💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

“Stupid Love” music video still leaks

Petrichor

Featured Posts

FlopSlurper
6 minutes ago, Hurem said:

I can't believe you're actually complaining about her label not paying the radios to play the song, which is literally illegal. :rip:

Big payola will give you bigger points for Hot 100 obviously, which will result in higher peaks, that doesn't mean the song is a hit. There are plenty of songs who had huge radio payola but its sales+streaming numbers are horrible. But I guess you're one of those people who believe Hot 100 peaks are what define if song was a hit or not.

It's not illegal and I already responded to another user with a link explaining it.

Paying streaming services to  put your songs in every playlist possible is modern day payloa, both give you exposure and both shove the songs down people's throat. 

Bottom of the story is that shallow's low radio points could've costed her the #1 and her team didn't do anything about it.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
illySpencer

I see ppl who are complaigning about the artists who pay for streaming, well before that they also paid for radio deals, TV deals, promo deal and no one said anything. It's like that since the beginning of promo, nothing very shocking in there.   

Alerts the entire base about a leak, then forbids us to share it only until after certain people get it :rip: 

this place never fails to make me scream 

who will love me when the night is over

FlopSlurper
4 minutes ago, Melissa Vandella said:

Yep. By this standard, then Dope is a middle hit, since it peaked at #8 on the Hot 100 :laughga:

That's the same as them placing the song on playlists to gain streams 💀 

I'm not arguing what makes a hit, a hit. all I said is that her team is far from being the reason why shallow went #1, it was mostly due to the movie's success which was thanks to warner bros, not interscope or her team. Her team did minimal standard promo.

18 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

It's not illegal and I already responded to another user with a link explaining it.

Paying streaming services to  put your songs in every playlist possible is modern day payloa, both give you exposure and both shove the songs down people's throat. 

Bottom of the story is that shallow's low radio points could've costed her the #1 and her team didn't do anything about it.

Spotify playlisting isn't the same as radio payola. Users have the option to skip the song, which means there's a possibility of not pulling big numbers. Paying the radio to play the song guarantees big numbers and it's straight up paying for Hot 100 points. :rip:

How can you not tell the difference? :rip: 

FlopSlurper
8 minutes ago, Hurem said:

Spotify playlisting isn't the same as radio payola. Users have the option to skip the song, which means there's a possibility of not pulling big numbers. Paying the radio to play the song guarantees big numbers and it's straight up paying for Hot 100 points. :rip:

How can you not tell the difference? :rip: 

It's still paying a company to push your songs for you except one is more effective than the other 💀

DiegoMonster

Got to see the pic, I don’t want to share details but it looks really promising, I hope she releases the song soon :/ 

7 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

It's still paying a company to push your songs for you except one is more effective than the other 💀

I agree it’s the same thing but radio payola is technically illegal :sis: 

2 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

according to this source as long as the money goes to the radio station and  not the dj, and it's stated that the song is sponsored then it isn't

https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/fccs-payola-rules

I don’t think radios ever actually state a song is sponsored/promoted though, especially songs that have died on every other metric but radio still plays them 20x a day. But I didn’t know there were legal ways, I thought they all just pretended it didn’t happen :teehee:

41 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, DonatellaPop said:

Oh god nono not again, we can't have this era be crushed like this. I can't even begin imagining what Gaga is feeling right now (Unless this was set up)

Her team ****ING suck. I'm getting a little annoyed over all this **** now. Sign a new record deal, ditch Bobby and sort it out. It's a mess, all of it. It cannot be that hard to prevent leaks. Encrypt & secure. It can't be.

Archived