Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why Gaga is the perfect winner for AOTY than others

Luna Lovegood

Featured Posts

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love for her to finally gain one of the big four, especially if it's AOTY. But whatever happens, happens! The last few years have been wonderful for Gaga's career, and ASIB's run is definitely the crowning jewel of it. Whatever happens regarding nominations and wins, at least we all know that this was a very wonderful and unique time for the fruition of her career.

That said, I do think ASIB has a good shot at an AOTY nomination. Win? Still a hefty chance. It has a lot of components going for it- commercial success, critical acclaim, and even cultural hype. The only thing holding it back is timing- it came out at the beginning of the nomination period, and since then, many (equally great, subjectively better) albums have been released since!

3 points in and ready for more

1 hour ago, PACGAGA said:

Well just have to wait and see. There’s a lot of disadvantages with ASIB according to expert predictors and critics soo...

Asib is exactly the type of album they go for if we remember majority of past winners, but the academy has been criticized heavily for this especially recently for not awarding diversity and awarding the same thing- there’s a chance the voters wants to step away from sonically similar projects. 

also, I’m gonna have to agree with the critics who feel as if the large gap between the Oscars til now of no one from ASIB doing anything will hurt it. Yes it sold good WW but Gaga, Bradley, and all the people who worked on the album left it for dust after the Oscars. 

and a lot of critics who predict asib ALWAYSSSS say how the Academy could ignore it becuase they feel it’s always gotten it’s awards, with Grammys and an Oscar (I know some of y’all feel as if the Oscar win is a good thing, but imo it’s all the reasons to not give it aoty). Again these aren’t my words though, you can google and prediction that predicts asib and likely it’ll state this. 

but I feel like it’s a lock for a nom for the fanbase to feel satisfied, but we know how they Grammys are... so it’s better to not give any high hopes. 

Well she *did* nab that joanne win so the gap could prove to be inconsequential :laughga:

PACGAGA
39 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Well she *did* nab that joanne win so the gap could prove to be inconsequential :laughga:

true. But ONE surprise win won't mean anything. 

especially if we remember who she was up against. :laughga:

AlexanderMagno
On 11/16/2019 at 2:13 PM, AlexanderMagno said:

I want ASIB to be overlooked so bad now :emma: 

On 11/16/2019 at 2:12 PM, River Phoenix said:

all hell break loose trust me :messga:

And she did not get the Album of the Year nomination that everyone thought was guaranteed :flop:  

Luna Lovegood
5 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

And she did not get the Album of the Year nomination that everyone thought was guaranteed :flop:  

This thread aged like sour MILK lmao 😭 I feel like Gaga’s chances at winning the general field is practically zero now let’s be real

luna’s advocate

SwissMonster

And my clown ass thought she could win AOTY this time :poot:

Yet not even a nom :poot:

But hands down, Gaga stan or not, ASIB fan or not, this is a snub!

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

Luna Lovegood
6 minutes ago, Katherine said:

GGD: "Why Gaga is the perfect AOTY winner"

Reality: *doesn't get nominated*

tenor.gif

9 minutes ago, LGs LM said:

happy joaquin phoenix GIFmr rogers clown GIF

Put your clowns makeup on supplied by haus labs!

logo tv makeup GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

luna’s advocate

Economy

Dont forget the album only has 4 or 5 tracks of great vocals and glamour from Gaga...

the rest of the album is mediocre vocals from bradley (hes not a singer i know, im not hating) and dialogue from movie

shallow, INLA, ARUTW, ITA doesnt represent the ENTIRE album

Archived