💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

'Chromatica' Discussion - ACT I

FATCAT

Featured Posts

MessyTop
6 minutes ago, HausOfHarlow said:

My thoughts/rambles after reading pretty much the past 35 pages.... I'm too lazy to quote people.

April 10th! OMG!! So soon! I am so excited!

I do see where people are coming from regarding "Filler" and long albums and such. I have noticed that many artists are making a lot shorter tracks but in high quantity. I noticed, for example, Kesha's High Road has 17 tracks (including late-added Summer and Japanese bonus track, Big Bad Wolf) but of these 17 tracks, 7 of them are under the 3:00 mark (Kinky included, bc that unnecessary intro is... unnecessary. Only two track are over the 4:00 mark. So very short tracks, high quantity. The same could be said of Rare, standard edition, has 13 tracks, and 9 of the tracks are under 3:15 mark. 

Personally, I'd rather see fewer tracks of a longer length, than more short tracks. Manic, also has 11 tracks (including bonus tracks) that are under 3:15! Ugh! Don't get me wrong - a short track can be high quality, and easier to pay attention to, but I personally find long tracks with full productions and musician intro/outros to be far more satisfying. That's one of many reasons I love Lana so much! Honeymoon, in it's 13 full tracks (interlude excluded), there's only one short track, and it's a cover! I l loooooove Honeymoon for it's longer length, only being 13 real tracks. The same can be said for all of her albums - she has so few "short" songs and  many long songs! Queen of putting a 5+ minute song on every one of her albums! 

Thoughts on possible album length of Chromatica.... 48 mins for 16 tracks??? Looooooooooooord! That's only 3:00 each! And anything longer than 3:00 means another will be under 2:59! I find that so frustrating. Felt the same way about Taylor's album, Lover - 18 standard tracks, but so many short ones. 

Don't get me wrong, I am still super excited for Chromatica, but if it's really 48 minutes, for 16 tracks, I'll be a little... disappointed. 

LASTLY - people who say The Queen, BJ+AF, HU(RTL) etc are filler material - LOL. Born This Way is by far her most cohesive album in its lyrical theme and production. I don't think there are any fillers, and by including 3 bonus tracks throughout the musical journey (instead of tacked on the end) helps solidify the story of the music even more. And imagine this - pretty sure fan-favorite, don't-kill-me-for-saying-this but Heavy Metal Lover was the last track recorded for the album, aka filler material. Don't @ me. :D

More tracks means more streams. Artists are doing that now. Taylor did that same. Longer songs and fewer tracks doesn’t equal more streams. Is a marketing trick 

• Replies 54.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Illuminati Freak

If there really is an Ariana collaboration the world will be SHOOK. Instant number one. Weaves snatched. Wigs flying in the air, none of the other pop girls will be the same. Can you imagine the music video? 

PartySick
44 minutes ago, HeavyCapiLover said:

Why not make it a single when it could litteraly be a HUGE hit !

For real :toofunny:

I'm no where near an Ari fan but the power they would have together :bradley:

PartySick
14 minutes ago, HausOfHarlow said:

Thoughts on possible album length of Chromatica.... 48 mins for 16 tracks??? Looooooooooooord! That's only 3:00 each! And anything longer than 3:00 means another will be under 2:59! I find that so frustrating. Felt the same way about Taylor's album, Lover - 18 standard tracks, but so many short ones. 

Maybe some of the tracks are short interludes?

Jose P
20 minutes ago, DirrtyPony said:

I love Ari, but am I the only one who thinks a Gaga x Ariana collab would be super corny?

It depends on how they do it. I mean it could go any way we imagine. But I can actually see them working well together.

Let’s remember this will be a Gaga track with Ari as a feature, it won’t be an Ari song. So I don’t know why some are complaining bc they don’t like Ari’s music when it won’t be Ari’s song, she will only sing and most likely write her verse. It will still be a Gaga song, a Gaga concept, with Gaga in control. 

Lilbit
50 minutes ago, HeavyCapiLover said:

Why not make it a single when it could litteraly be a HUGE hit !

It’s going to be a hit regardless. Trust. It’s Ariana. The GP is obsessed. But not making it a single will attract people to the album, and not just the single. It’s a win-win. The feat will soar, and the album will get more attention/streams. 

MANiCURE 6

I quickly made this cover for CHROMATICA !

ESJdngHWkAE--il?format=jpg&name=4096x409

What do you guys thinks of it ? :pawsup:

I used this pic :

Spoiler

NFRatwell
17 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

Thanks💕

And I see that you fixed my "it", what's the difference between "is IT correct?" and "is THAT alright?"? 

I don't know if my question makes sense :messga:

“Is that correct...” kinda means you’re using that to refer to something you’ve already stated. But in your question you  use it to refer to something you’re about to say. For example:

You like dogs, is that correct?” this is right

”You like dogs, is it correct?” Is not right

vs.

”Is that correct, you like dogs?” Is not correct (well, it could be... English is a mess :billie:)

“is it correct that you like dogs?” this is correct

Do you guys think there will actually be a song called "Chromatica" in Chromatica? :oprah:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Sailor Joon

Have a feeling Stupid Luv will be her "Not Afraid" and the Ari collab will be the "Love The Way You Lie" of the era.

The album will be the Thriller of our generation 

Enjoy Dancing GIF

LUO YI

Y’all complaining about song lengths  :lmao: Longer doesn’t mean better. 

The release date is so close to my birthday:bradley: so happy. 

The night sky tells all

3 minutes ago, Red said:

Do you guys think there will actually be a song called "Chromatica" in Chromatica? :oprah:

Idk maybe that’s what Babylon actually is

maybe it was a codename

There could be a 1000 doves in the sky...

Sailor Joon

I hope the Gaga & Ariana collabo references their Italian heritage, especially since they're kinda like the female Da Vinci & Michelangelo of our generation.

AHHHHHHHHH super excited!

• FATCAT changed the title to 'Chromatica' Discussion - ACT I
  • Zilla locked this topic
  • FATCAT unpinned this topic

Archived