💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Gossip Girl Reboot to Star People of Color, Include More ‘Queer Content’

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

15-gossip-girl-cover.w330.h330.2x.jpg

But one thing Safran will say about his Gossip Girl“update” is that it will do more to accurately reflect the demographic realities of New York teens. “There was not a lot of representation the first time around on the show,” he says of the iconic series. “I was the only gay writer I think the entire time I was there. Even when I went to private school in New York in the ’90s, the school didn’t necessarily reflect what was on Gossip Girl. So, this time around the leads are nonwhite. There’s a lot of queer content on this show. It is very much dealing with the way the world looks now, where wealth and privilege come from, and how you handle that.

https://www.vulture.com/2019/11/gossip-girl-reboot-producer-promises-more-diverse-leads.html

Only 7 years has passed since the final, I mean, at least let it age a bit :poot:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

ZiggyZiggs

um can they just stop announcing stuff like this expecting to get woke points, and just do it......like normalize this ****, every time producers/ networks are like oooh we are going to have a full cast of color, its just weird, like it feels like they're trying to sell a product rather than actually wanting to push for diversity

as a poc, it's super frustrating, just cast poc and move on, don't make a spectacle out of it ugh

LostBoyfriend
7 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

um can they just stop announcing stuff like this expecting to get woke points, and just do it......like normalize this ****, every time producers/ networks are like oooh we are going to have a full cast of color, its just weird, like it feels like they're trying to sell a product rather than actually wanting to push for diversity

as a poc, it's super frustrating, just cast poc and move on, don't make a spectacle out of it ugh

I'm hoping this will change over time.

People now with the resources or network to actually create a show or a piece of media, are old and don't really care or understand the problem. So I'm hoping, as everything, when new people gets to that point everything will change and do it because the storyline says so and not the urge to sell.

It's a slow progress but it's progress anyway.

Azor Ahai
15 minutes ago, Lemondeduerl said:

Imagine how tired we are. They could make new original series. 

What are they even rebooting?

The concept of someone having an anonymous gossip twitter account in highschool?

RAMROD

Tokenism. I don't need it.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

kaelergrey

I don't know how I feel with this one tbh. :triggered:

But im happy with the inclusivity 

Always Remember That You Are Special, You Are Beautiful and You Are Loved 

Katherine
26 minutes ago, Azor Ahai said:

What are they even rebooting?

The concept of someone having an anonymous gossip twitter account in highschool?

It's rather a spin-off more than a reboot. They share the same universe, but not the same plot.

SharkmanthaC

But Gossip Girl was based from a book series.  The TV show isn't even as graphic as the books are.  They need to use a different title if they're going to stray away from the book series.

Also, how has @TeenIdle not been tagged yet? 

she/her/hers

Archived