to be a universe. One in which the laws of mathematics, and hence motion, are governed by love.

Archived