💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Haus Labs palette PANNED on reddit

Supersonic

Featured Posts

Sepsami

I hate these "I don't know anything about makeup but *insert comment on why HL is bad*"

Like just don't comment on it then :neyde:

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Borislshere

Honestly the pallet looks like drug store make up. Nothing exciting, nothing new. It would’ve been nice for her first pallet to be something crazy. What better person to push the boundaries of makeup than lady Gaga yet I feel every product is the bare minimum. Nothing eye catching or new. 

Ok but like... “what’s this doing that no one else is? Why why why?” Well the formula is apparently quite good. That alone is a differentiator. Also let me just say “Gaga could have sold crazy shades!” except could she? I wouldn’t be so sure Lol if you want performance makeup get performance makeup. This is quite clearly not that so why keep harping on it?

Idk for me I care more about a really quality product than I do some super wow crazy things. That “Chains” glam attack shade is stunning and that lipstick is a perfect red. And I am told the eyeliner is really such a great quality pen. I find that more important than crazy stuff because that stuff often ends up looking cheap and not worthy of an investment to people who would never wear that (most people in their day to day or even night).

Reddit is really not the place to find solid opinions in stuff. I like the site, but people can be just nasty and cruel on there. For instance, no one has used this palette and yet just a few pictures somehow inspired this much hatred lololol

I wouldn’t pay attention to haters. It’s some toxic vuju to bring into your life for no reason. My friend “loves makeup” and does it, too and I find it exhausting. If you like something, buy it. If not, don’t. Idk why people feel that everything warrants their contribution of opinion. Sure you *can* speak on whatever you’d like, but why would you want to just be angry, offended, irritated, etc. if you don’t have to be? over *makeup* of all things? :laughga: Gonna need some good skincare for holding all that toxicity in ya skin like that m. Maybe HL can make a line of Whiner Skin Wipes, for all these folk lolol

Zander

Everything about Haus Labs feels like Gaga except the actual product. I get it though she’s playing it safe but it would of been nice of if she had 1 uniquely interesting product that felt on brand with her uniquely interesting self. I just feel like there’s a certain disassociation. 

Reality

People complain about not getting enough “crazy” shades, but then do you think those same people are willing to wear those same “crazy” shades out in public? You need something wearable so that the majority of people can actually WEAR it.

I’m 1000% sure that there are more palettes coming, and I’m 1000% sure we’re going to get more “crazy” colors there, so there’s no need to worry.

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

Reality

I can’t with some of y’all hating on HL, but then every time a new photoshoot gets released, y’all are like “OMG THIS IS THE BEST SHE’S EVER LOOKED! WE LOVE HL! YAAAASSS!!”

Like, pick a damn side. Do y’all hate it or love it???

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

Supersonic
30 minutes ago, SimplyTheBest said:

From a business standpoint, isn't this smarter? The company is new and has to make money, I doubt the "extraness" would be everybody's taste. It's just a few people (especially stans) who can't let go of her old self, and some hardcore fans will hate this but she is much much more liked now than ever before, go look at any popular post about her on facebook for ex. Regular people won't care if it is not avant-garde enough, it's approachable so they'll buy (+ Gaga's name on it!). Then if they make enough money, they can get more adventurous with it with limited releases of crazy stuff, it'll be less risky then! 

But I definitely get why some of her fans would be disappointed with this tho like I said earlier!

Not really. The make-up market is really saturated with palettes like this at varying degrees of quality and price point. If you look through Sephora, Ulta or any other makeup store, you'd find at least 600 palettes with the same color scheme. It's not that this is something really awful or ugly, it's just that there is such a huge volume of similar things on the market that this wasn't really needed. From a business standpoint I don't think it's that smart to just do what everybody else is doing, and just see if you can get somebody on board. What made Rihanna's makeup brand so successful, was that it had an unprecedented variety range of foundations that were equally distributed through the entire spectrum of skintones. Innovation might be more risky, but it yields such a better result when it actually works out.

The people that leave the most money in the makeup industry are hardcore make-up fans and lovers who ARE into neon colors and unconventional shades. Best example would be the massive uproar during the latest Jeffree Star x Shane Dawson release when a deep emerald green out removed out of the palette, only to be replaced by a brown-ish nude color. The palette will now be re-released with the initial green because so many people were outraged about it.

Yea yea yea and if she put a full on rainbow color spectrum including ultra violet and infra red people would still bash saying its too much or the color scheme is bad :saladga:

its just a palette calm the fuc down

There could be a 1000 doves in the sky...

SHALLOW

I mean, they didn’t lie. :huntyga:

don’t get me wrong, i like Haus Labs but it’s not that exciting and it’s kinda overpriced compared to similar products from other brands.

Not reddit giving Gaga the Kim Chi treatment for her palette. I get their point, but isn't it outdated and tiring to constantly bring back the meat dress to justify every critique?

Bolkins

We’re all stuck in this paradigm that Gaga is the epitome of avant-garde but she’s not that chica anymore. I’m not saying that in a bashing sense, the looks she’s serving up have been beautiful but that’s her more angle now, ‘Future Hollywood’ as she’s coined it. 

MessyTop

I’ll say it again, in 10 years from now, nobody I mean nobody will remember her make up line. Just her music. 
Music not the make up!

we all want that make up era to be over and done. 

crisTEAne
3 hours ago, RAMROD said:

LMAO pretty sure those are stans of other pop stars, I don't believe regular people would talk that way.

two of my friends said basically the same: they expected something out-there and avant-garde because, well, it’s gaga. she may have toned down her crazy image, but, imo, what really happened is that now the gp knows she’s crazy talented, so they want her crazy persona with her crazy talent back. she’d no longer read as shocking with something to hide but rocking with hype. like, the gp clearly wants rockstarGa back.

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Archived