PHOTOS: Gaga visits Julian Assange in Ecuadorian Embassy

Zeus

Featured Posts

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Americano

i4cb94a6866233_2048.jpg

Assange is currently battling against the US and UK governments over the leakage of classified diplomatic information. The information that 'Wikileaks' put out caused a diplomatic crisis, causing strains in American relations worldwide.

For people that don't know, here is a Wikipedia summary:

International attention for WikiLeaks rose in 2010 when, with its partners in the news media, it began to publish U.S. military and diplomatic documents. Bradley Manning has since been arrested on suspicion of supplying the cables to WikiLeaks, Assange and WikiLeaks have been formally designated as "enemies of the United States" by the U.S. Defense Department,[14] and the United States Department of Justice is still investigating whether Assange can be prosecuted.[15] Since December 2010, Assange has been subject to a European Arrest Warrant in response to a Swedish police request for questioning in relation to a rape and s-xual assault investigation. In June 2012, following final dismissal by the Supreme Court of his appeal against enforcement of the European Arrest Warrant, Assange has failed to surrender to his bail, and has been treated by the UK authorities as having absconded. Since 19 June 2012, he has been inside the Ecuadorian embassy in London, where he has since been granted diplomatic asylum.[16][17] The British government intends to extradite Assange to Sweden under that arrest warrant once he leaves the embassy, which Assange says he fears may result in his subsequent extradition to the United States of America to face charges over the diplomatic cables case.

It seems that the fair Lady is looking for some controversy.

minutes before the media blows this up even if it's fake. if this is fake, and the media blows up, Gaga has to respond to this. it's too much....

Why do you always sound so paranoid?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i4cb94a6866233_2048.jpg

Gagaloo911

Wow, that's pretty kewl!

EDIT: Though I don't know the purpose of her having met him, I could care less that she did. **** politics. I support Assange :staymad:

RitaOral

I'm guessing she also met up with MIA aswel then considering she tweeted at her to come over

Archived