opinion

Stupid Love is sooo gooooooood

StuckInMyMind

Featured Posts

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sandrology

I'm in shock right now. THIS is exactly what I wanted from GAGA since 6 years!

The message, the production, the lyrics, the 80s synth pop with a modern twist, her matured voice and vocal abilities. 

When she sang the "All I ever wanted was love" my mouth dropped, 

Haters gonna hate, They will crawl back to us others who enjoy it, when it goes trough the roof and makes her big comeback. Same for Shallow. Half of this toxic people here hated Shallow and now it's her new Bad Romance size hit.

Gov Hooka
2 minutes ago, jfkk said:

its interesting u say this and i totally respect the view but for me the chorus instantly stuck in my head even from the snippet, i find the chorus on stupid love way more of an earworm than anything she has done in a long time

so its interesting how varied the views are on it! thats kinda cool actually

idk I'm having a hard time finding a consistent, memorable melody in the chorus. the prechorus, which everyone seems to love, is only five notes that follow the chord progression. We definitely might be very at odds because rn this is a contender to be my least favorite Gaga song of all time. :/ 

Also I just took out the song on the piano and it's not doing anything for me the way her past lead singles have done. There's just nothing melodically exciting that I can play. 

BlingNotTheMusic

Pros: boppy, clubby, instantly catchy, vocals on point, production is top notch 

Cons: basic lyrics, we've heard "I want your love" how many times?, isn't as edgy or iconic as I was expecting. Some have mentioned the lack of poetic, smart lyricism and I have to agree. Especially with how Gaga has spoken about being a 30+ yo woman in the pop world. Was hoping the lyrics and subject matter would be more witty but still fun. 

ANYWAYS HOW GLAD ARE WE THAT WE (almost) HAVE NEW GAGA DANCE MUSIC WHAT WHAT!!!!

2 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

No sis. We want the music to be good and meaningful and possibly also the GP to appreciate it.

do u not think the album will be full of really meaningful stuff?

i rly reject this notion that if there's just a fun song about dancing or having fun that it's not "meaningful and special" enough or smth, like what?

a HUGE part of gaga's appeal is being able to make people let down their guard and feel good and be vulnerable and dance and i get that hugely from this song !!!! i want the song to be huge w the gp !!!! i want ppl to dance to gaga !!! i want ppl to sing along to gaga !!!!! thatd be so cathartic again

like that in itself is pretty meaningful to me, the vibes i get from SL are super carefree, laid back, and being able to listen to this and feel good means a lot

so i guess weeee :ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell: disagree :ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell:

Please. We're still in the hype phase and some of you are already spoiling it with your odd feelings about the song. :green:

Could you at least keep it 'til the song is officially  released?

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

TheGagaOfItAll

can someone pls DM me the song i cannot find it lol

Nobody's gonna heal me if I don't open the door

SHALLOW
10 minutes ago, jfkk said:

i rly reject this notion that if there's just a fun song about dancing or having fun that it's not "meaningful and special" enough or smth, like what?

a HUGE part of gaga's appeal is being able to make people let down their guard and feel good and be vulnerable and dance and i get that hugely from this song !!!! i want the song to be huge w the gp !!!! i want ppl to dance to gaga !!! i want ppl to sing along to gaga !!!!! thatd be so cathartic again

like that in itself is pretty meaningful to me, the vibes i get from SL are super carefree, laid back, and being able to listen to this and feel good means a lot

so i guess weeee :ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell: disagree :ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell:

This song isn't that bad actually. Vocals and production are on point but title and lyrics keep screaming Ava Max for me and i like Ava but what i want from Ava is different than what i want from Gaga, you get it?

SHALLOW
10 minutes ago, jfkk said:

This song isn't that bad actually. Vocals and production are on point but title and lyrics keep screaming Ava Max for me and i like Ava but what i want from Ava is different than what i want from Gaga, you get it?

Stewful2929

In my opinion if this is a real lead single by her it’s her worst yet. It’s extremely repetitive, and the lyrics are lazy. The beat sounds like the song from the Simpsons. I don’t think it is a legit song. I think it is old, and they leaked it as a joke. 

Archived