💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Espresso is Sabrina Carpenter's first UK Number 1!

Kalinda

Featured Posts

Kalinda

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6g31xhuTwk/

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/sabrina-carpenter-espresso-number-1-song-uk/

"She may be working late (because she’s a singer), but we hope Sabrina Carpenter will at least take the night off to celebrate her first UK Number 1 single, Espresso.  

The frothy, funk-infused banger completes its climb to the top of the Official Singles Chart today – despite a last-minute photo-finish run to the line with ex-tourmate Taylor Swift, with fewer than 500 chart units separating Espresso from fortnight ft. Post Malone (2). The UK’s most-streamed track of the week, Espresso racked up 8.8 million streams, according to Official Charts Company data. 

Now one of the first major contenders to soundtrack this summer, Espresso only debuted on the Official Chart two weeks ago, becoming Sabrina’s first Top 10 single in the process. She’d previously logged three Top 40 entries; Nonsense (32), Skin (28) and feather (19). 

Fun chart fact - Espresso is the first caffeine-based UK Number 1 single in 24 years, since All Saints’ Black Coffee topped the charts in 2000. "

Taylor gets another top 10 hit:

"Taylor Swift scores a 29th UK Top 10 single, with I Can Do It With A Broken Heart (8), becoming the fourth single from The Tortured Poets Department to reach the Top 10 in two weeks; following former Number 1 fortnight, The Tortured Poets Department (3) and Down Bad (4). "

And Chappell Roan gets her first top 20 single:

"Chappell Roan’s wistful Good Luck, Babe! becomes her first Top 20 single in the UK, up three (18), while David Guetta & OneRepublic’s I Don’t Wanna Wait also enters the Top 20 for the first time, up seven (20)."

• Like 3
  • YAAAS 2

Karl

I was going to say I'm proud of the UKs taste but then I saw that abomination David Guetta song at #20 :triggered:

• Like 1

RichAssPiss

Ready for her to have a real pop era without all the starts and stops of songs stalling at radio. I think she has a lot to offer and she's finally built up the audience to sustain an album release and solo tour. 

• Thanks 1

King of the Fall
Posted (edited)

Congats to Sabrina, she has been working hard for years and deserves her flowers:applause:

Edited by King of the Fall
We define our moral ground, but when I crawl into your arms, everything comes tumbling down

DopeEnigma

Congrats to her, it’s a brilliant song, she’s smashed it and deserves her kudos Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent

• Like 1

Gagaplayer315

It's a bop

• Like 1

altern8version

listening as we speak! it's really really really good 

steven

It's a bop and she's the new it girl