Jump to content
The Evolution of Gaga
society

Elizabeth Warren On Ellen


Economy

Featured Posts

DannyBrown
2 minutes ago, shane_c said:

He was a Democrat his whole life and just changed to Republican to run for Mayor and he has always been for gay rights.  jfyi. And he would have had the ability to win whereas the fake indian would have lost in a landslide.

I was actually gonna reply to all of this but if you actually believe Bloomberg is pro gay well that's on you. And I actually don't really care about gay rights ( I kinda do loveiwins and stuff) but if you really believe if a ****ing oligarch who bought his way to the election is good for this country... May as well vote for trump?

 

6 minutes ago, Economy said:

I dunno how lucky I am... By almost every measure we consistently rank near the top of the rankings for least affordable housing and our middle class is so squeezed we top the lists for most indebted population as well 

 

USA debt peaked at 134% before the crash in 2007 and in Canada by comparison it's 178% now

 

Also on housing, our housing boom started around the same time as the US in early 2000s but unlike the US we never got a crash or correction and we are still getting double digit price appreciation every year. The housing boom has been going on for almost 20 years now :deadbanana:

 

It's BAD! Bad to the point that despite more generous social programs for the poor and higher minimum wages than the US and free healthcare Canada's homeless rate has surpassed the US some years ago

 

So I don't know how lucky I am as a young person trying to start a life in a Country that is going thru it's worst housing crisis in history :rip:

 

 

The minimum wage here is 7.25$ and the minimum rent is like what, 1k$? You sure are lucky

Link to post
Share on other sites

Economy
10 minutes ago, DannyBrown said:

I was actually gonna reply to all of this but if you actually believe Bloomberg is pro gay well that's on you. And I actually don't really care about gay rights ( I kinda do loveiwins and stuff) but if you really believe if a ****ing oligarch who bought his way to the election is good for this country... May as well vote for trump?

 

The minimum wage here is 7.25$ and the minimum rent is like what, 1k$? You sure are lucky

$1000 (Canadian $1300) here is a cheap rusted small basement in the suburbs. Even in most small towns that's hard to find

 

I can see I'm gonna have to show u some graphs to prove to u the situation here actually is serious and maybe ull see why despite our better minimum wages and programs we proportionally now have more homeless than in the US:

 

pricetoincome_lg.jpg

 

ulESdB1glvEGTs3DAbK8zaU5kreitIRPW7iJl1Ca

 

5cd51a521f000058009c491f.jpeg?ops=scalef

And the last one I can't find a recent one but trends didn't change since 2016 it only went higher

5cd51a521f000058009c491f.jpeg?ops=scalef

 

Maybe now this proof will make u take what I'm saying more seriously

 

Canada is not a "Lucky" place to live right now especially if ur young

 

It's a good place to live if ur a baby boomer with a paid off mortgage who has a house worth $1.5M with no effort whatsoever on ur part

Link to post
Share on other sites

DannyBrown
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

I can see I'm gonna have to show u some graphs to prove to u the situation here actually is serious and maybe ull see why despite our better minimum wages and programs we proportionally now have more homeless than in the US:

 

pricetoincome_lg.jpg

 

ulESdB1glvEGTs3DAbK8zaU5kreitIRPW7iJl1Ca

 

5cd51a521f000058009c491f.jpeg?ops=scalef

And the last one I can't find a recent one but trends didn't change since 2016 it only went higher

5cd51a521f000058009c491f.jpeg?ops=scalef

 

Maybe now this proof will make u take what I'm saying more seriously

 

Canada is not a "Lucky" place to live right now especially if ur young

 

It's a good place to live if ur a baby boomer with a paid off mortgage who has a house worth $1.5M with no effort whatsoever on ur part

I know you're an immigrant

I hear ya, I get ya and I feel ya
and I'm sorry

But still, my insurance is 20k$ a year, my student loan is 40k$ still, my rent is 2.5k$ a month but it's not a competition who's more miserable in the end. Cause at this point trump can ban abortions or some **** like that it's just getting out of hand

Link to post
Share on other sites

misunderstood
35 minutes ago, DannyBrown said:

That is true, I still can't believe trump is in the office but at this point if we wanna save the country we NEED to support Bernie. If I recall correctly, you're Canadian (lucky you tho) but we just can't risk this time. She NEEDS to drop out and there's that

 

Biden is literally brain dead and a war criminal

 

34 minutes ago, shane_c said:

She lies, flip flops, and I thought it was ridiculous how she treated Bloomberg about what was just jokes and saying "kill it' on tv on front of millions when its just an allegation that hasn't been proven. She's extremely dislikable. The only way I think you could like her is because you agree with her far left positions or because she's a woman. She'd be a disaster in a general election.

