❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎
opinion

The DWUW Instrumental

seashellplay

Featured Posts

seashellplay

Imo, the DWUW instrumental is better than the actual song? ... for some reason? I've always associated the track with that O2 advert where she is messing around in the room comprised of balloons, and the whole 'modern, flowing' quality of DWUW is more noticeable in the instrumental. 

Something about the track gives me a 'artist's/pop culture's muse' - It feels like the future is emerging in 3d color!

I see where you're coming from but I think the song is much better with Christina or the solo version Tbh.

Do y'all remember the version with RICK ROSS of all f*cking people. :messga:

15 minutes ago, Floppy said:

I see where you're coming from but I think the song is much better with Christina or the solo version Tbh.

This one? :derpga:

sillynate
38 minutes ago, Floppy said:

I liked it and I think he didn’t deserve to get the boot with the original version and all its remixes :nails: shoulda slapped him on at the beginning of the Christina version :grr:

sillynate
56 minutes ago, seashellplay said:

Imo, the DWUW instrumental is better than the actual song? ... for some reason? I've always associated the track with that O2 advert where she is messing around in the room comprised of balloons, and the whole 'modern, flowing' quality of DWUW is more noticeable in the instrumental. 

Something about the track gives me a 'artist's/pop culture's muse' - It feels like the future is emerging in 3d color!

You ever heard of that “imagining colors when listening to music” mumbo jumbo? What color(s) do you imagine when you hear this instrumental? 

I see this color: 

Spoiler

Purplecom.jpg 

Call me crazy but that instrumental is purple.

8 minutes ago, sillynate said:

I liked it and I think he didn’t deserve to get the boot with the original version and all its remixes :nails: shoulda slapped him on at the beginning of the Christina version :grr:

I would definitely take that over anything r.kelly related... gross. :messga:

seashellplay
17 hours ago, sillynate said:

You ever heard of that “imagining colors when listening to music” mumbo jumbo? What color(s) do you imagine when you hear this instrumental? 

I see this color: 

Hide contents

Purplecom.jpg 

Yes, I absolutely love music synesthesia. I love discussing it. I've always envisioned DWUW as orange, Applause as bluish/purple, gypsy as neon blue and G.U.Y. as darker purple

Defmix100
19 hours ago, ProjectJoanne said:

This one? :derpga:

the best part is the opening synths, wish they had that at the beginning of the official one

18 hours ago, sillynate said:

I see this color: 

Hide contents

Purplecom.jpg 

It's always been this type of palette for me:

2be49dd7feaa63a9f5e0b2f2536f5570.png

One of the reasons ARTPOP is my favourite album is because it's got so many different colours going on per track

freemymindARTPOP
1 hour ago, seashellplay said:

Yes, I absolutely love music synesthesia. I love discussing it. I've always envisioned DWUW as orange, Applause as bluish/purple, gypsy as neon blue and G.U.Y. as darker purple

sorry to turn this into a ARTPOP synesthesia thread :toofunny:

but i have always imagined Do What You Want as like a mirrored silver or a coblt blue

and i agree, the DWUW instrumental is amazing!!!

JudasJustDance

DWUW IS so good:saladga: successfully  dipped her toes into R&B. too bad R kelly tainted it. 

a masterpiece :messga:

seashellplay
5 minutes ago, JudasJustDance said:

DWUW IS so good:saladga: successfully  dipped her toes into R&B. too bad R kelly tainted it. 

a masterpiece :messga:

I know right. I cannot believe Gaga chose to collaborate with a rapist, simply due to her insecurity of venturing into a black-dominated genre (RnB) and felt the need to have R.Kelly to compensate for her paranoia. I love the track, it is one of the best tracks on ARTPOP. If only she had just done a solo, and a non-sexual video was released (the sexual tones of the original video would've undermined the message of persistence/confidence anyways) 

21 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

It's always been this type of palette for me:

2be49dd7feaa63a9f5e0b2f2536f5570.png

One of the reasons ARTPOP is my favourite album is because it's got so many different colours going on per track

This, I’ve ALWAYS seen a blue color, even before I saw that artRave octopus costume :firega:

freemymindARTPOP
2 minutes ago, seashellplay said:

I know right. I cannot believe Gaga chose to collaborate with a rapist, simply due to her insecurity of venturing into a black-dominated genre (RnB) and felt the need to have R.Kelly to compensate for her paranoia. I love the track, it is one of the best tracks on ARTPOP. If only she had just done a solo, and a non-sexual video was released (the sexual tones of the original video would've undermined the message of persistence/confidence anyways) 

i agree with everything you just said :vegas:

i’ve always preferred the solo version over the R.Kelly or whatever other collab

Archived