Stupid Love
Sign in to follow this  
society

$26k raised 4 Target employee bc a troll was not sold a toothbrush 4 $0.01

Featured Posts

Blue Lagoon

5e232f43ab49fd4d8c694643?width=600&forma

A self-identified "award-winning multimedia journalist" became the target of outrage on Twitter after he posted a picture of a Massachusetts Target manager and claimed he called the police on her because she wouldn't sell him an electric toothbrush for one cent. 

David Leavitt, who is verified on Twitter, tweeted pictures of "Tori" the store manager, a display for an Oral-B Pro 5000 toothbrush with a price tag for $0.01, and a screenshot of a webpage about the Massachusetts Item Pricing Law, which requires that stores sell items at the lowest price indicated on a sign or advertisment.

That law also states that if there is a discrepancy between the price listed on the shelf and what the item rings up as, the customer should be given a $10 deduction from the lowest advertised price. Leavitt went on to claim that Target "refused" to sell him the toothbrush and so he called the police.

Leavitt then tweeted that the police "verified" that the price of the toothbrush was listed as $0.01 and that "Tori refused to sell me the toothbrush for the displayed price." He said the police "said I need to sue them" and that they would make a report of the incident to "take to court."

5e233213ab49fd641619a6e3?width=600&forma

A GoFundMe was started by a third party on behalf of "Tori" called "Send #TargetTori on a Vacation" and has since raised more than $26,000. 

Additionally, he wrote in a follow-up tweet that "I have not been able to afford to go to a dentist in over three years. So yes I wanted a good toothbrush and was thrilled to see such an amazing prize on an @OralB but @target refused to honor it and now I have to take them to court."

Other Twitter users pointed outthat Leavitt tweeted "#YouAreWinningWhen you get the dentist's office waiting room to turn off Fox News" on April 24, 2018, contradicting his claim that he hadn't been to a dentist in over three years. 

When Leavitt last went majorly viral, it was because he tweeted "The last time I listened to Ariana Grande I almost died too" the day of the Manchester Arena bombing at a Grande concert that left 23 people dead. After that tweet received media attention for the backlash it sparked, both CBS and AXS disavowed him.

5e233e7aab49fd5179627054?width=600&forma

"We guarantee the funds raised will be sent directly to the intended beneficiary," GoFundMe told Insider in an emailed statement. "If we cannot make contact or the beneficiary refuses the funds, donors will be fully refunded."

https://www.insider.com/david-leavitt-gofundme-target-manager-one-cent-toothbrush-twitter-thread-2020-1

visit the GFM here: 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-tori-take-a-vacation-from-target

• Like 2

Economy

These are the matters that put demand on the justice system and Lawyers to deal with and makes real serious cases drag trying to find court available slots

good bye no GIF

• Like 3

PartySick

I hope she does get her vacation though :flutter:

Retail people have to put up with the STUPIDEST sh*t :toofunny:

I'm a person and the person that I am can change 🥀
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Twitter
9 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Retail people have to put up with the STUPIDEST sh*t :toofunny:

Been there and can agree. 

An American online news and social networking service.

LGs LM

Over a friggin' toothbrush...the brain cells I just lost. :saladga:

• Like 2

GypsyVida

It's a f***ing toothbrush

I promise it's not that serious :saladga:

Be My Baby background vocals from 2:54-3:00
  • Like 2

derpmonster

People say LMs are petty :vegas: imagine if we decided to sue Bobby when they listed the digital version of ASIB as "sold out" 

Join my FB Gaga sh*tposting group: I'll Never Release LG6 https://www.facebook.com/groups/185450449037808/
  • LMAO 2

ltlmnstr
3 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

People say LMs are petty :vegas: imagine if we decided to sue Bobby when they listed the digital version of ASIB as "sold out" 

We got suing money???

