💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Stupid Love already getting good reviews

GaGaAst

Featured Posts

I don 5 understand how can this song have a bad review.. 

It isn t nothing spectacular but it is a cute song.. 

If another popstar sang this all the LM would be like 'omg this is epic..gaga is cancelled.. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RickMonster98
7 hours ago, GaGaAst said:

"The visually stunning video ..."

"...fantastical new video" 

“Watch Lady Gaga save pop music in badass 'Stupid Love' music video”

“Lady Gaga Just Released Her New Song, ‘Stupid Love,’ and It's Incredible”

tenor.gif?itemid=11752581

Spoiler

jk, i'm glad reviews are great :billie:

Jigglygoth
1 hour ago, ACT2 said:

im waiting for Zachary to loose his Shiessa

Same, only critic I care about TBH :ladyhaha:

HEART OF EVER-FROST

WantUrStupidLove
3 hours ago, Mr S said:

Critics/people will eat this up because it represents a return to form. As long she gave a bop which she did. Thr next single needs to be a bit deeper though.

Agree, and that tends to be her MO with every era. 

If she HADNT released the pop bop everyones been asking for ever since ARTPOP, then the reviews would be brutal. 

xoxo Craig
9 hours ago, ShayCristoforo said:

Because it’s undeniably strong yet simple 

Its like Just Dance but on steroids 

End Racism Now

WantUrStupidLove

An amazing review by Variety:

“Lady Gaga is back in a big way with her new single ‘Stupid Love,’ which, on the basis of a few listens is arguably her best song since ‘Edge of Glory’— a collaboration between her, hitmakers BloodPop, Max Martin, Tchami, Martin Joseph and Eli Rise — and it’s got a suitably eye-popping video to go with it that was directed by Daniel Askill and apparently shot entirely on an iPhone 11 Pro.”

“Kindness punks, Chromatica, alien worlds — we’re not sure what all this adds up to, but it’s great to hear Gaga back at what she does best: An exciting, pulsating dance song with an irresistible beat and great hooks.”

https://variety.com/2020/music/news/lady-gaga-stupid-love-new-single-video-watch-1203518758/

Dr Fudge
9 hours ago, ShayCristoforo said:

Because it’s undeniably strong yet simple 

I remember when critics were saying that about TEOG! Pop is simple and while Gaga is a complex person, she does simple pop well!

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

4 hours ago, Ziggy said:

How can it be new as ever when it was done in January 2019 :bon::stalkga::trollga:

Within the context of her released material?

3 points in and ready for more

3 minutes ago, FudgeyBear said:

I remember when critics were saying that about TEOG! Pop is simple and while Gaga is a complex person, she does simple pop well!

I think she understands that pop music, for all its nuances and complexities, has the potential to be the perfect conduit to directly represent a story to be told in a way that is very accessible and easy (which is what I love about pop music).

I think that's what makes her one of the best, when she does it best- a song that can be easy to listen to, easy to dance to, but can have multiple layers if a listener chooses to delve that far.

3 points in and ready for more

The random OGH making accounts on GGD pretending to be disappointed fans hihi.. as if we’re that dumb. 

GunninMan

SO happy that the reviews have been mainly great! As it should be because she executed what she was going for so well in my opinion. The cherry on top for me is how much the negative fans are seething. Like if she ain’t blonde, wearing a black latex catsuit, swimming in blood, and sacrificing Jesus’ third cousin in every video, then she’s “tAcKy”. Lmao.

LOL at people who think "The GP" are the ones posting opinions on Twitter. :ladyhaha:

The "GP" might have "the Twitter," but they certainly aren't tweeting about Gaga on there or their opinion of her music. 

At the end of the day, everyone loves a good pop song (even people who are too pretentious to admit it out loud). They become infectious, especially a song like this in a time like where we are, socially. It's an excuse to let loose and have fun. The "GP" is gonna eat this song right up, as they should. 

As for the Negative Nancys out there...I bet not one of the people s***ting all over this song or video would have the balls to say how they feel to Gaga's face. They are largely insecure cowards hiding behind anonymity and their phone screens. 

1 hour ago, WantUrStupidLove said:

An amazing review by Variety:

“Lady Gaga is back in a big way with her new single ‘Stupid Love,’ which, on the basis of a few listens is arguably her best song since ‘Edge of Glory’— a collaboration between her, hitmakers BloodPop, Max Martin, Tchami, Martin Joseph and Eli Rise — and it’s got a suitably eye-popping video to go with it that was directed by Daniel Askill and apparently shot entirely on an iPhone 11 Pro.”

“Kindness punks, Chromatica, alien worlds — we’re not sure what all this adds up to, but it’s great to hear Gaga back at what she does best: An exciting, pulsating dance song with an irresistible beat and great hooks.”

https://variety.com/2020/music/news/lady-gaga-stupid-love-new-single-video-watch-1203518758/

LOL ok they’re hoping for clicks on that saying this is her best since TEOG. It’s a pretty good song, but there’s been so many great ones in between. Plenty from ASIB, a few on ARTPOP. That’s some back-handed insanity.

Miracle
4 hours ago, Sneaky said:

Nah, Pitchfork is slow with their reviews hahah

They already reviewed it! They were slightly positive. A solid 7.1/10 review

Archived