Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Who should direct the first MV from LG6?

Glamourpuss

Featured Posts

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glamourpuss
4 minutes ago, freemymindARTPOP said:

little ASIBsters.., ITS BEEN 2 YEARS. TOO YEARS. I- NO. NO. NO. NO. 

imagine Bradley Cooper directing the MV for an hard electronic dance track by BoysNoize, BloodPop and maybe SOPHIE:awkney:

Nooooo not because I'm still holding on to that. I just like their working relationship and I'd like an opportunity for them to work together on one of her projects some time. :)

I agree it sounds silly for him to direct an MV for an electronic pop song. Perhaps he could direct for MR's equivalent if there is one on this album or the next. 

Blown Away

Who said there'll be a music video? With Gaga you never know :huntyga:

Spoiler

I'd like it to be Francis Lawrence actually. I love how clean the Bad Romance video looks. Not to mention I love the Run The World video. No Joseph Kahn please, he'll make it an overload on  CGI.

They shipped it, but it got shipped back

freemymindARTPOP
Just now, Glamourpuss said:

Nooooo not because I'm still holding on to that. I just like their working relationship and I'd like an opportunity for them to work together on one of her projects some time. :)

I know they have great chemistry (:trollga:) but it was a one time thing I feel like :lolly:

like imagine him directing the new MV:wtfga: he would be like "Ally this isn´t you:oprah:, EVERBODY CUT I NEED BROWN HAIR AND A BASIC WARDROBE AND NO ELECTRONIC PAN SOUNDS WHAT IS THIS ****" like girlie no:awkney:

freemymindARTPOP
1 minute ago, MANiCURE 6 said:

I want the first music video for LG6 to be like this :

Hide contents

me too

edit: NOT kidding

edit pt. 2: "insane, scaring" :bradley:

Very solid question, great holiday fun

Tbh, (and this is going to be inconsequential rambling so, just pretense heads up / warning) I feel like it’s heavily dependent on the vision for the video / single (?) / album / era … Jonas is the epic director, the cinematic zeitgeist maestro … Nick Knight is the fashion film as motion visual motif guy, the world is your runway, this is an aural “collection” sort of scope … Steven Klein feels more apocalyptic easing toward editorial, like lingering on the fringes of dancing in the dystopia space … Lobster Eye feel like fast fashion film or hyper mood but immerse in an instantaneous impulse … Inez and Vinoodh feel editorial artistic / that dutch cinema sort of hints of german / french feels but idk tbh, I&V feel like they direct Gaga’s inherent artist’s cinematic scene — whatever that may be … but this is all rambling, since cinema and motion picture are by definition — ineffable and exist in the realm of image, which makes it difficult to translate into words ; but so it is and here we are … so I feel like it‘s tough to make a definitive call until there’s more a vibe on the vision / message / mission of the album or era (if any of any of the aforementioned makes any sense)

That said, regardless of any of the aforementioned … I think at this stage in the creative trajectory … Gaga should direct the lead video … but in a way that involves / incorporates creative collaborators, or is a creative collaboration (a la G.U.Y: An ARTPOP Film, and Marry the Night … and echoes of Judas tbh)

Glamourpuss

If she actually has collaborated with Grimes, I like the idea of Grimes directing. 

She directed and edited this video...

Daylight Jokers
30 minutes ago, freemymindARTPOP said:

like imagine him directing the new MV:wtfga: he would be like "Ally this isn´t you:oprah:, EVERBODY CUT I NEED BROWN HAIR AND A BASIC WARDROBE AND NO ELECTRONIC PAN SOUNDS WHAT IS THIS ****" like girlie no:awkney:

That's not how directors work though. They may have their own style but it's not like they can't switch themes. Look at Luca Guadagnino. He went from directing Call Me by Your Name to Suspiria. Todd Phillips also went from directing The Hangover to Joker. The difference between these movies is jarring.

freemymindARTPOP
1 minute ago, LGs LM said:

That's not how directors work though. They may have their own style but it's not like they can't switch themes. Look at Luca Guadagnino. He went from directing Call Me by Your Name to Suspiria. Todd Phillips also went from directing The Hangover to Joker. The difference between these movies is jarring.

yeah but cant really see Bradley Cooper directing that MV:awkney:

Archived