💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Stupid Love already getting good reviews

GaGaAst

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, BornSimon said:

GP and fans are not "reviews" though. Reviews are from official publications. That's what separates them from random opinions.

Those reviews ain't taking her to the top of the charts to be honest

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Diamond heart99

I’m so happy to see such a great reviews. But the whole “moves back to pop” is silly. Sounds like it was written by an LM who hated the Joanne era. She didn’t leave pop music behind 🙄 just didn’t focus on dance tracks for a minute.

It’s a great song and I hope it goes viral. We shall see - it’s so hard it tell these days what will become a pop culture staple since the internet and social media has made us so divided. 

There is not a central place to gather music wise like there used to be. Or I’m just old AF and long for the days of old school MTV. 

I’m blonde, I’m skinny, I’m rich and I’m a little bit of a bitch

WantUrStupidLove
19 minutes ago, Magui said:

So happy that a good chunk of reviews are posite 😊. 

They are by the people whose opinions actually matter, eg Rolling Stone, Billboard, high-fashion magazines, etc. The negativity is the exact same bs that consumes this fanbase every ****ing era for over a decade now, despite their “fave” having managed 11 Grammys, 2 golden globes, 1 academy award, a BAFTA, first woman to have 5 consecutive #1 albums in the 2010s, a residency, SB halftime show, etc etc etc whilst constantly “flopping” as they would claim. Then immediately reversing course when she is once again incredibly successful and proved her own damn fans wrong. 

And yet, inevitably, despite this having been the exact pattern for 10+ years, it hasn’t changed. I thought it would after ASIB, but no. With  every single new era or career move, the fans bitch and act like they know best. Hah. Laughable. 

WantUrStupidLove

(For reference, everyone here thought ASIB would be the nail in the coffin of her career, and that ”Shallow” would never be a hit because it was “too weird”and “not radio friendly” due to the song structure). :ladyhaha:

9 minutes ago, WantUrStupidLove said:

They are by the people whose opinions actually matter, eg Rolling Stone, Billboard, etc. The negativity is the exact same bs that consumes this fanbase every ****ing era for over a decade now, despite their “fave” having managed 11 Grammys, 2 golden globes, 1 academy award, a BAFTA, first woman to have 5 consecutive #1 albums in the 2010s, etc etc etc whilst constantly “flopping” as they would claim. Then immediately reversing course when she is once again incredibly successful and proved her own damn fans wrong. 

And yet, inevitably, despite this having been the exact pattern for 10+ years, it hasn’t changed. I thought it would after ASIB, but no. With  every single new era or career move, the fans bitch and act like they know best. Hah. Laughable. 

This is my first time  on this site while Gaga releasing new music. When i signed up Shallow was already getting praised a lot so i did not catch the opinions when it was released. I guess from other people comments Joanne was very bad receive by fans. 

I'm not reading everything, i started to read some very bad opinions and gave up. I just want to be on good spirits and enjoy the song, and was very happy to read this reviews. 

My plan is to keep enjoying it with everyone that enjoys it too.

TWICE on hatius
14 minutes ago, Rio said:

Those reviews ain't taking her to the top of the charts to be honest

Who’s GP lol, who stay awake this time beside stans and some crackheads on bird app, which is the platform no one irl cares 

Please ignore the spelling in username. I am a Beyonce stan afterall.

Diamond heart99
6 minutes ago, WantUrStupidLove said:

(For reference, everyone here thought ASIB would be the nail in the coffin of her career, and that ”Shallow” would never be a hit because it was “too weird”and “not radio friendly” due to the song structure). :ladyhaha:

How was a folksy country-ish pop song like Shallow too weird?!!

Are these the same LMs that complain we need more vomit moments?

WantUrStupidLove
1 minute ago, Ktaylor99 said:

How was a folksy country-ish song like Shallow too weird?!!

Are these the same LMs that complain we need more vomit moments?

There were countless complaints: it was too short, it wasn’t catchy, it “didn’t have a chorus” (because it’s 4 verses, then bridge, then chorus, rather than the typical verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus in pop songs). 

They hated that she was doing country and wanted old disco electropop Gaga back with crazy clothes and artistic music videos. And now here we are. 

Diamond heart99
1 minute ago, WantUrStupidLove said:

There were countless complaints: it was too short, it wasn’t catchy, it “didn’t have a chorus” (because it’s 4 verses, then bridge, then chorus, rather than the typical verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus in pop songs). 

They hated that she was doing country and wanted old disco electropop Gaga back with crazy clothes and artistic music videos. And now here we are. 

My eyes hurt from rolling. Why anyone would want someone as talented as Lady Gaga to be only one thing amazes me. 

WantUrStupidLove
34 minutes ago, Ktaylor99 said:

My eyes hurt from rolling. Why anyone would want someone as talented as Lady Gaga to be only one thing amazes me. 

This. And it’s truly a sad irony. I mean, her entire career is based on constant evolution and thinking outside of the box, and yet her own fanbase continually tries to box her in one specific genre and persona as they best see fit for her. 

I think by now Gaga has pretty well established she knows exactly what the **** she is doing in her career. 

Serial Chiller
1 hour ago, ReginaGeorge said:

I mean it’s okay for people not to like it while at the same time being “Gaga fans” but the fact that some of you legit want others to hate it and that you’re trying to prove your point of how bad it is is kinda concerning to be completely honest. :interestinga: Being on Gaga forum and spamming every single thread with straight up hate comments (and no that is not your opinion, that is you being rude) is kinda crazy. 

yeah I mean they always pull the same card “we have as much right as you to express a negative opinion” lol ok. But then those people would spam the same hate on EVERY thread made about the song/mv. Like, we fcking get it. 

I might just get petty and start making a list of the haters that cant shut up about it. Like it’s not that hard they pop up in every thread. :lolly:

Critics/people will eat this up because it represents a return to form. As long she gave a bop which she did. Thr next single needs to be a bit deeper though.

5 hours ago, Miel said:

I disagree in that, melodically, this song sounds more in the realm of BTW than TF (purely for its primary chorus melody lmao, but even the vocals). But her vocal intonation and performance is as improved and new as ever.

How can it be new as ever when it was done in January 2019 :bon::stalkga::trollga:

Archived