• LMAO 3

PoshLife

OMG the person raising money for her was able to make contact with her and get her in touch with GoFundMe, so she's definitely getting the money! That's awesome. :party: 

As for the "aWaRd-wInNiNG mUlTiMediA joURnaList":

creek creek butter cartman yaoi kyle creek creek
  • LMAO 1

littlepotter

I mean... it's the law. He's right. 

But there's a saying I love that goes "you're not wrong, you're just an asshole". 

• Like 1

PoshLife
2 hours ago, littlepotter said:

I mean... it's the law. He's right. 

But there's a saying I love that goes "you're not wrong, you're just an asshole". 

The law needs to be changed. I'm sure it exists to keep companies from adding hidden fees to sticker prices, which is anti-consumer. But to point at that law to get a store to honor what is obviously either a typo or the way Target identifies something as not-for-sale (the display toothbrush that isn't even in a box) is ridiculous.

I hope Target will stick by its principles even if this worthless piece of crap sues them. He wanted to go viral for getting a practically-free toothbrush; I hope he goes viral for being an a-hole.

creek creek butter cartman yaoi kyle creek creek

The Fame

I love that he claims "I have not been able to afford to go to a dentist in over three years" YET he has the funds to take a MAJOR CORPORATION to court? Certain lawyer fees for as little as one hour of time can be DOUBLE what a dental cleaning would cost. LIAR. 

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

Economy
38 minutes ago, The Fame said:

I love that he claims "I have not been able to afford to go to a dentist in over three years" YET he has the funds to take a MAJOR CORPORATION to court? Certain lawyer fees for as little as one hour of time can be DOUBLE what a dental cleaning would cost. LIAR. 

I see this all the time :air:

There's those people that genuinly struggle and are always on the edge financially trying to get by

And then there's those that claim to be on the edge that can't afford anything that the system sucks etc and then I see them with a brand new iphone that I can't afford :neyde:

Bishes like this that are just bad at handling money (or exxagerate their situation) normalize financial struggles to a standard that makes people that are actually living in true poverty (ak paying for the basics is a challange) less noticed in conversations but it takes the emphasis off what struggling really is

I learned that lesson that hard way. I used to complain until I went thru a phase after getting married where my wife had lost her job and for health reasons I also missed some hours and even just sticking to the basics we drowned into a lot of debt (things are better now and I'm almost done paying that off and we are not on the basics or on the edge anymore fortunately)

But it made me realize what real struggle is. When every dollar counts and something as simple as buying a chocolate bar at the store has to be scrutinized. Now I'm still on a budget but it's not poverty, I can afford a few things I don't need, so I try not to complain even tho I still wish I had more money to work with

So it annoys me when there's some individuals that complain about what they can't afford and sometimes you know their situation and you know they are exxagerating because there's ppl that are actually in that situation for real

• Like 1

JusKeepBreathin

Honestly as a person who works retail. The toothbrush was listed at the wrong price. The manager should have given it to him at the price listed.

The reporter didn't have to be an asshole and put it all over social media like a megalomaniac who claims to be a victim tho. 

People need to stop with the insanity that is social media and realize when they are acting like self righteous d*cks. 

Edited by JusKeepBreathin
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • Like 1

Economy
6 hours ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Honestly as a person who works retail. The toothbrush was listed at the wrong price. The manager should have given it to him at the price listed.

The reporter didn't have to be an asshole and put it all over social media like a megalomaniac who claims to be a victim tho. 

People need to stop with the insanity that is social media and realize when they are acting like self richeous d*cks. 

I see two sides to this

The law is that it has to be sold at listed price. If a mistake was made that's targets problem and the manager should of just given it to him

But on the flip side I also think it's very extra to make a big media thing about it because it's obvious it was a mistake and what not and customer wanted to take advantage to get something for free and turned it into a thing when he didn't get it

Corporations can be gready we know that already. But sometimes everyday ppl take advantage of the system too when they can

I don't feel sorry for either side here

Edited by Economy
  • Like 1