💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Rolling Stone: Tony Bennett and Gaga to make a jazz album

exoskeleton123

Featured Posts

HybridWarhol

Oooh! I have the feeling that such a jazz album will slay big time, if ever it sees the light of day. I've been waiting for this for so long (well at least since I know Gags). And I can't at close minded fans wanting to limit Gaga to only one kind of music, at least do appreciate the fact that she is so talented that she can straddle multiple musical genres. Very few other b---hes can do that.

This. :tea: :clap:

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't at with all these single-genre minded fans only wanting Gaga to do ghey dance/pop.

She has opened my eyes to so many different genres that I might not have ever listened to and now like.....I just don't get it. Reinvention is her thing.

But she mentioned at the Radio 1 gig last year she was going to do a jazz album, just because it's mentioned again wouldn't necessarily confirm a near release.

Not a huge jazz fanatic, but would love to see what Gaga comes out with; it would definately be an album where her voice could flourish.

I hope only 8 or so songs. I really liked "The Lady Is A Tramp" - maybe some more old jazz or even new jazz, that'd be great. To be honest, I don't think she will get distracted. I look forward to it. :sara:

giskardsb

But she mentioned at the Radio 1 gig last year she was going to do a jazz album, just because it's mentioned again wouldn't necessarily confirm a near release.

The fact that Tony mentions a musical director and a song selection would indicate it's closer than you might expect. I bet she'll record it sometime soon after the tour ends.

Why do some of you care how many songs they do? It's going to be a side project, not take the place of ARTPOP. And Jazz isn't like pop recording, it's always improvised to some extent and vocal takes are recorded live generally without overdubbing. They'll get a great band together and bang that sucker out in a day or two of recording.

Archived