đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga and 'Judy'

OMonster

Featured Posts

OMonster

I watched  the film 'Judy' last night and, my goodness,  it was absolutely spectacular. 

One of the most emotional films I have possibly ever watched - but in a really unexpected way. 

Judy's longing for normality, whilst simultaneously living a life so far removed from reality, was heartbreaking to watch. 

Her vulnerability, her brokenness, her eagerness to love - this film is one of the rawest, most profound documentations of fame I have ever seen. 

And, of course - as a Little Monster - I couldn't help but think about Gaga's life and career, and be thankful for how she herself is no longer in the place she once was - a place that I think isn't all that dissimilar to where Judy eventually found herself. 

In the film, Judy says that the only true love she has really ever known is the one she receives from an audience. The film also makes clear how fame has destroyed her, but is also her lifeblood. There's a juxtaposition whereby it is having an audience that made her life so difficult, yet it is an audience she always longs for. The spotlight is her home.

You could say she lived for the applause. 

And that very sentiment reminded me of how Gaga was living her life for 'us' (the applause) - more than she was for herself and her own existence as a human being, not Lady Gaga.

The only love that felt real to her, at one stage, was the love from Little Monsters. We were her drug; fame was her addiction - 'if only fame had an IV, baby I could bear, being away from you, I've found the vein, put it in here'. 

Nowadays, though, Gaga has found a deep love for herself, love for her family, love for her friends - a love for life that is not dependent on art, as it once was. 

And whilst some of us on here can complain that this has impacted her artistry in different ways, you should really be thankful for that change. 

Watch Judy and you'll be thankful that Gaga has balance in her life once more. You'll see that Gaga could've been poisoned by the applause - by an obsession with her fans.

Also, as an almost side note, but still totally relevant - Renee Zellweger is absolutely OUTSTANDING as Judy Garland. For this alone, anyone should watch the film. It is a masterclass in acting and moving, beyond words, to witness Judy live through such a believable and transcendent performance. 

subtext / fantasy

ChromeAngel

I haven’t seen it but I’ve heard a lot of people say it’s not an accurate portrayal of her life. And as a Judy stan, and as someone who has already researched so much about her life over the years, I don’t really want to see it. Seems unnecessary. What could this movie show me that I don't already know? Maybe I’m wrong but that’s the reason why I haven’t watched it 

OMonster
2 minutes ago, ChromeAngel said:

I haven’t seen it but I’ve heard a lot of people say it’s not an accurate portrayal of her life. And as a Judy stan, and as someone who has already researched so much about her life over the years, I don’t really want to see it. Seems unnecessary. What could this movie show me that I don't already know? Maybe I’m wrong but that’s the reason why I haven’t watched it 

Oh, really?

I'm not so sure of the film's factuality. 

But if you're a Judy fan, I think you'll absolutely love it. 

No one could walk away from that film and not love Judy. 

Accurate or not, it paints her as a beautiful person. Nuanced but still beautiful. 

subtext / fantasy

3 minutes ago, ChromeAngel said:

I understand since im a mega fan. Notherless its a film, a piece of art. The story is not the most important but how its written and played out. Like any other film. I still havent seen it but will when feel like it

OMonster
9 minutes ago, Killa said:

I understand since im a mega fan. Notherless its a film, a piece of art. The story is not the most important but how its written and played out. Like any other film. I still havent seen it but will when feel like it

This article gives the low down on the film's accuracy. 

Overall, seems pretty accurate aside from a few creative liberties. 

I think any fan of Judy would appreciate the film - it's a touching portrayal of someone who was treated so awfully, yet still had heart.

subtext / fantasy

Pop Music

fantastic film 

I love Judy 

Gaga đź’ťTaylor đź’ťCarly Rae đź’ťRina đź’ťMARINA đź’ťBritneyđź’ťLights đź’ťShania đź’ťSigridđź’ť

Monster Hair

Omg! I watched that movie last week and i thought the same! Glad i'm not the only one 

Yeah, at the end of the movie (considering that Judy and Gaga had the same role on ASIB and they're both legends and vocal queens) i couldn't help myself thinking in how much we should appreciate artists, in our cases Gaga, yes, it definitely made me feel grateful to have her as my bigges idol, she gives it all on stage, even though physical pain... Judy's fans must have felt the same way for her idol.

Spoiler

That scene where she has dinner with two fans really touched my heart. Just as you said, fans were the ones who really loved her. Idk i just imagined how would i feel having a dinner with Gaga and then playing the piano while she sings, omg i would cry so much because she and her music had helped me a lot in life and that's why i love her, just like those Judy fans

Wonderful movie!

Archived