💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Gaga’s Jazz Discography

NFRatwell

Featured Posts

NFRatwell

Gaga’s not shy to trying different genres. But while some come and go, like her infusing techno and country into her pop music, jazz has been there from the beginning of her career. One Grammy award winning jazz album, multiple jazz singles and features, and a jazz residency that’s more successful than her “pop” show later,  it’s almost strange how her reputation in the genre goes almost unnoticed by fans, and even herself. Why is it that a genre that means so much to her, that it got its own residency in Vegas, is not more significant in her discography? In her legacy? :enigma: converse little hoesters 

Simple. The name Lady Gaga holds a connotation to pop music. Even though she is amazing in jazz and has been critically acclaimed several times. It could be that she hasn’t created any jazz records of her own. 

FfFfFfFF

It is relevant in her discography to the extend that is possible to be. Of course she won't get hits from it or sell millions first week with jazz albums but C2C was #1 and did really great, as you said. Jazz will always be more of a side project to her discography because she is first and foremost a pop artist.

What I'm curious is what original material she can write in this genre though.

Just now, FfFfFfFF said:

What I'm curious is what original material she can write in this genre though.

I (hope to see) can see her doing a jazz-pop ballad album. Very Adele-esque in her 40s. 

FfFfFfFF
7 minutes ago, Twitter said:

I (hope to see) can see her doing a jazz-pop ballad album. Very Adele-esque in her 40s. 

Imagine an album full of these:

6 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

I would die for this. She could easily master a unique pop-jazz genre and do many successful residencies in Vegas with the sound xo

4 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

YES! At this point in her career I wouldn’t mind LG7 being this.

Didymus

Because she only sings jazz covers :huh:

If she released a self-written jazz album (or a 50/50 situation), things would be different. But it's very clear that jazz has always taken a backseat to other things in her career. Even during C2C it was obvious the jazz focus was mostly there for rebranding purposes, to distract the audience from the fact that her own original music was tanking.

I really do hope Gaga writes some of her own jazz or at least records a cover album in solo form so she can really shine in the genre. She's obviously got talent for it.

NFRatwell
6 minutes ago, Twitter said:

YES! At this point in her career I wouldn’t mind LG7 being this.

this too :messga:

Just now, NFRockwell said:

this too :messga:

This is why I wanted her Jazz/Piano shows to be her discography converted into jazz and acoustic.

blankpaper

Her label could be limiting it too. Jazz isn’t going to do anything on the charts

the jazz residency is more successful than the pop one, but could that be because there’s far fewer jazz dates? So it  sells out faster and they can drive up the ticket prices because of supply and demand

reality’s tight if the music is right

Queen should become a Jazz cover artist with periodic pop singles every now and then. :giveup:

𝐢 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭

Archived