 

30 minutes ago, DannyBrown said:

Bloomberg is a ****ing republican who'd lynch the gays the moment he could so she wasn't exactly lying. I don't like her nomore now she's a celeb rather than a politician  but picking bloomberg over warren s really trump'd

 

25 minutes ago, shane_c said:

He was a Democrat his whole life and just changed to Republican to run for Mayor and he has always been for gay rights.  jfyi. And he would have had the ability to win whereas the fake indian would have lost in a landslide.

These posts proving to me why I still shouldn't visit the world news section much :enigma:

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"
Link to post
Share on other sites

Economy
8 minutes ago, DannyBrown said:

I know you're an immigrant

I hear ya, I get ya and I feel ya
and I'm sorry

But still, my insurance is 20k$ a year, my student loan is 40k$ still, my rent is 2.5k$ a month but it's not a competition who's more miserable in the end. Cause at this point trump can ban abortions or some **** like that it's just getting out of hand

No I know. Life sucks sorry about ur student loans.

 

I'm just saying ppl don't take it seriously when we talk about the Canadian housing crisis. They think it's just like every other Nation ATM with affordability issues but the truth is that it's exeptionally bad here and 

 

A 20 year consistent housing boom with double digit price gains almost every year is almost unheard of... At this point were about to surpass the legendary housing bubbles of Switzerland and Japan of the 1980s/1990s that were also 20 year surges :emma:

 

The average price of a house in Canada right now is double the US (that's even accounting for currency)... I can tell u tho our wages are not double the US wages :deadbanana:

 

I just left the Toronto area where I been for 19 years for a small city 3 hours away. Despite having a full time job, I was on the verge of homelessness myself and had to be bailed out by my parents :madge:

Link to post
Share on other sites

luckyanderson

Two deceptive, privileged, so-called "liberal" women on the same stage. Who would have thought it possible?

Let's not forget war-mongering while we're at it. :spin:

Link to post
Share on other sites

DannyBrown
5 minutes ago, Economy said:

No I know. Life sucks sorry about ur student loans.

 

I'm just saying ppl don't take it seriously when we talk about the Canadian housing crisis. They think it's just like every other Nation ATM with affordability issues but the truth is that it's exeptionally bad here and 

 

A 20 year consistent housing boom with double digit price gains almost every year is almost unheard of... At this point were about to surpass the legendary housing bubbles of Switzerland and Japan of the 1980s/1990s that were also 20 year surges :emma:

 

The average price of a house in Canada right now is double the US (that's even accounting for currency)... I can tell u tho our wages are not double the US wages :deadbanana:

 

I just left the Toronto area where I been for 19 years for a small city 3 hours away. Despite having a full time job, I was on the verge of homelessness myself and had to be bailed out by my parents :madge:

I was seriously considering moving to Canada and I ain't afraid of the weather (cause I'm ****ing Alaskan) but while I'm sure I still will, I have my doubts... Cause I ain't no cosmopolitan man so we will see
Yet again, sorry about ur current situation 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Economy
Just now, DannyBrown said:

I was seriously considering moving to Canada and I ain't afraid of the weather (cause I'm ****ing Alaskan) but while I'm sure I still will, I have my doubts... Cause I ain't no cosmopolitan man so we will see
Yet again, sorry about ur current situation 

If u do ever move here, unless u get a high paying career I suggest you avoid Toronto or Vancouver

 

Those 2 metros are the very heart of the housing crisis and the rediculous unaffordability

 

Or if u do wanna live there, the trade off is u might need 2 room mates to split rent 3-way that's kinda what most ppl do to get by

 

My wife and in April 1st move in with this guy in our new city so we can split rent with him. It's weird cuz he's single and were married and sharing a small space with another guy there is weird but gotta do what u gotta do :emma:

 

Canada has a terrible combination of restrictive and slow zoning and permit laws (we ranked 2nd worst out of 35 OECD Nations) which slows construction... A new condo in Toronto can take over 10 years to be fully approved

 

And then we have one of the very highest immigration rates in the world. For example last year Toronto was the fastest growing city in North America (grew by 125,000 last year)

 

