Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How much controversial was "Judas" in your country?

voidfigure

Featured Posts

voidfigure

Let's go back to 2011, when Gaga dropped "Judas" as a single around Easter time. During these years, I've heard a lot of different opinions about this song: some think it's satanic, some think it's fun, somebody took it way too seriously and somebody took it just exactly for what it was and still is, a good pop song. 

How much controversial was Judas in your country? I'm from Italy and here, despite it being a very religious country, I have heard only a small amount of fanatics complaining about it being satanic and all that. 

Discuss peacefully 

Mirrion Rizzons

In the U.K. we didn’t give a f*** lol I just remember finding the “juda juda a a” part funny 

then again I was 9 so 

but I mean it spent 5 weeks in the top 10 here so it wasn’t a bomb like in the us

voidfigure
2 minutes ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

2 minutes ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

In the U.K. we didn’t give a f*** lol I just remember finding the “juda juda a a” part funny 

then again I was 9 so 

but I mean it spent 5 weeks in the top 10 here so it wasn’t a bomb like in the us

In fact I remember it playing everywhere in UK during summer when I was visiting

Jose P

Well I was 9 so I don’t really remember if it was hugely controversial in the country, but in my family it was. I do remember the worldwide outrage and my grandma telling me Gaga was satanic and I shouldn’t listen to her :ladyhaha:

Haroon

I'd just moved to a Church of England school and people were debating it there :toofunny: I remember reading about it being controversial but I don't think people actually cared (if that makes sense?) :huh:

andreas85

I've never even heard it on radio here in Finland so basically there was no reaction at all. Rock, heavy metal and schlager are more popular here than pop.

In America, it was controversial mainly because it dropped close to Easter. Most people here forgave her when she immediately came out with TEOG and followed it up with Yoü and I.

Mirrion Rizzons
3 minutes ago, voidfigure said:

In fact I remember it playing everywhere in UK during summer when I was visiting

Yeah same I was surprised when I got older and realised it wasn’t as big in other countries Because it was a hit here 

Dr Fudge
5 minutes ago, Twitter said:

In America, it was controversial mainly because it dropped close to Easter. Most people here forgave her when she immediately came out with TEOG and followed it up with Yoü and I.

This. But it also marks one of her first missteps single wise, as it didn’t last long on the billboard hot 100. American monsters ate it up regardless because duhhhh.

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Monster Hair

Gaga's not much popular here (Perú), i mean yeah, everybody know her name but the all think she has only two songs: "Poker Face" and "Bad Romance" (and "Shallow" since the Oscars performance)... But honestly, when "Judas" was released on easter time (and here catholicism is sacred) everything was the same, i just heard some comments at my school, 2011 was the year i became a little monster and when i said Gaga had a song called "Judas" everybody thought i was weird for admiring a satanic artist lol... hard times but 9 years later i still jam to it :pawsup:

Lemondeduerl

Even though the conservatives are rising in Spain, my country is not that religious. I mean we celebrate with much passion the Holy Week and we venerate the saints and virgins but I think it wasn't very controversial. 

:)

judas is still my favorite visuals of her.

in Bulgaria it wasnt controversial, i think.

there is only one bitch // the real one // B R I T N E Y

Ocean Blvd
1 hour ago, voidfigure said:

Let's go back to 2011, when Gaga dropped "Judas" as a single around Easter time. During these years, I've heard a lot of different opinions about this song: some think it's satanic, some think it's fun, somebody took it way too seriously and somebody took it just exactly for what it was and still is, a song. 

How much controversial was Judas in your country? I'm from Italy and here, despite it being a very religious country, I have heard only a small amount of fanatics complaining about it being satanic and all that. 

Discuss peacefully 

anche io sono italiano :ally:

Archived