💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

Insider: Gaga doesn't deserve another SoTY

Chickens in Malibu

Featured Posts

Sanne Godijn
4 hours ago, ArtGagaPop said:

Imagine not thinking ARUTW is SOTY worthy when it's gagas best song. The only reason why it didn't chart higher was because Interscope didn't release it as a single. Where it was released it's one of the biggest gaga hits ever even though it lacked promotion compared to her other singles since it wasn't released worldwide. 

I heard ARUTW on.The radio a few times here in the netherlands 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jollibee
15 hours ago, Didymus said:

I agree that ARUTW doesn't meet the qualifications for the SOTY category but I definitely don't agree with the idea that it's not that good :rip: It's actually just as good (if not better than) as Shallow imo.

Why ARUTW doesn't meet the qualifications? SOTY is for compositions/melodies. 

The song has great lyrics and melody. So I would say it deserve to be nominated for SOTY.

This person is on one :triggered: ARUTW is literally a career highlight that should have been a single everywhere :triggered: 

Red Velvet
19 hours ago, Teal Ambition said:

She's also a Gaga hater so no surprise there

EJ2ry_WU4AAFssr?format=jpg&name=medium

I really ****ing hate callie ahlgrim

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

lavenderblondee

I agree. I don’t think ARUTW is half way as popular as Shallow and I just don’t see it winning. Do I want her to win? Of course, but I would not be shocked if she didn’t. AOTY should of been a thing tho, I still think it’s one of the best original movie soundtracks I’ve ever heard. Robbed is an understatement :interestinga:

NightStar

There have been songs nominated in this category who were far from the "Shallow" in terms of their promotion and commercial/radio appeal. A song does not have to necessarily be of a great hit level to be worth Song of the Year nomination, since this category celebrates the songwriting talents of the artists. 

"And, put simply, none of the other songs on its soundtrack deserve to drag it back into the spotlight." 

Well, this is, in point of fact, rather unprofessional on behalf of a music journalist. The problem with "A Star is Born" nomination is that the soundtrack was released on October, 5 2018, whereas the eligibility period of 2020 Grammy lasted from October, 1, 2018 to August, 31, 2019. 

So, technically speaking, the album is rather worth a nomination, considering all the hype, acclaim and commercial performance it delivered in the eligible period. However, since Shallow earned a nomination for the 2019 Grammy, we're sot of mentally obliged to think that the album must not overrun the 2019 period, which is absolutely wrong: it belongs with the 2020 Grammy eligible period fully and wholeheartedly, and since the album has been shoved out of all the nominations except for Soundtrack, it just seems reasonable that the Academy is recognizing it with a general field nomination for a song.   

ArtGagaPop
4 hours ago, Sanne Godijn said:

I heard ARUTW on.The radio a few times here in the netherlands 

ARUTW was #1 on radio more weeks then shallow here in Sweden, so much lost potential :bradley:

zakariah
23 hours ago, Teal Ambition said:

EJ2ry_WU4AAFssr?format=jpg&name=medium

this is 100% gonna be a meme when LM's clown themselves about gaga releasing something but actually doesn't and then start hating on her again :ladyhaha:

Didymus
8 hours ago, The Cure said:

Why ARUTW doesn't meet the qualifications? SOTY is for compositions/melodies. 

The song has great lyrics and melody. So I would say it deserve to be nominated for SOTY.

Because we're talking about the best of the entire year across all genres. In theory, anyway. Obviously that's gonna be narrowed down to popularly consumed music and, further, to songs that most people know about. I don't think ARUTW belongs in any of those categories :oprah:

It wasn't even released as a single in the States so this choice really throws me for a loop. Except it doesn't because the Grammy's is rigged and the board probably picked her because they knew her being up there would increase ratings :shrug: It's as simple as that. Why do you think Teenage Dream was up for AOTY? It was one of the worst reviewed albums of the year, and yet.

I'm not singling out ARUTW though. Lover is an even more absurd choice than ARUTW but, just like with Gaga, Taylor being nominated secures ratings and press attention. It's a game. I hate that show.

Archived