Slow construction + surging population means the housing crisis is not going away anytime soon and it's doubtful we will get a housing bust like the US did in 2007/2008 or like Japan or Switzerland because with vacancies near 0 the bidding wars won't stop :(

 

When u say we're lucky I do think we are lucky in many many aspects. I can't say Canada is a bad place to live

 

It's literally the housing crisis that's ruined everything. For young people life now is all about rent. Ppl don't talk about future life plans that much anymore. It's all about rent :madge:

 

When a Country has a relatively high minimum wage and solid social programs and our homeless rate still surpasses the US.... That should give u an idea of how serious it's getting

 

And according to estimates construction in Toronto for example is still 20% below demographic demand which means vacancies will only get more squeezed :deadbanana:

Link to post
Share on other sites

DannyBrown
5 minutes ago, Economy said:

If u do ever move here, unless u get a high paying career I suggest you avoid Toronto or Vancouver

 

Those 2 metros are the very heart of the housing crisis and the rediculous unaffordability

 

Or if u do wanna live there, the trade off is u might need 2 room mates to split rent 3-way that's kinda what most ppl do to get by

 

My wife and in April 1st move in with this guy in our new city so we can split rent with him. It's weird cuz he's single and were married and sharing a small space with another guy there is weird but gotta do what u gotta do :emma:

 

Canada has a terrible combination of restrictive and slow zoning and permit laws (we ranked 2nd worst out of 35 OECD Nations) which slows construction... A new condo in Toronto can take over 10 years to be fully approved

 

And then we have one of the very highest immigration rates in the world. For example last year Toronto was the fastest growing city in North America (grew by 125,000 last year)

 

Slow construction + surging population means the housing crisis is not going away anytime soon and it's doubtful we will get a housing bust like the US did in 2007/2008 or like Japan or Switzerland because with vacancies near 0 the bidding wars won't stop :(

 

When u say we're lucky I do think we are lucky in many many aspects. I can't say Canada is a bad place to live

 

It's literally the housing crisis that's ruined everything. For young people life now is all about rent. Ppl don't talk about future life plans that much anymore. It's all about rent :madge:

 

When a Country has a relatively high minimum wage and solid social programs and our homeless rate still surpasses the US.... That should give u an idea of how serious it's getting

 

And according to estimates construction in Toronto for example is still 20% below demographic demand which means vacancies will only get more squeezed :deadbanana:

I been studying **** ever since like early 2017 and I had no idea :messga: Although I make like ~95k$ a year here, maybe with weed being legal and all moving to canada wouldn't be the best move anyway
Thank you a lot for insight 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Economy
2 minutes ago, DannyBrown said:

I been studying **** ever since like early 2017 and I had no idea :messga: Although I make like ~95k$ a year here, maybe with weed being legal and all moving to canada wouldn't be the best move anyway
Thank you a lot for insight 

No problem. 

 

It's my genuine analysis

 

Canada has good social security nets, universal healthcare (in most stuff, some segments are actually privatized here too it's not as free as Europe),low corruption, low crime and gangs, politically stable compared to most Nations and stuff... There's a lot I like about Canada

 

Economically whats overshadowing and ruining everything is really the housing crisis

 

Our decent wages get stretched to the last dime trying to outbid other tenenants if u are trying to rent our outbidding other buyers if ur gonna buy

 

Fortunately it's become such a hot political issue that the government is finally getting serious about trying to find solutions to ease the crisis like the Government getting involved in mass construction, free land given to developers, low interest given to developers who make affordable housing etc. Hopefully these ideas help but if they do it will take many years to re-establish some degree of affordability

 

You might be interested in this. This is a famous TV Reporter here who's always on the bews who got slapped with a $950/month increase in rent in a single year and she decided to talk about it on the news to bring awareness

 

 

Btw rents went up another 12% since this incident

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lion Heart

I used to love Elizabeth Warren, but now not so much. It's so sad. 

She called out Pete Buttigieg for his "wine cave" fundraisers and called out candidates for taking money from Super PACs, only for her to fold in the weeks leading up to Super Tuesday and starts taking PAC money as if nothing. She folded on Medicare for All when Pete Buttigieg pressed her a bit in a debate and asked her to explain her position. She folded on being a Bernie ally by bringing up some nonsense from 2018, despite being friends with Bernie ALL of 2019 with no mention of the "a woman can't win" story. She abandoned her economist populist message for "gender toke-ism" and for what? She has no path forward and she's only sabotaging Bernie (and her own progressive ideas by extension). If she underperforms on Super Tuesday, she needs to drop out. 

 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...