💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Birds of Prey Title Changes to Harley Quinn Amid Box Office Flop

Featured Posts

beaublue
11 hours ago, M Monstre said:

I can't speak to the merits of the movie because I haven't seen it yet. That said, from what I have heard, it seems like it's a fun and enjoyable movie. This reminds me of when Captain Marvel opened. All of these internet trolls and misogynists were tying to tear that movie down because Brie Larson said that there needs to be more inclusion in movies and media. ****ing stupid. They must feel so emasculated as to tear down a female lead superhero movie just because the lead actress says that there needs to be more inclusion.

That said, so far this movie is underperforming. And it's not just slightly, it's opening weekend numbers were awful. As someone who follows movies and movie news religiously, this is not a good sign. It's projected numbers were, I think, $50-60 million. To open $20 million less  than the lower bound of projections is terrible. Shazam opened with $50+ million and is the lowest opening for a DCEU movie. All they needed to do was beat that.

I've seen the movie & I generally liked it BUT I can see why it's failing. It's not like Captain Marvel or Wonder Woman. Both of those movies were inclusive & portrayed men in a negative & positive light. Birds of Prey only portrays them negatively. Every single male in the movie is made out to be a horrible, misogynistic insane person. Not to mention they promoted the movie as having gay representation which in reality it doesn't. The movie isn't even about the Birds of Prey! The team doesn't even form until the last 10 minutes of the movie & Harley isn't even apart of it. I personally didn't have an issue with how the men were portrayed but I can understand not wanting to see a movie that paints all men as bad or gives no one for you to identify with. Wonder Woman & Captain Marvel's villain's were both male but they both also had males on the hero's side that men could connect with & it didn't take away from Wonder Woman/Captain Marvel or somehow make it seem like they couldn't save the day without a mans help. Come to think of it, the men in Captain Marvel & Carols past were all portrayed in a bad light & rightfully so but they also had Fury. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
littlepotter

80% is still a great score especially for a comic book movie... what are they smoking

chaeri pls

Archived