malazam

Featured Posts

malazam
44 minutes ago, DeIusional said:

I’m slightly confused rn.. 

soooo what’s the book about? :sweat:

Synopsis inside the spoiler tag:

Spoiler

It is the morning of the reaping that will kick off the tenth annual Hunger Games. In the Capitol, eighteen-year-old Coriolanus Snow is preparing for his one shot at glory as a mentor in the Games. The once-mighty house of Snow has fallen on hard times, its fate hanging on the slender chance that Coriolanus will be able to outcharm, outwit, and outmaneuver his fellow students to mentor the winning tribute.

The odds are against him. He’s been given the humiliating assignment of mentoring the female tribute from District 12, the lowest of the low. Their fates are now completely intertwined — every choice Coriolanus makes could lead to favor, failure, and death. Inside the arena, it will be a fight to the death. Outside the arena, Coriolanus starts to feel for his doomed tribute . . . and must weigh his need to follow the rules against his desire to survive no matter what it takes.

43 minutes ago, SamanthaC said:

I'm going to have to re-read the entire series. 

Same and re watch the movies, I can't wait for the cast to be announced!

another shot before we kiss the other side

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seeka
33 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Suzanne Collins outtalented JKR but Stephenie Meyer outtalented them both :legend:

What Stephanie Meyer did was sell a supernatural romance book as a supernatural YA book.  That's all. 

Pennywise

Please Suzanne, don't become another Rowling and ruin your own saga, thank u :ohwell:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

River

You see Jacqueline Kimberly Rowling? this is how you serve your fans after a decade.

Anyway, I never read the books or watched the movies :spin:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

malazam
5 hours ago, littlefreakster said:

Please Suzanne, don't become another Rowling and ruin your own saga, thank u :ohwell:

So far, seems she won't ruin it. It's a +600 page book, she has something to tell, that's the double of any THG book..

another shot before we kiss the other side

Jenina

I love so much how everyone through this pandemic has especially been showing their love for the series :excited2:  I read the first book at age 9(I know :selena:) so it's been a massive part of my life since then. I'm super excited to read the book in likely one sitting :air: 

cool

NeedUMoreThanX
On 4/25/2020 at 4:25 PM, Eighteen said:

i read the first hunger games book but i found it uncannily similar to this japanese book i read called battle royale.... so i didn't read any of the other books. anybody who has read both battle royale and all of the hunger games recommend me reading on? i'm bored so maybe i'll give it another look? 

I would honestly read it. It's definitely similar to Battle Royale, but you get more resolution than with BR. 

NeedUMoreThanX
On 4/25/2020 at 4:36 PM, SamanthaC said:

I'm going to have to re-read the entire series. 

I re-read it a few months ago and fell in love with it all over again.

Glamourpuss

I bought and read all the books just before the first film came out. I feel like I'd be regressing if I read the next book because I've grown up alot since then. It'd be like reading Twilight again and God knows I haven't got time for that. :laughga:

NeedUMoreThanX
6 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

I bought and read all the books just before the first film came out. I feel like I'd be regressing if I read the next book because I've grown up alot since then. It'd be like reading Twilight again and God knows I haven't got time for that. :laughga:

I'm 27 and still enjoyed them when I read them again a few months ago. I know that wouldn't be the case with Twilight. Twilight's a freaking mess. 

Also... The movie has been announced and will include the crew (not the cast) from the last 3 movies. :kara:

SharkmanthaC
21 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

There is a major difference in the writing quality of the Twilight series and the Hunger Games. I attempted to re-read Twilight and it just wasn't happening.  I typically don't re-read books though.

she/her/hers

NeedUMoreThanX
2 hours ago, Eido said:

Also... The movie has been announced and will include the crew (not the cast) from the last 3 movies. :kara:

Awesome! I wonder when it will come out.

Archived