Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Stupid Love: "the chorus is just a phrase"

The Z

Featured Posts

I saw some fans complaining about the fact that Stupid Love's chorus is just one sentence.

You can have your opinion, and I understand that if you're not a fan of vocal breaks it might not be your thing and it's ok, BUT let me remind you of:

- John Wayne: "dap bee doo, dap dap bee doo ap dee doo, baby, let's get high, John Wayne"

- Heavy Metal Lover: "oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh uh uh, uh uh, heavy metal lover"

- Monster: "that boy is a monster, m-m-m-m-monster, that boy is a monster, m-m-m-m-monster"

- Teeth: "show me your teeth" 

- Government Hooker: "hoooookaaaaaah (yeah you're my hooker/government hooker)"

- Americano: "aaaaaaah, america, americano"

- G.U.Y.: "I wanna be that G.U.Y., the girl under you, guy"

- ARTPOP: "we could we could belong together ARTPOP"

- Joanne "girl where do yo think you're goin', goin' girl"

- Perfect Illusion "It wasn't love, it wasn't love, it was a perfect illusion"

- Why Did You Do That?: "why did you do that do that do that do that do that to me?"

Just sayin' :vegas:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
stevana229

yeah but all those songs had better melodies and were backed up by good pre choruses, post choruses, and bridges

It was the same thing when Perfect Illusion was released, it's like people have just found out about Gaga :fail:

TropicOfCANCER
1 minute ago, stevana229 said:

yeah but all those songs had better melodies and were backed up by good pre choruses, post choruses, and bridges

Shush. SL’s pre-chorus is godly. 

1 minute ago, stevana229 said:

Stupid Love has MANY hooks, and probably the best pre-chorus of Gaga's discography

Sepsami
5 minutes ago, stevana229 said:

lol @ u pretending that the pre-chorus isn't good 

be gone "newbie" :triggered:

NFRatwell
2 minutes ago, stevana229 said:

I know you did not just come for that prechorus... one of the best in her career so far lol

malazam

Are u stating that SL pre-chorus is bad? 

another shot before we kiss the other side

thehanyo

music today needs to get through the first verse / pre-chorus / and chorus all really quickly to keep the viewer hooked. it's kinda the same reason why you see tiny mini-trailers before trailers of movies now.

2 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

probably the best pre-chorus of Gaga's discography

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks so :diane:

GUYYYYYSSSSSSS thank you for defending the pre-chorus to death,

it's already my favorite part of Gaga's discography, and it made me cry

the way she sings it… you can hear the hope and the pain, it's so pure and honest:heart::kara:

7 minutes ago, stevana229 said:

If you don't have gaga saying "look at me" in your head all day after listening to stupid love then you did not listen to the song lol this pre-chorus is amazing, and the head tone is the bridge is phenomenally transitioned into a belt. Queen of building momentum

2 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

GUYYYYYSSSSSSS thank you for defending the pre-chorus to death,

it's already my favorite part of Gaga's discography, and it made me cry

the way she sings it… you can hear the hope and the pain, it's so pure and honest:heart::kara:

That pre-chorus is some otherwordly, nostalgic, orgasmic, hopeful sounding, euphoric SHITTT. Best part of the song, damn straight, period.

10 minutes ago, stevana229 said:

GET OUTTA HERE!! Bad pre-chorus!?! :ladyhaha:

stevana229
9 minutes ago, malazam said:

Are u stating that SL pre-chorus is bad? 

no not all... I agree its one of her best pre choruses, but it cant carry the entire song... like I said in another post, its a shame to waste such a good pre chorus on a chorus that falls super flat. I still have hope that the studio version will have new lyrics in the chorus 

Archived