• Last Reply
Runway
26 minutes ago, Teal Ambition said:

She's also a Gaga hater so no surprise there

EJ2ry_WU4AAFssr?format=jpg&name=medium

1 like :rip: 

what a Loser :lmao:

Mister G

You know what in all fairness, I think what’s happening right now with this set of nominations is a blatant illustration at how messy music is these days. Let’s be real; how many of us actually a) listen to songs considered Top 40 and b) actually enjoy then? Aside from Lizzo and Ariana, most of whatever else is out there does nothing for me personally. I think these nominations are proof that the quality of music wasn’t all that this year. Just wait for someone like Adele to release her next album; the Grammys will just mail her every award for every category.

Lazz Monster

I can't with y'all saying ARUTW didn't deserve its nom because it wasn't popular in the US when 3 of the SOTY nominees didn't even chart on the HOT 100 :lmao:

We're far from the Shallow now

Regina George

This girl is the best representation of white girl wanting to be progressive and inclusive showing her “white guilt” and forcing it on us hoping that someday she’ll be celebrated. Also her followers count is good representative of how good she is at her job. Biased and factually untruthful. 

Ally Campana
1 minute ago, ReginaGeorge said:

This girl is the best representation of white girl wanting to be progressive and inclusive showing her “white guilt” and forcing it on us hoping that someday she’ll be celebrated. Also her followers count is good representative of how good she is at her job. Biased and factually untruthful. 

I know we disagree on many things but this is spot on. :golfclap:

Does it matter? Damage is done

Ally Campana
3 minutes ago, Lazz Monster said:

I can't with y'all saying ARUTW didn't deserve its nom because it wasn't popular in the US when 3 of the SOTY nominees didn't even chart on the HOT 100 :lmao:

Thank you. I don’t know what’s up with this narrative? It’s an amazing song and if the winners were actually based on quality, it has potential to win.

Does it matter? Damage is done

Mister G
4 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Say it with me baby: teresa giudice burn GIF

BlingNotTheMusic

Love ASIB but enough is enough and the post is high-key accurate. People are OVER ASIB. We started hearing music from it 1.5 years ago and people are ready for new Gaga music. ASIB music doesn't feel connected to 2019 (besides Shallah) and Grammys are literally kicking a dead horse. 

ASIB had it's moment for awards, the GP is ready for something new. AKA, reason 5327774228 new music should've been released this year. Even a short EP...

FfFfFfFF
37 minutes ago, JustJames said:

^ I understand and respect that as an *opinion.* But, why should Gaga's previous body of work impact the nomination a song of hers that is eligible for this specific voting cycle?

Popularity and promotion are not necessary for a SOTY nomination. I remember reading something vague about "breaking into the public consciousness" during the period, and if anything, the fact that ARUTW charted at #41 and has as many streams as it does without an official U.S. single release or live performances makes it more of a qualified candidate than a song that "made" it simply because it was pushed hard by a label. 

ROTY is much more indicative of trends and commercial success than SOTY. The fact that the Grammys seem to have a habit of rewarding the same song(s) in both categories doesn't help distinguis the two, but the lineups this year show a clear change in direction beyond just the Gaga nod.

NFR, Lover, and SYL weren't nominated in any other category and are just as 'out of place' as ARUTW, if not moreso. NFR is even less of a commercial success and has much less impact on the GP; its inclusion would likely indicate that they simply wanted a song from one of the most acclaimed AOTY nominees to be in the GF competition. Lover, too, had not achieved much success during the voting period and received its only nomination in this category (similar to ARUTW and NFR). 

This 100%! :applause:

DeanWinchester

aNoTHeR SOTY

nomination or win? because Gaga hasn't won any general field yet

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

LGMonster95

Some of the opinions from here and that article also :fail:

A lot of the songs from that category didn't even charted inside Billboard's Hot 100 chart unlike Always Remember Us This Way which by the way, it peaked at #41 but that place REALLY doesn't do its justice for the impact that it left, the song is literally 2x PLATINUM ELIGIBLE IN US without even being a single! That's literally incredible for a song that's not even a single. And the biggest joke of them all, if ARUTW doesn't deserve to be there because "ASIB IS OLD NEWS BLA BLA BLA" than wtf is Lizzo doing there with a song from 2017? I know it was added as a bonus track on her album but still, it's the same f*cking song, nothing was changed. Why does the eligibility period even matters at this point. ARUTW is a quality song which is highly acclaimed and loved by pretty much everyone. The fact that some people thinks that the Grammys are kissing Gaga's ass but meanwhile they don't nominated ASIB in AOTY, they make Shallow lose to a political garbage song TWICE that nobody remembers and last but not least, they NEVER let her win at least 1 general field Grammy It's literally clownery at best...

TEANUS

So she barely (really not at all) addresses the actual quality of the songwriting in the track, and song of the year is a songwriting award?

ARUTW is one of the, if not the, BEST WRITTEN songs on the soundtrack.

”That Arizona sky / Burning in your eyes / you look at me and babe I wanna catch on fire”

”It’s buried in my soul / Like California gold / you found the light in me that I couldn’t find”

”When the sun goes down, and the band won’t play / I’ll always remember us this way”

Are you kidding me? Base the judgement off of the quality of the song and the other nominees not your predisposition towards Gaga and the ‘oldness’ of the soundtrack

Anyway, Gaga and her 7 noms for one era with three different tracks and 2 SOTY nominations are unbothered

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

sampool

There’s no way Gagas winning SOTY, they nominated her to satisfy her fans from the AOTY snub, in which she deserved more and had the potential to win if they didn’t go for a popularity contest.

Archived