💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What does Chromatica mean?

Britney Jean1

Featured Posts

Britney Jean1

I'm ashamed to ask this but I still don't know what Chromatica means, I have too many questions to ask why the album title is Chromatica ? 

another question that I have is that in interview she said that songs on the album is about her dancing on her pain, so basically the idea is that the songs are gonna be dancy but have at the same time a sad/painful emotions or message behind them. Given this, what the message of the kindness have to do with Chromatica, why she chose to create the concept of the planet? anyone has an explantion for the idea behind this.

Thank you :heart:

Slim

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Delusional

Seems like a very random title 

like this gif xx

Baby Crack GIF by TLC

‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️BANNED TILL SEPTEMBER‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

Queen Bitch

It means "here, you finally got what you wanted: high concept dance pop. Now be grateful phaguettes!":neyde:

AlexanderMagno

Are you still seriously wondering about the concepts that Gaga puts out? :ladyhaha: 

Economy
11 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Are you still seriously wondering about the concepts that Gaga puts out? :ladyhaha: 

She almost does what I did to pass art class in highschool

Do something basic or very mediocre then give an intense elaborate explanation about how symbolic and deep it really is on the description

My grades were saved despite my sh*tty drawings and art skills thanks to my ability to BS so well :giveup:

Yxilon

tbh I think that it's the first album from Gaga with a somwhat unclear, shallow concept :ally: but I'm here for it:vegas: who cares about concept albums nowadays? :oops:

Everything could be everything (it could mean anything)

brucee

It seems that Chromatica is like her  own land. Where she categorises things with colors and concepts. 

How is she going to develop that ???? I think Pink is her color, though I'm not sure that she is literally going to do each color - a song and a video... She will never be that literal. 

hello hello baby.

gagaschickens
6 minutes ago, Economy said:

She almost does what I did to pass art class in highschool

Do something basic or very mediocre then give an intense elaborate explanation about how symbolic and deep it really is on the deecription

My grades were saved despite my sh*tty drawings and art skills thanks to my ability to BS so well :giveup:

i feel this on a spiritual level :messga:

リのひ ᄃム刀'イ 尺乇ムり イんノ丂, ᄃム刀 リのひ?

plasticalice

I interpret Chromatica as a place in our minds rather than a real place, because it is truly a mindset. The album is about healing from heartbreak, pain, anxiety, depression, trauma, and all of life's hurdles. Chromatica is a world that embodies this power of healing and self-love. 

Stupid Love, opening the door to be vulnerable and to let someone heal you. "Gotta quit this crying, nobody's gonna heal me if I don't open the door."

Babylon, unabashed queer empowerment. "Strut it out, walk a mile, serve it ancient city style."

Rain On Me, unafraid of your struggles and having the power to take them and SURVIVE - literally begging them to rain on you. "I'm in the downpour, but at least I'm alive."

Free Woman, self-love and acceptance being alone in life. "I'm still something if I don't have a man, a free woman."

As you can see, this album is about SELF-LOVE. Feeling stable. It is really a message about mental health. The world of Chromatica embodies all these messages and is a utopian world where everyone gets along and feels free. We may not be physically there in the Stupid Love music video, but our minds are. As I said, Chromatica is a mindset of happiness, confidence and self-expression that we live in. The music and visual reflect this with bright colours and anthemic dance beats. It is such an easy yet effective album concept.

But that's just my take. :vegas:

She is coming for the Nobel Peace Prize, the modern day Yoko Ono I think...

brucee
4 minutes ago, Yxilon said:

tbh I think that it's the first album from Gaga with a somwhat unclear, shallow concept :ally: but I'm here for it:vegas: who cares about concept albums nowadays? :oops:

ARTPOP wasn't that clear too. Dancing through her pain is literally the theme of Just Dance. 

She always has a vision. But this time I think she learned her lessons well and won't dive into the esoteric explanations. She just has those Sci-Fi ideas. for the aesthetic. There is a war, and trauma and she wanna end it with kindness and unite people. 

It's also always been underlying in her work. 

Being taken too seriously and not seriously enough. 

hello hello baby.

xoxo Craig

Chromatica, to me, means a metaphorically world that we can all escape to in our minds to help us get through whatever tough time we are going through at that specific moment. In meditation/hypnotherapy (all that jazz), one of the first things a therapist will try get you to do, is to imagine a place in your mind where you can escape to. Imagine a place so vividly that when you are feeling down or stressed, all you need to do is find a quiet place and think of it and you'll automatically be "taken" out this world and put into your own. 

Chromatica is that place for all of us little monsters and the GP to escape to. To put on a smile on our faces, to help us dance away the blues and jump into a more joyous mood and atmosphere. 

Thats my interpretation of it based on what she has said in interviews, and the vibe from the aesthetics and music

End Racism Now

Yxilon
2 minutes ago, brucee said:

ARTPOP wasn't that clear too.

The execution of the concept was messy, but the concept itself was very clear and very deep, maybe even too deep.

Everything could be everything (it could mean anything)

IAmNotHere1997

Gaga cancelled the Earth and created Chromatica, a place where no one thing is greater than another. However, it is not a fictional planet or fantasy Universe. It is not a imaginary fairy-tale happy land where everything's perfect, but a place where darkness is co-existing with the light. Gaga said that Chromatica is ""a spectrum of people" that "all shared the same perspective" and always believed in "kindness over war", adding that "It's saying there are more colors and more kinds than we could possibly fathom. We're all so different and that's the perspective."

Chromatica is also inspired by...literally the chromatic music scale, and the chromatic color scale. Basically, combining both all the music and all the colors, it gives a sense of inclusivity.

maxresdefault.jpg800px_COLOURBOX16143025.jpg

Archived