Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Gaga single tracking: August)

Americano

Featured Posts

Harry

Is Lana about to fall out of the top 10?

LoTocY4.gifLoTocY4.gifLoTocY4.gif

Yeah, combined she's still #6 though

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ray of Light

An artist can't rip off their own idea.  Rihanna and Selena both recruited the same director for their videos.  Anthony Mandler is behind the video's for Unfaithful, Only Girl, California King Bed, Man Down, and Diamonds.

He also works with a lot of other big names such as Beyonce, Jay-Z, Fergie, One Republic, Maroon 5, Akon, Enrique Iglesias, The Killers, Muse, Drake, John Mayer, Christina Aguilera, Nicki Minaj, Shakira, Fun, Lana Del Rey, Justin Bieber, Flo Rida, and many others.

Don't even pretend like Rihanna is the victim here for hiring such a mainstream director.  

I never said Selena ripped off Rihanna. I simply said she used 'Rihanna rip off' visuals, because I, like many people, associate those visuals with Rihanna. Sure, they were provided by the director and Rihanna probably has nothing to do their creation, but it became her signature thing during the Loud era, thus she's more correlated with them and can be used to describe them. 

jhonyguy04

omg, its the ultimate battle, 

selena vs. demi vs. miley

I am team selena!!

but I love them all, especially since all of them love and admire Gaga. 

I never said Selena ripped off Rihanna. I simply said she used 'Rihanna rip off' visuals, because I, like many people, associate those visuals with Rihanna. Sure, they were provided by the director and Rihanna probably has nothing to do their creation, but it became her signature thing during the Loud era, thus she's more correlated with them and can be used to describe them. 

oh lawd, here comes the copy accusations again....typical. 

Ray of Light

oh lawd, here comes the copy accusations again....typical. 

Oh lawd, here comes that user butting into a conversation trying to start drama out of nothing. Did you not read any of my comment? :rofl: I thought that little time out would teach you a lesson ;)

nick4bty

Oh lawd, here comes that user butting into a conversation trying to start drama out of nothing. Did you not read any of my comment? :rofl: I thought that little time out would teach you a lesson ;)

Jhony is always overdramatic about everything.

It really breaks my heart to see Selena beat Demi so easily. Heart Attack is like a thousand times better song than C&GI. There's no comparison. Her voice, the production, the lyrics - it's such a better song.

Ray of Light

It really breaks my heart to see Selena beat Demi so easily. Heart Attack is like a thousand times better song than C&GI. There's no comparison. Her voice, the production, the lyrics - it's such a better song.

I mean, Demi has had an amazing chart run! Heart Attack has been out since February, so it's had amazing longevity. But Made In the USA is coming, and I have a feeling it will be big. I just hope the video is a lot more intriguing than HA's. 

nick4bty

I mean, Demi has had an amazing chart run! Heart Attack has been out since February, so it's had amazing longevity. But Made In the USA is coming, and I have a feeling it will be big. I just hope the video is a lot more intriguing than HA's. 

Very true. If only HA had a better video  :smh: But Made in the USA is a good song so hopefully it's another Top 10 for Demi.

Runway

SELENA GOMEZ – Come & Get It: 56.507 (+1.160)

:clap:

BROSEIDON

Blurred Lines slaying iTunes :legend:

Happy this song is doing well. That performance worked wonders

nick4bty

Jesus christ this new Carly song . . .  :wtf: Her voice sounds horrible. I really can't see her having a career past this. 

Emvee

Come and Get It is not that great of a song, but it's MILES better than that Howlfest Demi put out. 

And like previously stated, Selena's receipts are all there. Great sales, radio support... the video's success is just the icing on the cake, not the definitive factor. Y'all just making yourselves look pressed. 

I will say that many of the songs that are charting high right now are only doing so because there's a massive void in good pop music. The only stand out track so far this year has been Thrift Shop. 

nick4bty

Come and Get It is not that great of a song, but it's MILES better than that Howlfest Demi put out. 

And like previously stated, Selena's receipts are all there. Great sales, radio support... the video's success is just the icing on the cake, not the definitive factor. Y'all just making yourselves look pressed. 

I will say that many of the songs that are charting high right now are only doing so because there's a massive void in good pop music. The only stand out track so far this year has been Thrift Shop. 

Lol from your first sentence I can't help but take your judgment with a grain of salt.

Thrift Shop is the standout in terms of sales, definitely. But Stay, JGMAR, and even WIWYM have all been good pop hits. WIWYM already hit 3 million, Stay and JGMAR will easily outsell 3 million in the coming weeks - that's a solid number. I can't stand T-Swift, but IKYWT was also a hit. Mirrors is easily on its way to hit-status. And then you have songs like S&S, Feel This Moment, Ho Hey, and others all having done well. 

I don't think there's a void in pop music. Sure, the big hitmakers Gaga and Katy (and also lacking from the charts, Adele and Britney and others) are on a break, but 2013 has so far been the year for numerous genres of music to break through and share the charts. And I personally love seeing that. There's so much great music past pop, and that's really ringing true this year.

chris777

Lol from your first sentence I can't help but take your judgment with a grain of salt.

Thrift Shop is the standout in terms of sales, definitely. But Stay, JGMAR, and even WIWYM have all been good pop hits. WIWYM already hit 3 million, Stay and JGMAR will easily outsell 3 million in the coming weeks - that's a solid number. I can't stand T-Swift, but IKYWT was also a hit. Mirrors is easily on its way to hit-status. And then you have songs like S&S, Feel This Moment, Ho Hey, and others all having done well. 

I don't think there's a void in pop music. Sure, the big hitmakers Gaga and Katy (and also lacking from the charts, Adele and Britney and others) are on a break, but 2013 has so far been the year for numerous genres of music to break through and share the charts. And I personally love seeing that. There's so much great music past pop, and that's really ringing true this year.

:golfclap:

I'm tired of the complains about how pop music should be. If people don't like the current pop music there is alot more to listen

Archived